Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted
18 hours ago, Kokodu said:

Could someone say about progress in finasteride medication? As I remember there was some people who wanted to try it.

The user Idontknow1993 still seems to be doing well as of December 11th page 573 after doing a month cycle of finasteride some time in august or November. The user namelk is still on their cycle of finasteride and plans to finish it some time towards the end of December. I don't know anyone else who is currently trying this out. The hackstasis forum; https://hackstasis.com/threads/accutane-recoveries-using-finasteride.119/page-6 discusses this some more.

Posted

Losing ones hair in an “attempt” to cure Accutane side effects is not progress!!

Come on people, there’s got to be another path surely??

Posted
4 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Losing ones hair in an “attempt” to cure Accutane side effects is not progress!!

Come on people, there’s got to be another path surely??

Anyone getting out of this mess and getting their life back is progress! 

Look at the positives from these recoveries - it pretty much says that no permanent damage has been done, the body is just stuck in a an abnormal state. Rather than discounting these people should be thinking about why it's worked and trying to understand the mechanisms better. 

Posted (edited)
On 23/12/2017 at 2:01 PM, guitarman01 said:
Cod liver oil was probably experiment 157 for me years ago. I dont know how much your taking or the ratio to vitamin D, but if you were to isolate Vitamin A, take a larger dose you would probably eventually find it having a negative impact on the skin. I did. Skin hardening, thinning, dryness, dry hair.
The fact that cod liver oil could be considered a nutritional dose of these vitamins does not make it of much concern for what you are taking.
I don't believe Vitamin A on a nutritional level has a negative impact and is still necessary for good health.

Switching gears Looking at vitamin K's impact on the skin. Vitamin K proteins are found in the epidermis of the skin. They are vital for the production of collagen  in bone. The same could possibly be said for skin health. vitamin k could be vital for thick, plump skin. Vitamin D could play a role in this as well as it "Assists"

Speaking of where Vitamin K proteins are found, they are "EVERYWHERE" 
All major organs, the skin, the blood vessels, bone. 
Alterations in this could trigger anything from a autoimmune reaction, inflammation or weakness.
For example vitamin K proteins are found in the HEART.
I have a small sag in my heart.

You miss my point. Im not saying vitamin A has a negative impact. Im theorizing that we have a lack of vitamin A after Accutane as our bodies cant process it the same way. Plus im betting the majority of us have avoided vitamin A since accutane too. 

im honestly noticing the most benefits of anything I've tried to do. My skin is improving a lot and im ridiculously horny, which i havent been for about a year. Definitely putting this down to vitamin A - see below: 

1. Vitamin A is a vitamin for the production of sexual hormones in both men and woman. You may found it in many foods that you can incorporate into your daily diet. Foods like dried apricots or cabbage. Mainly you can find “A” vitamins in most fruits and vegetables and will contain the nutrients your body needs for an active sex drive.
Edited by Justdry
Typo

Posted
12 minutes ago, Justdry said:
You miss my point. Im not saying vitamin A has a negative impact. Im theorizing that we have a lack of vitamin A after Accutane as our bodies cant process it the same way. Plus im betting the majority of us have avoided vitamin A since accutane too. 

im honestly noticing the most benefits of anything I've tried to do. My skin is improving a lot and im ridiculously horny, which i havent been for about a hear. Definitely putting this down to vitamin A - see below: 

1. Vitamin A is a vitamin for the production of sexual hormones in both men and woman. You may found it in many foods that you can incorporate into your daily diet. Foods like dried apricots or cabbage. Mainly you can find “A” vitamins in most fruits and vegetables and will contain the nutrients your body needs for an active sex drive.

This is interesting ..did you try  beta caroete or vitamin A  (retinyl)?  . ...back in 2010, I took  retinyl capsules for 5-7 days.    I was noticeably hornier and grew more hair,  BUT  got headaches, less sleep, and quite depressed.  It took a few weeks to get out of that spiral.    I've been too afraid to touch it since.   Ill only eat natural beta carotene now and not even in capsules.    but Ive never specifically tried to eat beta carotene veges everyday.  Perhaps this could help.  A few years ago I did get my serum A levels checked, which were well normal,  but I know that isn't the whole issue.  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TrueJustice said:
Deleted 
Edited by Colinboko

Posted
6 hours ago, Justdry said:

im honestly noticing the most benefits of anything I've tried to do. My skin is improving a lot and im ridiculously horny, which i havent been for about a year. Definitely putting this down to vitamin A - see below: 

Apparently Finasteride fixes all this up....

Posted

What do you guys take for muscle pain and stifness? 

Posted
1 hour ago, TrueJustice said:

Apparently Finasteride fixes all this up....
Yeah I'll take a pass on that. I'd feel more comfortable doing lines of cocaine than go down that road. 

Posted (edited)

Not only Accutane affects libido, I believe it can make the glans of my penis red and sore so much easily, I mean, if before the treatment in 2011 I was able to "fap" 3 times a day with no problems, now if I don't lubricate the area I can barely do this 1 or 2 times every X days... I must be the luckiest man alive to only have lost the libido and had this side effect (dry skin?) in the penis, considering all other issues related here.

One would think this happens because now I can barely have pre-cum during the act, but it's clear to me the penis skin is not what used to be. I even thought once I caught some STD, but I am totally clean.

Could this mean I'll always have to use lubrication or some specific soap or product to prevent this from happening?

I would appreciate any tips about this and some explanation if this is also another consequence from the treatment. There's no indication my body has anything else wrong.

Edit: just saw some texts explaining I have to acquire a proper (and more expensive) liquid soap to prevent the penis from having this problem. Will see what I can do...

Edited by Perene

Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2017 at 5:29 PM, hatetane said:

Most importantly and the point everyone seem to miss - the pharmaceutical companies are not looking for safer ways to treat acne because they 
are allowed to prescribe accutane.

Your right I wasn't thinking about this. Accutane is the "let's systemically treat the entire body from the inside out and hope for the best when it comes to side effects." It's a chaotic approach similar to chemotherapy that can cause destruction and damage.
There should be a more targeted approach. 
But yes, probably not a lot of incentive when Accutane is still on the market.

Edited by guitarman01

Posted
On 12/23/2017 at 11:18 AM, tanedout said:

You should have a read through some of this stuff, it's much more in depth than discussions on here, but you seem to have a better understanding of biochemistry than most https://hackstasis.com/threads/zinc-finger-theory-for-hairloss-and-pfs.289/

Im sorry, I dont think this is biochemistry. I think it's a con. I dont know why you continue to listen to this person or why he has a following. He seems very unhinged to me, is absolutely all over the place, and if someone questions him or his logic, he is very defiant. 
This to me is a example of the patient pretending to be the doctor. 
On 12/26/2017 at 6:44 AM, Kokodu said:

Could someone say about progress in finasteride medication? As I remember there was some people who wanted to try it.

On 12/24/2017 at 0:51 PM, Perene said:

I contacted Kevin Pezzi this week and he sent for free an ebook (PDF)

On 12/24/2017 at 0:51 PM, Perene said:

One thing that the ebook says is this:

-  Stringently avoid other things that may decrease the testosterone level or effect (such as phytoestrogens and antiandrogens).

^This is the person that came up with taking Finasteride to treat Accutane side effects.
You see now how much he has changed his tune about taking antiandrogens.

Posted

Guys
yesterday I took my last pill of finasteride, I was going to take today also to have 28 days but I stopped with 27, anything that happens will warn

Posted
12 hours ago, guitarman01 said:
Im sorry, I dont think this is biochemistry. I think it's a con. I dont know why you continue to listen to this person or why he has a following. He seems very unhinged to me, is absolutely all over the place, and if someone questions him or his logic, he is very defiant. 
This to me is a example of the patient pretending to be the doctor.  ^This is the person that came up with taking Finasteride to treat Accutane side effects.
You see now how much he has changed his tune about taking antiandrogens.

He's made some contradictions and some of things he's said are no doubt wrong, but he's also made suggestions which have helped people and he's actively trying to establish an understanding of what these drugs have done to people, and the mechanisms. Gives people some hope at the very least.

Everyone is pretty much on their own in this mess because everyone seems to be affected slightly differently (potentially the upregulated/downregulated situation, and other factors) - and speaking to a normal doctor about post-accutane issues is like speaking to a physicist about a physics problems where the laws of physics don't apply. 

Posted (edited)

gbolduev believes in chemtrails. He's about as knowledgeable at the this topic as you or I.

There's another thread on that site where a user says they're being helped by Resveratrol and gbolduev tells them to get off immediately because it shouldn't help. The user gets off, and guess what happens? all the benefits go away and they're back to square zero because gbold said so.

Edited by ailaeshiz

Posted
31 minutes ago, ailaeshiz said:

gbolduev believes in chemtrails. He's about as knowledgeable at the this topic as you or I.

There's another thread on that site where a user says they're being helped by Resveratrol and gbolduev tells them to get off immediately because it shouldn't help. The user gets off, and guess what happens? all the benefits go away and they're back to square zero because gbold said so.

He's dug out some interesting studies, especially with regards to amino acids, and he's definitely made suggestions that help. I take betaine HCI with meals now and this results in a noticeable improvement in mental clarity. One of the PFS guys has seen a decent improvement to libido with l-cysteiine and l-histidine.

What works for one doesn't work for the other though, you need to try things personally and notice how you get on, read up on studies and follow discussions on boards like that - that's the best we have really. Doctors are useful when it comes to getting bloods and other tests obviously. 

Posted

What do you guys think is best for muscle pain stiffness and joints? Carnitin? 

Posted
2 hours ago, fiksi said:

What do you guys think is best for muscle pain stiffness and joints? Carnitin? 

In my experience, good sleep pattern (and a sufficiently deep sleep) is important. In addition, I have less muscle pain when I'm mentally stable.

Are there anyone who has tried silicon for a long period?

Posted
On 12/25/2017 at 3:01 AM, Modeaa said:

You used to post on here all the time. How are you? Better, worse, the same? Anything you are looking into these days or thoughts you have on the different topics floating around?

Posted

new video. innovative endocrinologist doctor treating TBI/depression through alternative means. I posted his older video couple hundreds pages back. Someone should reach out to him, refer him to this forum, and ask him what he thinks, or just email him and ask him what he thinks. Obviously, our side effects differ between people, but would be interesting to have a tane sufferer reach out to him or even get treated by him.

Posted
On 8/30/2017 at 9:37 PM, octopusfrog said:

Just got some current blood tests done with a new doctor.. same as two years ago. High testosterone, low FSH and low vitamin D. I will see a neuro in 2 weeks and ask for the autonomic test. 

What ever happened with testing for the acetylcholine ganglionic neuronal antibody test to look at possible autonomic dysfunction?
What did the neurologist say? I take it you never got the test?

Posted
1 hour ago, macleod said:

new video. innovative endocrinologist doctor treating TBI/depression through alternative means. I posted his older video couple hundreds pages back. Someone should reach out to him, refer him to this forum, and ask him what he thinks, or just email him and ask him what he thinks. Obviously, our side effects differ between people, but would be interesting to have a tane sufferer reach out to him or even get treated by him.

What country does he reside in?

A question to ask is - how to fix “atrophy of the Hippocampus”?

Id be making it clear from the get go that doing Testosterone or Estrogen tests are useless with our predicament- it’s the mechanism behind hormones that we need to look at.

Posted

Who here has tried Pyrroloquinoline quinone. I know that there is some evidence claiming that it has the ability to reverse or atleast stop mental devay. Has anybody here noticed an improvement. 

Also, I should probably add that I’ve had very little luck with pregnenolone helping with libido problems. I find that I do have a weird urge with it, but nothing near traditional sexual arousal.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, guitarman01 said:
What ever happened with testing for the acetylcholine ganglionic neuronal antibody test to look at possible autonomic dysfunction?
What did the neurologist say? I take it you never got the test?
@octopusfrog Now i'm confused. Your the one that told me someone else that took accutane had tested positive for this same antibody.

(which isn't the most common thing, 1 out of 15,000 according to Mayo Clinic screening)
-Its also associated with a 30 percent cancer rate which hopefully shouldn't be the case for myself and @Babis

You also mentioned a few times about trying to get this test yourself.
I've brought it up now a couple times with you and yet you dont even respond.
What is going on with this?
  Edited by guitarman01

Posted