Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted
11 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

My biggest issue is the chronic fatigue and brain fog so is fin that good for me? Prob not I would say.

What are the latest ideas around chronic fatigue? I don’t know, supplements will give some relief but clearly aren’t going to give anyone a clear recovery.

micro dose psilocybe cubensis

Posted

English is not my first language and i don't speak english very well, hope you understand me.

Are there any experiences about vaccination for post accutane sufferers. I took Accutane 11 years ago, for about 3 years my symptoms improve slowly (30% recovered). My doctor said that i need important vaccines, but i'm worried about that. Does vaccines aggravate the damage from accutane?

Posted
1 hour ago, sirhc30 said:

English is not my first language and i don't speak english very well, hope you understand me.

Are there any experiences about vaccination for post accutane sufferers. I took Accutane 11 years ago, for about 3 years my symptoms improve slowly (30% recovered). My doctor said that i need important vaccines, but i'm worried about that. Does vaccines aggravate the damage from accutane?

Watch the documentary VAXXED and go to whale.to for vaccine information.

The first step to Accutane recovery is accepting that you have been poisoned and damaged.

Posted
3 hours ago, sirhc30 said:

umm, what? vaccines as an adult? are you traveling to another country?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, macleod said:

umm, what? vaccines as an adult? are you traveling to another country?

I had my last vaccines at birth and didn't have vaccines anymore. Especially Hep B scares me, but the vaccine scares me too......i'm not sure, if i should get the vaccines.

My symptoms from accutane (and recovery rate): almost every day inflammation on the left eye (90-95%), IDS (80%), dry eyes (70%), dry skin (50%), Depression (40%), anxiety (40%),  visual snow (40%), muscle pain (0%), fatigue (0%). I didn't do anything special (pills, diet ....) to recover. The improvements started about 8 years after accutane.

Muscle pain and fatique are significantly better when I'm sleeping well and on days i feel strong mentally. These symptoms have always fluctuated very much. Edited by sirhc30

Posted (edited)
On 12/17/2017 at 10:01 AM, tanedout said:

homocysteine not elevated? Histidine and cysteine also normal?
homocysteine is a stand alone test. Ive had this tested numerous times. Its always been in range. You can check page 12 of my posts if you want to see the full test results for the amino acid panel that was sent to mayo.
On 12/18/2017 at 2:37 PM, draci said:

Whats the rationale for taking finasteride to resensitize the receptors and not Isotretinoin?

In my opinion there is no rational for either. Especially if the source of this information or similar to it originated in a forum. If so you need to look at long term credibility. 
On 12/17/2017 at 11:11 AM, Colinboko said:

I read low testosterone and even other hormones can cause circulation problems! When I do yoga and I have to put my feet up in the air, they lose blood flow so quickly and start throbbing I have to bring them back down

I've noticed my feet/legs falling asleep more easily than I think they should. Whether they are elevated on the couch or same sitting position for a long period of time. Edited by guitarman01

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Colinboko said:

Too many people on here thinking we’re all identical. Been saying that forever now

Just because you keep saying this doesn't necessarily mean its true. Who do you keep referring to in people thinking we are all identical?
There could very well be a "Macro" cause that affects individuals differently. 
Obviously we have Accutane in common, but it's obvious we have some other things in common   
even before we took Accutane, thats why we were more affected.
You have to keep in mind the people that continue to frequent this forum are the worst of the worst that was affected.
It would be nice to know why. Edited by guitarman01

Posted

Latest blood tests:

hormones within range including Estrogen. Last test 6 weeks ago said thyroid all ok, I think I’m done testing this area, even if there is something wrong it can’t be found....

What is of concern is still high cholesterol, going to have to continue cleaning up diet and more exercise - I’ll do that over medication 

Also of concern this time round was platelet levels 130 ( range 150 - 450 )

I cant remember if it was this forum or another where a Doctor thought Accutane made us susceptible to a Virus??
Its possible given how much it wreaks havoc on gut and liver, but what virus??

I asked my Dr what she advises for people who have a virus- basically ride it out she says, good advice I guess for the average person, I mean at least she’s not prescribing medication unnecessarily but what are we to do? 

Take a course of antibiotics......treating what I don’t know.

ps - I too get pins & needles in legs very easily.....blood flow issue right!!?

Posted
1 hour ago, TrueJustice said:

Latest blood tests:

hormones within range including Estrogen. Last test 6 weeks ago said thyroid all ok, I think I’m done testing this area, even if there is something wrong it can’t be found....

What is of concern is still high cholesterol, going to have to continue cleaning up diet and more exercise - I’ll do that over medication 

I cant remember if it was this forum or another where a Doctor thought Accutane made us susceptible to a Virus??
Its possible given how much it wreaks havoc on gut and liver, but what virus??

I asked my Dr what she advises for people who have a virus- basically ride it out she says, good advice I guess for the average person, I mean at least she’s not prescribing medication unnecessarily but what are we to do? 

Take a course of antibiotics......treating what I don’t know.

ps - I too get pins & needles in legs very easily.....blood flow issue right!!?

You’re also in your 40’s

You have to keep that in mind man. 

You said there were no issues with weight gain when your side effects first started right?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Colinboko said:
You’re also in your 40’s

You have to keep that in mind man. 

You said there were no issues with weight gain when your side effects first started right?

In this instance age has nothing to do with platelets being below range.

In doing a google search, platelets can be affected by bone marrow and in looking at bone marrow aside from seeing that iron and zinc levels are important I also saw that ones Vit A levels are very important along with collagen - all these things contribute to healthy red blood cell formation apparently- I simply don’t know enough. The reason I mentioned a virus in previous post was cause that’s what the Dr said - a virus can effect platelet levels.

Regardless of blood results, who thinks they might have a collagen issue post tane??

Thin hair, thin skin, popping joints and stiff joints, eye floaters etc - collagen formation is either poor or non existent. Edited by TrueJustice

Posted
49 minutes ago, TrueJustice said:

In doing a google search, platelets can be affected by bone marrow and in looking at bone marrow aside from seeing that iron and zinc levels are important I also saw that ones Vit A levels are very important along with collagen - all these things contribute to healthy red blood cell formation apparently- I simply don’t know enough. The reason I mentioned a virus in previous post was cause that’s what the Dr said - a virus can effect platelet levels.

Regardless of blood results, who thinks they might have a collagen issue post tane??

Thin hair, thin skin, popping joints and stiff joints, eye floaters etc - collagen formation is either poor or non existent.
Sorry! Wasn’t in regards to the platelets. Your pins and needles haha 

Posted
1 hour ago, TrueJustice said:

Thin hair, thin skin, popping joints and stiff joints, eye floaters etc - collagen formation is either poor or non existent.

I should add, on report it says “Red Blood Cell Morphology” But no major abnormalities.

Im no expert but I’m going to say Vit K supplementing is the cause here, I recently started dosing every day and might have been overdoing it....

I should have discussed this with Dr but only occurred to me once I came home and searched blood platelet lvls.

Note: Careful guys & girls with self diagnosing and supplementing - if I’m correct about the Vit K I’ll just stop using it, replace Vit K with something as powerful as say Finasteride and you could be in a world of trouble....lesson learnt.

ps I did a follow up blood test today so will get results in a few days.

Posted
9 hours ago, Gladiatoro said:
Watch the documentary VAXXED and go to whale.to for vaccine information.

The first step to Accutane recovery is accepting that you have been poisoned and damaged.

This is everything you need to know  about whale.to https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whale.to

Posted

@guitarman01

Well spotted on the test of Total Bile Acids, Thanks

Posted
6 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

I would agree with the lack of collagen. 

My skin doesn't heal properly, and is dry as a bone 7 years post accutane. 

I've actually started to take cod liver oil for the vitamin A for the past 4 weeks and i am sure i'm seeing a slow improvement. I'd spent 7 years avoiding vitamin A so believe i'm probably deficient and really don't think i need to avoid it anymore. I've not noticed any negative affects what so ever, only positive. I am a hell of a lot hornier than before i started taking it too, however, take that with a pinch of salt and i never had any ED problems or anything. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Justdry said:

I would agree with the lack of collagen. 

My skin doesn't heal properly, and is dry as a bone 7 years post accutane. 

I've actually started to take cod liver oil for the vitamin A for the past 4 weeks and i am sure i'm seeing a slow improvement. I'd spent 7 years avoiding vitamin A so believe i'm probably deficient and really don't think i need to avoid it anymore. I've not noticed any negative affects what so ever, only positive. I am a hell of a lot hornier than before i started taking it too, however, take that with a pinch of salt and i never had any ED problems or anything. 

Interesting - would you say, that you see an improvement with skin dryness? skin getting more oily again?

Edited by Roland1968

Posted
7 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Yes I would agree with your assumption. I have the same symptoms. 

Posted (edited)

Taking something and ingesting it into your body for a longer period of time has been proven to cause damage to the organism. 
Your health issues definitely might be caused by the Accutane if your immunity is already fragile. But the damage to your body or skin can be because of improper skin care. 
You have to pay attention to maintaining proper care and moisturize your skin and body.  I find recipes for different face masks and ways to keep my skin smooth and strong. It's because after using Accutane my skin became very dry and sensitive, so I had to do something.

Edited by Jazzguy
removed website link

Posted

Retinoic acid = decreased Transketolase (thiamine deficiency)

Accutane inhibits hippocampal neurogenesis by using up the NADPH reducing cofactor... Thiamine

NADPH needed as a CYP26A cofactor for retinoic acid detoxification.

NADPH (B1) and FAD (B2) cofactors should be promoted.

Proteomic approach reveals novel targets for retinoic acid-mediated therapy of thyroid carcinoma.

Our previous studies demonstrated that retinoic acid (RA)-induced reduction of both, the key glycolytic enzyme ENO1 and proliferation-promoting c-Myc, resulted in decreased vitality and invasiveness of the follicular thyroid carcinoma cell lines FTC-133 and FTC-238. By employing two-dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry, we identified proteins affected by RA treatment. In addition to previously reported decrease in ENO1 expression, we found that RA led to significantly reduced levels of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), pyruvate kinase isoenzymes M1/M2 (PKM1/M2), peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase A (PPIA), transketolase (TKT), annexin A2 (ANXA2), glutathione S-transferase P (GSTP1) and peroxiredoxin 2 (PRDX2) as compared to untreated control.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20538039

Decreased transketolase activity contributes to impaired hippocampal neurogenesis induced by thiamine deficiency.

Thiamine deficiency (TD) impairs hippocampal neurogenesis. However, the mechanisms involved are not identified. In this work, TD mouse model was generated using a thiamine-depleted diet at two time points, TD9 and TD14 for 9 and 14 days of TD respectively. The activities of pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), alpha-ketoglutamate dehydrogenase (KGDH), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), and transketolase (TK), as well as on the contents of NADP(+) and NADPH were determined in whole mouse brain, isolated cortex, and hippocampus of TD mice model. The effects of TK silencing on the growth and migratory ability of cultured hippocampal progenitor cells (HPC), as well as on neuritogenesis of hippocampal neurons were explored. The results showed that TD specifically reduced TK activity in both cortex and hippocampus, without significantly affecting the activities of PDH, KGDH, and G6PD in TD9 and TD14 groups. The level of whole brain and hippocampal NADPH in TD14 group were significantly lower than that of control group. TK silencing significantly inhibited the proliferation, growth, and migratory abilities of cultured HPC, without affecting neuritogenesis of cultured hippocampal neurons.Taken together, these results demonstrate that decreased TK activity leads to pentose-phosphate pathway dysfunction and contributes to impaired hippocampal neurogenesis induced by TD. TK and pentose-phosphate pathway may be considered new targets to investigate hippocampal neurogenesis.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19686241

13-cis Retinoic acid (accutane) suppresses hippocampal cell survival in mice.

Abstract

Use of the acne drug Accutane (13-cis retinoic acid, [13-cis RA]) has been associated with severe depression. This association has been considered controversial because no causative link has been found between 13-cis RA and this disorder. A recent hypothesis has suggested that atrophy of the hippocampus can result in depression. We now show, in a mouse model, that endogenous RA generated by synthetic enzymes in the meninges acts on hippocampal granule neurons, and chronic (3-week) exposure to a clinical dose of 13-cis RA may result in hippocampal cell loss. In humans this may be conjectured to be the mechanism by which Accutane contributes to depression.

also..
http://www.accutaneaction.com/Studies/2004_Sakai.pdf

Posted

Good info in that report.

In a nutshell ask your Dr - “How do I fix atrophy of the Hippocampus?”

Don’t want a thyroid test, don’t want a hormone test, just want to know how to fix Hippocampus!!

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

18 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Im no expert but I’m going to say Vit K supplementing is the cause here, I recently started dosing every day and might have been overdoing it....

This doesn't quite make sense to me. When's the last time you had this test?
This is a low platelets count. This sounds vitamin k antagonistic. For example warfarin (a vitamin k antagonist) would make this worse by thinning the blood and increasing risk of bleeding. Same with aspirin. 
Vitamin K's most known basic function is to clot blood to prevent bleeding.
When you don't have enough platelets in your blood, your body cannot form clots. A low platelet count may also be called thrombocytopenia. This condition can range from mild to severe, depending on its underlying cause. For some, the symptoms can include severe bleeding and are possibly fatal if they're not treated.Feb 8, 2016

They are looking at vitamin k2 and vitamin D to actually raise platelets in those that could be considered preleukemia.
^Speaking of this i've noticed numerous mentioned synergies between vitamin D and k2. Vitamin D stimulates, while vitamin k regulates many functions. This would make sense when you consider how innate these processes are.

Vitamin K2 And Vitamin D3 Combination Therapy May Increase Red Blood Cell and Platelet Counts In Low-Risk MDS Patients

http://www.mdsbeacon.com/news/2010/07/19/vitamin-k2-and-vitamin-d3-combination-therapy-may-increase-red-blood-cell-and-platelet-counts-in-low-risk-mds-patients/

If your concerned, which that test result is something to be concerned about in general, I would stop supplementing vitamin k2. I would also like to know about any follow up test regarding this and what your doctor thinks. Edited by guitarman01

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, guitarman01 said:
This doesn't quite make sense to me. When's the last time you had this test?
This is a low platelets count. This sounds vitamin k antagonistic. For example warfarin (a vitamin k antagonist) would make this worse by thinning the blood and increasing risk of bleeding. Same with aspirin. 
Vitamin K's most known basic function is to clot blood to prevent bleeding.
When you don't have enough platelets in your blood, your body cannot form clots. A low platelet count may also be called thrombocytopenia. This condition can range from mild to severe, depending on its underlying cause. For some, the symptoms can include severe bleeding and are possibly fatal if they're not treated.Feb 8, 2016

They are looking at vitamin k2 and vitamin D to actually raise platelets in those that could be considered preleukemia.
^Speaking of this i've noticed numerous mentioned synergies between vitamin D and k2. Vitamin D stimulates, while vitamin k regulates many functions. This would make sense when you consider how innate these processes are.

Vitamin K2 And Vitamin D3 Combination Therapy May Increase Red Blood Cell and Platelet Counts In Low-Risk MDS Patients

http://www.mdsbeacon.com/news/2010/07/19/vitamin-k2-and-vitamin-d3-combination-therapy-may-increase-red-blood-cell-and-platelet-counts-in-low-risk-mds-patients/

If your concerned, which that test result is something to be concerned about in general, I would stop supplementing vitamin k2. I would also like to know about any follow up test regarding this and what your doctor thinks.

Yes, my understanding is Vit K helps with clotting the blood, makes sense that someone who bleeds a lot would benefit from taking it.

My thought yesterday when thinking about this  “red cell morphology” was that it’s just clumping of the blood....we’ll see with follow up test. It also says “platelets clumped” on report, again my initial thought was too much Vit K causing a thickening of the blood....

I also have to point out I don’t really know what the hell I’m talking about medically speaking so it could be totally unrelated- could very well be virus related as suggested by Dr.

I’ll keep you all posted. Edited by TrueJustice

Posted
On 11/25/2017 at 2:52 AM, Iamme. said:

start by reading through this thread

I have been. I still can't find anything.

If I could just get the eye redness to go away I'd be happy. Took this drug 10 years ago. Anyone have any suggestions? :/

Posted
On 2017-12-19 at 10:03 PM, ailaeshiz said:
This is everything you need to know  about whale.to https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whale.to
Wiki is a paid for web site in fact paid and bought by pharmaceutical companies , never trust wiki.

Whale.to has some of the best information availability anywhere FACT.