Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I assume you know it’s often advised to take Vit D with Vit K, perhaps you should experiment with this combo and see if you still have cramp issues or calcium absorption issues?

I’m limited in knowledge but IMO magnesium supplementing can only be a good thing esp for cramping.

Posted (edited)

Removed by author.

Edited by Deleted Account

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 5:06 PM, Caprisunny said:

I often read accutane can speed up MPB but how does this work?

I had diffuse hair loss everywhere (entire body), not just the scalp.
On 7/9/2018 at 5:07 AM, childofsungod said:

According to a recent ultrasound they are both at around the 10ml mark, whilst the average is 20ml.

What was the follow up? they didnt find any issues with blood flow?
oh wait they did.
you have a left sided varicocele that was found on ultrasound?
11 hours ago, MonsterDiesel said:

I've been getting really bad cramps anytime i take vitamin d

Yea I did too. 
I have looked extensively into vitamin k2 as the long chain form synthesized from bacteria.
So now im looking at the bacteria itself.
supplementing vitamin k might not make sense. 
it might not be how it works in nature.

Edited by guitarman01

Posted (edited)

@MonsterDiesel
on the topic of k2. You look into this thread and later find out that this person had taken Accutane previously as well and seemed to have a extreme reaction to k2.
Weird Reaction to Vitamin K2
https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/68130-weird-reaction-to-vitamin-k2/

6 hours ago, Devolution said:

My skin keeps burning, getting pins and needles

Yes as well.
emg was neg.
On 7/7/2018 at 4:04 AM, Biggest Brother said:

We did this meiobian gland therapy which massaged the glands with heat to help push the blocked oil out

This almost makes me think there is muscle involvement which might include blood flow.
As to something being "choked out" from blood flow to gland function. Edited by guitarman01

Posted (edited)

Removed by author.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:08 AM, guitarman01 said:

Posted
8 hours ago, Devolution said:

Does anyone know how to treat small fiber neuropathy or any type of neuropathy for that matter? My skin keeps burning, getting pins and needles or feels dead if i lay on it, my whole body is a lot more desensitized to touch and I can't really gauge temperature, i find it hard to feel the heat, still can't really smell etc, just curious if anyone has any ideas how to minimise this, im not sure if its SFN but i genuinely can't see what else it can be.
thanks.

if you can rule out b6 toxicity and compression from slipped disks or the like, then use b12/b6/b1 injections to help the nerves heal.  If you can't do injections, oral pills also work.  Also check homocysteine and Iron levels, make sure they are within range.

Posted
2 hours ago, guitarman01 said:

@MonsterDiesel
on the topic of k2. You look into this thread and later find out that this person had taken Accutane previously as well and seemed to have a extreme reaction to k2.
Weird Reaction to Vitamin K2
https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/68130-weird-reaction-to-vitamin-k2/

I posted on that thread too.  I'm the one that had all the medical tests to figure out what had happened.  I actually forgot all about that.  K1 at 200 mcg made me feel a little like that but I'm convinced there is a problem with calcification and it improves my skin almost overnight.  I took 5k vitamin d and 600 mg magnesium when i came home and I do feel better.  Added another 200 mcg of k1 and that felt fine.

I have a theory that this dose is mobilizing calcium from the periphery (arteries, joints, etc) and moving it around to the bones hopefully.  Just make sure you take all the cofactors.  I should probably add taurine but I don't tolerate it well.  I become slow and lethargic.  Maybe with this combo it wont affect me.

I also noticed I tend to bleed more since using K1- which is counterintuitive.  But it's never a bright red bleed, more like dark colored.  Next time I feel unwell like this, I'll measure my calcium levels.

On that note, we should have a separate thread to discuss abnormal lab readings.  I've tested tons of stuff, but have only found a couple of abnormalities..

Posted (edited)

Removed by author.

Posted (edited)

Removed by author.

Posted

Alright so I have a few questions. I am a 20 y/o guy and I took accutane last year (5 months on 30 mg per day and 1 month on 60 mg per day) and today I am left with severe eye, mouth, nose dryness (similar to sjogrens syndrome). The dryness is at its worst in the morning, after waking up. My lips are fine, they are never dry anymore but my throat gets so dry in the night. I went to an eye doctor and she told me my meibomian glands are in very poor condition. She told me to massage and use eye drops but its not helping much. I also notice some lower back pain throughout the day which I didnt have before accutane... I am just looking for a cure.. Do you think it will get better in the next years? I think its possible that my body needs more time to heal from this. Or at least I hope so. Dont want these problems for the rest of my life... 

Posted

Sorry to hear you’ve got side effects.

I think I’m accurate in saying that the majority of people who get the bad side effects have yet to find a cure so you’ll have to prepare yourself for years of issues I’m afraid, a lifetime of issues? - that remains to be seen....

Having said that, not everyone gets stuck in this loop, there are examples of people curing themselves or at least that is what they are saying so don’t give up!!

Continue to work with a trusted GP but there are also great alternative doctors, whilst they won’t have a cure, they will help you deal/treat some of your issues and make it bearable for you.

Time alone will absolutely NOT heal you I’m afraid!!

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 7:21 PM, Devolution said:

has anyone on this forum ever got a skin biopsy to test thier small fibers?

This looks like a fairly new method of testing. I wonder how easy this test would be to come by.
Maybe more so in a university or clinic setting. Not sure if its standardized, covered by insurance?
Something to look into.  

speaking of skin. what is normally found on the surface looking at the microbiome?
could a biopsy reveal this as well?

The Normal Bacterial Flora of Humans 
http://textbookofbacteriology.net/normalflora.html

Prop.acnes_colonies.jpeg
Figure 4. Colonies of Propionibacterium acnes, found on skin and the conjunctiva.

Edited by guitarman01

Posted

Took Accutane in 2009 Myself
Found the cure
Fast for as long as possible, 20 days is a good number to work for.

When your fast is over eat farm fresh food. Remember we are designed to eat fruits vegitables and the seeds.

Have a nicce day

Posted

Could you describe your side effects please?

Posted

Fasting won’t cure bowel cancer which tane can cause, so cure....hmmm

too vague a post, there’s a multitude of issues one can face after tane, you’d need to know what you’re doing to get to a 20 day fast!!

If you don’t, you’ll do more harm than good.

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2018 at 7:24 PM, guitarman01 said:

Removed by author.

Posted
@aforsberg please share some details about your story. I woul really appreciate it

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, baffo900 said:
@aforsberg please share some details about your story. I woul really appreciate it

^ This guy is a troll, a fraud, and an attempted small-time scammer.

Evidence here: https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/295030-repairing-the-long-term-damage-from-accutane/?page=251

Aforsberg/fobbaguy/awashington/accutanereallysucks lied about being a dermatologist to sell " a guide to recovering from accutane" for $5 per download that supposedly contained nothing more than ways to increase oil production.

. Edited by Dubya_B

Posted

It’s crazy it’s been all these years and there’s still no cure or solution (maybe I’m losing my mind). Crazier that no test shows anything is wrong. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Mabbbs said:

It’s crazy it’s been all these years and there’s still no cure or solution (maybe I’m losing my mind). Crazier that no test shows anything is wrong. 

Hang on, what about the post just above about fasting and a cure, is that real?

It gets followed up by someone else saying the person is a fraud, so how are we ever going to find a cure with people still coming in here and bullshiting the rest of us??

Or, is the person not bullshiting? What a joy it is to be a tane victim....it’s all so exciting.

Posted
14 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Hang on, what about the post just above about fasting and a cure, is that real?

It gets followed up by someone else saying the person is a fraud, so how are we ever going to find a cure with people still coming in here and bullshiting the rest of us??

Or, is the person not bullshiting? What a joy it is to be a tane victim....it’s all so exciting.
Not sure about the cure someone posted tbh, but I legit only eat one meal per day so i’m like fasting everyday (due to my food intolerances bc of accutane) and yeah it doesn’t really cure anything. What are your symptoms? How long have you been a victim?

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2018 at 10:11 AM, Devolution said:
On 7/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, guitarman01 said:

This looks like a fairly new method of testing. I wonder how easy this test would be to come by.

I know Dr. Healy was asking people to get it done to see if people with PSSD have SFN but i think its quite expensive, 300 or so for the test. Be interesting all the same if it is covered by insurance.
300 sounds cheap actually. Unless you meant 3,000.

btw regarding tests.
a recap. 
you had someone show some low grade brain inflammation going on from a Mayo clinic analyzed PET head scan.
@Babis
he also tested positive for a pretty rare antibody.
acetylcholine ganglionic neuronal antibody.
So did I.
I tried looking into this a little bit. No local drs are familiar with it. Even including a nero at UW Madison.
This can also affect the gastro system.
it basically could be a autoimmune attack on the nervous system.
Don't quote me on that.
Getting to a place like Mayo is prob a good idea. After you have some type of case built up or maybe some idea of what might be going on.
I might try in the future, I dont have insurance atm.

switching gears been looking at a couple things
a hormone that seems to regulate alot
somatostatin.
inhibits digestion?

Somatostatin - Wikipedia

Somatostatin, also known as growth hormone-inhibiting hormone (GHIH) or by several other names, is a peptide hormone that regulates the endocrine system and affects neurotransmission and cell proliferation via interaction with G protein-coupled somatostatin receptors and inhibition of the release of numerous secondary ...

Gastrointestinal system[edit]

on the other side of the spectrum. 
Lactic Acid

1. Increases Testosterone
  2. Increases Human Growth Hormone
  3. Is Used as Fuel

Special cells called “Leydig” use lactic acid to suck up cholesterol and convert it into testosterone.
Without lactic acid... your body refuses  to do any of the exciting things such as producing more testosterone, growth hormone and energy.

its also a powerful antibiotic thats looking to replace "antibiotics"
you can find it in things like palmolive antibacterial soap. 

Brain metabolism[edit]

Although glucose  is usually assumed to be the main energy source for living tissues, there are some indications that it is lactate, and not glucose , that is preferentially metabolized by neurons  in the brain  of several mammalian  species 

lactic acid is also produced by some commensal bacteria

Edited by guitarman01

Posted

Did anyone here do an MRI for their joints?

Posted

Anyone here uses Cordyceps already? I could not go a day without i now.

Posted
On 7/14/2018 at 5:54 PM, aforsberg said:

Took Accutane in 2009 Myself
Found the cure
Fast for as long as possible, 20 days is a good number to work for.

When your fast is over eat farm fresh food. Remember we are designed to eat fruits vegitables and the seeds.

Have a nicce day

This has been on my mind lately.  What changes would a long fast produce?  Longest I went was 3 days.  Other Tane users fasted this long and saw improvements?