Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Does anyone know if there’s a medication for chronic inflammation?

The natural paths are easy to know - turmeric,juicing etc

Just curious if there’s a prescription drug for it too?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Does anyone know if there’s a medication for chronic inflammation?

The natural paths are easy to know - turmeric,juicing etc

Just curious if there’s a prescription drug for it too?

hydrocortisone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do we have any info on how or if tane affects bile? 

Edited by pimple pimp

Posted
53 minutes ago, pimple pimp said:
hydrocortisone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a topical solution?

Im talking medication- tablets.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

My thought yesterday when thinking about this  “red cell morphology” was that it’s just clumping of the blood....we’ll see with follow up test. It also says “platelets clumped” on report, again my initial thought was too much Vit K causing a thickening of the blood....

Again, Im not so sure about this. Platelets clumping is also seen when blood is unable to clot on anticoagulant therapy . So clumping doesn't mean thickening of the blood. If your diagnosis was true, which hopefully not, it means quite the opposite. 

Here is showing Vitamin K inhibiting platelets clumping.
Inhibition of human platelet aggregation by vitamin K. ... The analogues were potentinhibitors of aggregation induced by ADP, thrombin, collagen and arachidonate but were less active against aggregation induced by the calcium ionophore A23187.
Based on your age and what you are going through, Im not sure you are the best candidate to look at or realize some things. (This has nothing to do with vitamin k.)
One post its "lesson learned", the next post its "who can suggest me some good drugs for inflammation"

On the other hand maybe you are a good candidate because of your age. Your still getting tests and some things might start to show up where some of us could be a precursor of this.
  Edited by guitarman01

Posted

I’m asking the inflammation question because Dr immediately got me to do another blood test, One I don’t think I’ve ever had before for inflammation!!

Im just pre-empting if there is an inflammation issue what she might prescribe, if anything at all.

If she mentions turmeric etc, the answer will be no - as a group we’ve gone down this path, supplements etc are bullshit for a cure, we need to medicate!!

I take your point about K - I did also say I don’t know for sure just yet.

I can’t see her saying “get on the Vit K supplements” keep in mind I haven’t even mentioned Vit K to her at any stage yet.

Posted
5 hours ago, Gladiatoro said:
Wiki is a paid for web site in fact paid and bought by pharmaceutical companies , never trust wiki.

Whale.to has some of the best information availability anywhere FACT.
it's psuedoscience for nutters and the mentally deranged.

Posted
2 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Is that a topical solution?

Im talking medication- tablets.

it comes in pills - prescription only medication

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, pimple pimp said:
hydrocortisone

It definitely has an impact on bile flow, a lot of people have speculated on it inducing cholestasis. I'm currently taking UDCA which seems to help a lot here, but it doesn't improve any of my other symptoms. 

I don't think there are any studies to prove this, but then there are few studies on the effects of the drugs. The ones there are have shown its proven to shorten telomeres which means you are at a much increased risk of degenerative conditions like Alzheimers, dementia, many cancers as a result of having taken the drug but that's of no surprise. I think a lot of people think that as the drug was initially designed to treat brain cancer that you're at an decreased risk of getting cancer, but the nature of the lasting effects would strongly indicate otherwise. 

The 'NatureCrazy  - 8 tips on accutane' video on youtube talks about cholestasis - worth searching for.  Edited by tanedout

Posted
On 12/20/2017 at 10:31 AM, Roland1968 said:

Interesting - would you say, that you see an improvement with skin dryness? skin getting more oily again?

The problem with answering this question is the fact that i neglected to moisturize or use face wash for about 6 years so my skin became increasingly dry over this period until I had scales and it was pretty much f'ed, I always blamed accutane for it but i think it's because of the poor skincare routine post accutane. 

I now use a pH 5.5 soap free face wash, use starflower oil on my face at night and moisturizer during the day. I don't currently have any noticeable dryness but the damage left behind is almost crippling. My face still feels dry and tight after washing until i apply something to it but i darent leave it without moisturizer anymore so i'm not sure what it'd be like if i left it.

Adding Vitamin A in the form of cod liver oil to my routine is definitely helping to heal the skin barrier but i think this is just going to be a hell of a long process. My face looks and feels oily to the touch even late in the day now, but i'm not sure if that's the moisturizer or what. It used to be at it's driest at the end of the day. 

I really do think that avoiding vitamin A for so many years is NOT the right thing to do - I've literally noticed no negative effects since taking cod liver oil and like i said in my previous post, this is the horniest i've felt in years but i don't know if that's a coincidence. 

For the past year I had also developed a dry penis head - however, since taking cod liver oil it has started to go and isn't anywhere near as dry as it had gotten. 

Posted
17 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

I can’t see her saying “get on the Vit K supplements” keep in mind I haven’t even mentioned Vit K to her at any stage yet.

At this point she's probably not going to know much about what's currently being researched as far as k2. Its very current and ongoing. Testing coagulation factors (vitamin k can be responsible for coagulation and anticoagulation) and Lupus anticoagulant might be of interest. (I just had a neurologist retest me for Lupus anticoagulant, still waiting on results) a rheumatologist would also order Lupus anticoagulant, not sure about a primary doctor. 
When it comes to making connections with Accutane and what it might have induced, out of all the doctors i've seen they barely spend any time even considering this, so in this regard some of us are going to have much more extensive knowledge of what could be possible.
For example I've spent 20 years on this, Doctors spend a few minutes. 
Anyone wondering my age btw im 34. I realize if there is some processes that continue to go in the wrong direction, the more critical the passage of time might become in figuring some things out.

Posted
16 hours ago, ailaeshiz said:
21 hours ago, Gladiatoro said:
Wiki is a paid for web site in fact paid and bought by pharmaceutical companies , never trust wiki.

Whale.to has some of the best information availability anywhere FACT.
it's psuedoscience for nutters and the mentally deranged.
TRUTH!

Posted
These are Epigenetic changes going in the right direction, on a genetic level.

New MenaQ7 Vitamin K2 Study Validates Inflammation Benefits

May 31, 2016
http://www.nattopharma.com/new-menaq7-vitamin-k2-study-validates-inflammation-benefits/

modulation of the immune and inflammatory biomarkers.
-significant because it confirms another mechanism by which vitamin K2 supports cardiovascular health by impact markers of inflammation.
Chronic inflammation is considered an underlying pathology of many diseases that remain poorly understood and treated,” the researchers wrote. “Cardiovascular disease (CVD), a leading cause of mortality in the world, is not only considered as a disorder of lipid accumulation, but also as a disease characterized by low-grade inflammation of the endothelial cells and an inappropriate healing response of the vascular lining.”

researchers evaluated high-purity natural vitamin K2 (98.4% menaquinone-7, MK-7, as MenaQ7) in vitro for its potential toinhibit gene expression and production of pro-inflammatory markers by human monocyte-derived macrophages (hMDMs) from two sources (hMDMs and THP-1).

The results showed that the MK-7 form of vitamin K2 is able to dose dependentlyinhibit TNF-a, IL-1a, and IL-1b gene expression and protein production by healthy hMDMs in vitro. According to the researchers, “In view of these encouraging findings on the anti-inflammatory properties of MK-7, we plan to test additional biomarkers of immune and inflammatory response in this form of vitamin K2 in vitro. This work may elucidate the anti-inflammatory mechanism of vitamin K2 and establish the potential biomarker targets in clinical testing of the role of MK-7 in the cardiovascular health as well as other chronic degenerative conditions.”

Posted (edited)

Hello all,
here's my story  (not only that, I'll raise some relevant points, too):

I am 33 as of 2017. I have never drank any alcohol or smoked anything in my life. Also never had any health problems besides a cold at best (no medication was used during the months I took Accutane in 2011). While doing the treatment I did the blood tests and visited doctors as required. Stayed at home most of this period, and since 2009 my diet and personal habits improved (before that I never really care about healthy foods). I believe I always had mild signs of this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

No need to tell most of time I spent at home prior to 2011 (since 2013 I returned to school and since 2015 I am going on a daily basis to a gym). I was planning on going to the latter for the first time around 2011. Scrapped that idea and only went months after the end of treatment, so I didn't exert myself. The only side effect I remember experiencing were dry lips.

At this point my libido was OK, despite my differences with women which were beginning to hint I was going to quit "FAP" and interest in them. However in 2012 I was all of sudden infatuated with a woman I saw at the gym and at the same time I had depression. There was a day when I even had an erection just by looking directly at her, it was embarassing and if my libido was 6, 7 in 2010-11, at this point I would say it was 10-11. So was my mood if higher numbers mean depression.

I won't go into many details and will sum things up: around 2011/12 my discomfort with society and women in general was higher than ever before (MGTOW and such) yet at the same time this woman at the gym I bumped months before was making me feel in a way I would never have behaved if I were my old self. I decided to drop the idea of approaching her after this erection in public (something that never happened with that intensity), and decided to leave that place (she went to my other one because I hinted where I was going there before leaving). At the time (2012-13) my depression made me feel so bad that I almost cried in public (at home I felt this way for days), and I never had a passionate interest in a woman BEFORE or felt bad like this. I have always been stoic, stable in my mood.

After a few years the depression was gone. So was the libido and interest in women, both of these things were decimated gradually. The irony is that while these things are pointed as ruining the life of people who took Accutane they were far from being a bad thing for me. Consider me someone that always wanted to be a celibate.

I moved to another gym (she, too) and for the first time since 1996 (when started) I stopped with the masturbation for months. Suffice to say Accutane caused depression and high libido, which dropped significantly up to 2017.

You remember I said it was 6, 7 around 2010-11 and 10 in 2012? Now it feels like 3. And 3 would be a man who only has curiosity about women, don't want to FAP or feel almost no pleasure in doing, and so on... 

My sexual desire vanished completely. 

I was able during the last years to spend more than a year without masturbation. This was a "record" that was never achieved in almost 2 decades.

And all the times I had sex since 2013 weren't enjoyable.

Another thing I noticed is that my penis is somehow more prone to become red and sore after a masturbation that rarely occurs, when BEFORE ACCUTANE I "fapped" 3, 4 times on a daily basis and wanted more. Now if I do this once a week it seems too much (was thinking this could be the soap used, and even if someone says I need to lubricate my penis, the truth is that it was never that sensible before), and of course the orgasm is light years from what once was.

I can't explain at length what has happened in my life and the way I think in this thread. 

This would take a loooooong time and it's not relevant for what I am about to say.

I believe in my case the loss of libido can't be determined if it's from the use of Accutane or psychological. I bet it's 60% in the mind and 40% from the rest.

My recent blood tests showed I have low testosterone. I did two in August and November.

ALL NORMAL:

Uric acid = 4,9 mg/dL.
Creatinine = 0,9 mg/dL
Glucose = 92 mg/dL
CBC/Hemogram = all results OK
Lipid Profile: all OK. Example: total cholesterol 172 mg/dL. HDL cholesterol 68 mg/dL, etc.
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) = 20 U/L
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) = 21 U/L
Urea = 47 mg/dL
T4 = 1,05 ng/dL
TSH = 2,0700 µIU/mL

NOT OK:

25-Hydroxy Vitamin D = 26 ng/mL in August. After 3 months taking 7000 UI (2 pills, once a week), in November = 40,46 ng/mL (now normal levels. Will take one pill for 3 months to see how things will evolve from there)

Prolactin = 25 (in August and November). Normal for men = 2,60 - 13,10 ng/mL

Total testosterone = 3,09 ng/mL in August. 4,19 ng/mL in November (mostly because of the vitamin D)
Free testosterone = 6,15 before, now 6.91

I don't have any old test that shows my testosterone levels, yet I wonder if Accutane is responsible for this. I am not a candidate for TRT and will try to increase my test levels by visiting a nutritionist a month from now for him to prescribe the "ultimate" diet for me and will see if it's viable to get a personal trainer, to make sure what I do at the gym is appropriate and suited to increase my testosterone, just like a diet (and perhaps other supplements) would be.

This link seems to suggest 6 for normal testosterone levels:
https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/

And this one
https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/07/27/increase-testosterone-levels.aspx

Says "High-Intensity Exercise like Peak Fitness", "Strength Training", no stress and good sleep, among other things, are needed to increase testosterone.

Signs of low test are (besides low libido):

- Depressed mood
- Memory problems
- Impaired concentration

I don't see myself having these problems, besides not many disposition to do things at the gym. This is most likely fixed with a good diet and a few supplements such as Whey Protein.

Bottom line:

The problem with low libido is that it may very well be mostly psychological. I think that's the case and at the same time I am not 100% sure. 

These links suggest that Accutane is responsible:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Accutane/comments/6h0qzy/low_libido/

And thinking back I am almost sure it is. Either way I need to make all these changes to improve myself, even if my sex drive remains the same. We need to be concerned with results from blood tests that indicate high prolactin, low vitamin D and testosterone.

There are zillions of links out there explaining that a few things in our diet are lowering our testosterone.

For a while I was thinking the depression caused by Accutane was the only culprit for the low libido, but there's a lot more that can cause this and E.D.

My goal right now is to eliminate possible reasons for my situation and if all of them are discarded and Accutane remains I'll make sure that taking this drug can kill the libido regardless of how perfect our lifestyle/diet/blood test results, etc. can be.

Edited by Perene

Posted

ok...good luck.

Posted

Finished my 2 week 'detox' using allochol. started at 1 pill x3 a day, on day 7 it was 7 pilss x3 a day. and then back down to 1 x3 a day. Didnt produce a 'bile dump' as was intended, may try again in a few months.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Iamme. said:

Finished my 2 week 'detox' using allochol. started at 1 pill x3 a day, on day 7 it was 7 pilss x3 a day. and then back down to 1 x3 a day. Didnt produce a 'bile dump' as was intended, may try again in a few months.

How do we know when bile is dumping?

I’ve done liver detoxes but I just trust the process, couldn’t tell you if it’s the liver releasing crap or bile - how does one know??

Posted
24 minutes ago, TrueJustice said:

How do we know when bile is dumping?

I’ve done liver detoxes but I just trust the process, couldn’t tell you if it’s the liver releasing crap or bile - how does one know??

from what Ive read you normally puke up a bunch of acidic bile, much like the morning after drinking way too much, or it comes out the other end, much like eating too spicy a curry

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Perene said:

Hello all,
here's my story  (not only that, I'll raise some relevant points, too):

I am 33 as of 2017. I have never drank any alcohol or smoked anything in my life. Also never had any health problems besides a cold at best (no medication was used during the months I took Accutane in 2011). While doing the treatment I did the blood tests and visited doctors as required. Stayed at home most of this period, and since 2009 my diet and personal habits improved (before that I never really care about healthy foods). I believe I always had mild signs of this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

No need to tell most of time I spent at home prior to 2011 (since 2013 I returned to school and since 2015 I am going on a daily basis to a gym). I was planning on going to the latter for the first time around 2011. Scrapped that idea and only went months after the end of treatment, so I didn't exert myself. The only side effect I remember experiencing were dry lips.

At this point my libido was OK, despite my differences with women which were beginning to hint I was going to quit "FAP" and interest in them. However in 2012 I was all of sudden infatuated with a woman I saw at the gym and at the same time I had depression. There was a day when I even had an erection just by looking directly at her, it was embarassing and if my libido was 6, 7 in 2010-11, at this point I would say it was 10-11. So was my mood if higher numbers mean depression.

I won't go into many details and will sum things up: around 2011/12 my discomfort with society and women in general was higher than ever before (MGTOW and such) yet at the same time this woman at the gym I bumped months before was making me feel in a way I would never have behaved if I were my old self. I decided to drop the idea of approaching her after this erection in public (something that never happened with that intensity), and decided to leave that place (she went to my other one because I hinted where I was going there before leaving). At the time (2012-13) my depression made me feel so bad that I almost cried in public (at home I felt this way for days), and I never had a passionate interest in a woman BEFORE or felt bad like this. I have always been stoic, stable in my mood.

After a few years the depression was gone. So was the libido and interest in women, both of these things were decimated gradually. The irony is that while these things are pointed as ruining the life of people who took Accutane they were far from being a bad thing for me. Consider me someone that always wanted to be a celibate.

I moved to another gym (she, too) and for the first time since 1996 (when started) I stopped with the masturbation for months. Suffice to say Accutane caused depression and high libido, which dropped significantly up to 2017.

You remember I said it was 6, 7 around 2010-11 and 10 in 2012? Now it feels like 3. And 3 would be a man who only has curiosity about women, don't want to FAP or feel almost no pleasure in doing, and so on... 

My sexual desire vanished completely. 

I was able during the last years to spend more than a year without masturbation. This was a "record" that was never achieved in almost 2 decades.

And all the times I had sex since 2013 weren't enjoyable.

Another thing I noticed is that my penis is somehow more prone to become red and sore after a masturbation that rarely occurs, when BEFORE ACCUTANE I "fapped" 3, 4 times on a daily basis and wanted more. Now if I do this once a week it seems too much (was thinking this could be the soap used, and even if someone says I need to lubricate my penis, the truth is that it was never that sensible before), and of course the orgasm is light years from what once was.

I can't explain at length what has happened in my life and the way I think in this thread. 

This would take a loooooong time and it's not relevant for what I am about to say.

I believe in my case the loss of libido can't be determined if it's from the use of Accutane or psychological. I bet it's 60% in the mind and 40% from the rest.

My recent blood tests showed I have low testosterone. I did two in August and November.

ALL NORMAL:

Uric acid = 4,9 mg/dL.
Creatinine = 0,9 mg/dL
Glucose = 92 mg/dL
CBC/Hemogram = all results OK
Lipid Profile: all OK. Example: total cholesterol 172 mg/dL. HDL cholesterol 68 mg/dL, etc.
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) = 20 U/L
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) = 21 U/L
Urea = 47 mg/dL
T4 = 1,05 ng/dL
TSH = 2,0700 µIU/mL

NOT OK:

25-Hydroxy Vitamin D = 26 ng/mL in August. After 3 months taking 7000 UI (2 pills, once a week), in November = 40,46 ng/mL (now normal levels. Will take one pill for 3 months to see how things will evolve from there)

Prolactin = 25 (in August and November). Normal for men = 2,60 - 13,10 ng/mL

Total testosterone = 3,09 ng/mL in August. 4,19 ng/mL in November (mostly because of the vitamin D)
Free testosterone = 6,15 before, now 6.91

I don't have any old test that shows my testosterone levels, yet I wonder if Accutane is responsible for this. I am not a candidate for TRT and will try to increase my test levels by visiting a nutritionist a month from now for him to prescribe the "ultimate" diet for me and will see if it's viable to get a personal trainer, to make sure what I do at the gym is appropriate and suited to increase my testosterone, just like a diet (and perhaps other supplements) would be.

This link seems to suggest 6 for normal testosterone levels:
https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/

And this one
https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/07/27/increase-testosterone-levels.aspx

Says "High-Intensity Exercise like Peak Fitness", "Strength Training", no stress and good sleep, among other things, are needed to increase testosterone.

Signs of low test are (besides low libido):

- Depressed mood
- Memory problems
- Impaired concentration

I don't see myself having these problems, besides not many disposition to do things at the gym. This is most likely fixed with a good diet and a few supplements such as Whey Protein.

Bottom line:

The problem with low libido is that it may very well be mostly psychological. I think that's the case and at the same time I am not 100% sure. 

These links suggest that Accutane is responsible:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Accutane/comments/6h0qzy/low_libido/

And thinking back I am almost sure it is. Either way I need to make all these changes to improve myself, even if my sex drive remains the same. We need to be concerned with results from blood tests that indicate high prolactin, low vitamin D and testosterone.

There are zillions of links out there explaining that a few things in our diet are lowering our testosterone.

For a while I was thinking the depression caused by Accutane was the only culprit for the low libido, but there's a lot more that can cause this and E.D.

My goal right now is to eliminate possible reasons for my situation and if all of them are discarded and Accutane remains I'll make sure that taking this drug can kill the libido regardless of how perfect our lifestyle/diet/blood test results, etc. can be.

Accutane is 100% responsible. I'd check out some of the threads on this forum below which is primarily people suffering from PFS, PSSD, post-accutane, post saw palmetto etc (all pretty much lead to the same side effects, loss of libido, ED etc). There's a ton of information to read through, but definitely positive steps being made on there. 

https://hackstasis.com

Currently some PFS and PSSD people seeing good results from taking the amino acids l-histidine and l-cysteine. 
9 hours ago, guitarman01 said:
These are Epigenetic changes going in the right direction, on a genetic level.

New MenaQ7 Vitamin K2 Study Validates Inflammation Benefits

May 31, 2016
http://www.nattopharma.com/new-menaq7-vitamin-k2-study-validates-inflammation-benefits/

modulation of the immune and inflammatory biomarkers.
-significant because it confirms another mechanism by which vitamin K2 supports cardiovascular health by impact markers of inflammation.
Chronic inflammation is considered an underlying pathology of many diseases that remain poorly understood and treated,” the researchers wrote. “Cardiovascular disease (CVD), a leading cause of mortality in the world, is not only considered as a disorder of lipid accumulation, but also as a disease characterized by low-grade inflammation of the endothelial cells and an inappropriate healing response of the vascular lining.”

researchers evaluated high-purity natural vitamin K2 (98.4% menaquinone-7, MK-7, as MenaQ7) in vitro for its potential toinhibit gene expression and production of pro-inflammatory markers by human monocyte-derived macrophages (hMDMs) from two sources (hMDMs and THP-1).

The results showed that the MK-7 form of vitamin K2 is able to dose dependentlyinhibit TNF-a, IL-1a, and IL-1b gene expression and protein production by healthy hMDMs in vitro. According to the researchers, “In view of these encouraging findings on the anti-inflammatory properties of MK-7, we plan to test additional biomarkers of immune and inflammatory response in this form of vitamin K2 in vitro. This work may elucidate the anti-inflammatory mechanism of vitamin K2 and establish the potential biomarker targets in clinical testing of the role of MK-7 in the cardiovascular health as well as other chronic degenerative conditions.”

Actually interesting that one of the guys on HS who is I believe currently doing a degree in bio chemistry and clearly knows his stuff has mentioned vitamin K a number of times

Something I'll note. Spinach really helps. I've hypothesized that Vitamin K might be involved, but I don't really know where. I eat like 170g a day. That's like a whole bag. If I don't have the time to eat it all raw, I'll liquify it in a blender and drink it. Also I'll add in frozen blueberries and it actually tastes ok.

I'll keep reading up and let people know my thoughts on how this might convert over to PSSD.

https://hackstasis.com/threads/zinc-finger-theory-for-hairloss-and-pfs.289/page-16
  Edited by tanedout

Posted

He'll probably find it's the vitamin A in spinach, rather than the K that is helping. 

Posted (edited)

@tanedout what kind of blood tests most users are taking to diagnose this low libido problem years after Accutane? Besides the ones I posted, the MRI scan and ultrasonography requested by the endocrinologist didn't show anything wrong. I noticed a few of you mentioned LH, FSH, DHT, SHBG... the ones I did are insufficient or they are enough to diagnose this? I also looked into STDs (HIV, hepatitis, etc.) and don't have anything besides herpes (IgG positive, IgM negative) which was caught sometime in my life and never manifested (no symptoms, like 2/3 of the world you don't even know you have it).

One thing's for sure, we can't rely on any doctor to understand an treat this, 99.9...% are useless and will always tell it's psychological or some other thing must be wrong besides that old Accutane treatment affecting you... for life.

Contrary to others for me it's not a problem to get rid of sex, FAP or any involvement with women. I don't want any of this at this point.

I just want to make sure that all other low test problems don't affect me (low test is not just about libido), and TRT is not an option since it's for $$$$ life $$$$ and my testosterone is insufficient (should be 6 or more instead of 3-4), but not that low (to justify TRT).

That's why I'll look into anything that can increase testosterone naturally in the next months. After the vitamin D pills I noticed a slight improvement in my libido.

Edited by Perene

Posted
3 hours ago, Justdry said:

He'll probably find it's the vitamin A in spinach, rather than the K that is helping. 

Cod liver oil was probably experiment 157 for me years ago. I dont know how much your taking or the ratio to vitamin D, but if you were to isolate Vitamin A, take a larger dose you would probably eventually find it having a negative impact on the skin. I did. Skin hardening, thinning, dryness, dry hair.
The fact that cod liver oil could be considered a nutritional dose of these vitamins does not make it of much concern for what you are taking.
I don't believe Vitamin A on a nutritional level has a negative impact and is still necessary for good health.

Switching gears Looking at vitamin K's impact on the skin. Vitamin K proteins are found in the epidermis of the skin. They are vital for the production of collagen  in bone. The same could possibly be said for skin health. vitamin k could be vital for thick, plump skin. Vitamin D could play a role in this as well as it "Assists"

Speaking of where Vitamin K proteins are found, they are "EVERYWHERE" 
All major organs, the skin, the blood vessels, bone. 
Alterations in this could trigger anything from a autoimmune reaction, inflammation or weakness.
For example vitamin K proteins are found in the HEART.
I have a small sag in my heart.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Perene said:

@tanedout what kind of blood tests most users are taking to diagnose this low libido problem years after Accutane? Besides the ones I posted, the MRI scan and ultrasonography requested by the endocrinologist didn't show anything wrong. I noticed a few of you mentioned LH, FSH, DHT, SHBG... the ones I did are insufficient or they are enough to diagnose this? I also looked into STDs (HIV, hepatitis, etc.) and don't have anything besides herpes (IgG positive, IgM negative) which was caught sometime in my life and never manifested (no symptoms, like 2/3 of the world you don't even know you have it).

One thing's for sure, we can't rely on any doctor to understand an treat this, 99.9...% are useless and will always tell it's psychological or some other thing must be wrong besides that old Accutane treatment affecting you... for life.

Contrary to others for me it's not a problem to get rid of sex, FAP or any involvement with women. I don't want any of this at this point.

I just want to make sure that all other low test problems don't affect me (low test is not just about libido), and TRT is not an option since it's for $$$$ life $$$$ and my testosterone is insufficient (should be 6 or more instead of 3-4), but not that low (to justify TRT).

That's why I'll look into anything that can increase testosterone naturally in the next months. After the vitamin D pills I noticed a slight improvement in my libido.

IMO I'd forget about the low T, and definitely wouldn't go on TRT. The issues go far beyond just low T, otherwise people would've been curing themselves years ago, and many people have been stuck in this state for decades. 

I'd get a hormone panel done, including progesterone, DHT and estrogen and electrolytes panel, including phosphate and potassium. 

Think you may find you have high cortisol, high DHT, high progesterone, low e, low-ish phosphate and low potassium.  

I'm increasingly convinced the root cause of the issue is (as has been speculated for a long time by the far more organised PFS lot) is down regulated progesterone receptors. A smaller set of people potentially are left with up-regulated receptors. There are no tests for this unfortunately, and as you've already realised doctors are utterly unhelpful with this stuff. I absolutely do not mention accutane to the doctor now with regards to issues. It pretty much just guarantees getting fobbed off with regards to whatever issue I'm there for.  Edited by tanedout

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tanedout said:

I'm increasingly convinced the root cause of the issue is (as has been speculated for a long time by the far more organised PFS lot) is down regulated progesterone receptors. A smaller set of people potentially are left with up-regulated receptors.

Again where did this information or theory originate from? 
Is there any published possible evidence that could relate to or reinforce this idea?
Any scientific links to support this theory I would like to look at.
Thanks.
  Edited by guitarman01

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, guitarman01 said:
Again where did this information or theory originate from? 
Is there any published possible evidence that could relate to or reinforce this idea?
Any scientific links to support this theory I would like to look at.
Thanks.

It's essentially theoretical, I don't remember seeing any studies specifically, although there was a PFS foundation paper which did reference some studies - that must be from 2010 or something, but I don't have the link to hand.

Bottom line is, based on some of these theories quite a few people have actually made some good gains already from things like anti-progestins like RU486 and ella, some on a minerals protocol, and more recently taking specific amino acids based on the theory that the the protein structure known as the 'zinc finger' is out of sorts in response to the down regulated receptors. You should have a read through some of this stuff, it's much more in depth than discussions on here, but you seem to have a better understanding of biochemistry than most https://hackstasis.com/threads/zinc-finger-theory-for-hairloss-and-pfs.289/

@mariovitali you should check this out too, your knowhow with statistical analysis software could be a real benefit here Edited by tanedout

Posted
2 hours ago, tanedout said:

IMO I'd forget about the low T, and definitely wouldn't go on TRT. The issues go far beyond just low T, otherwise people would've been curing themselves years ago, and many people have been stuck in this state for decades. 

I'd get a hormone panel done, including progesterone, DHT and estrogen and electrolytes panel, including phosphate and potassium. 

Think you may find you have high cortisol, high DHT, high progesterone, low e, low-ish phosphate and low potassium.  

I'm increasingly convinced the root cause of the issue is (as has been speculated for a long time by the far more organised PFS lot) is down regulated progesterone receptors. A smaller set of people potentially are left with up-regulated receptors. There are no tests for this unfortunately, and as you've already realised doctors are utterly unhelpful with this stuff. I absolutely do not mention accutane to the doctor now with regards to issues. It pretty much just guarantees getting fobbed off with regards to whatever issue I'm there for. 
People have recovered from several different methods including TRT.. 

stop telling people to forget about certain things when it could be their personal key. We’re all different, otherwise all the recoveries wouldn’t be so all over the board...