Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, macleod said:

Is this good for receptors or just a maintenance product as we wait to see where to go next with receptors?

Also what does this product do that hemp oil doesn’t?
5 minutes ago, ailaeshiz said:
18 minutes ago, guitarman01 said:
You could take this a step further and include all steroid receptors. This includes estrogen, corticosteroids and progestogens. Maybe their metabolism as well.
Which of course raises another question: why the hell can't our receptors remember how to function properly?

If you’re like me and have “chronic cellular dehydration”, that applies to receptors too yeah?

Could that be why our receptors don’t function correctly? They’re severely dried out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
@TrueJustice sure, but then why are they dried out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ailaeshiz said:
@TrueJustice sure, but then why are they dried out?

Not exactly sure other than to say Accutane works to clean up acne by drying out the sebaceous  glands ( how I don't know ) dries out everything basically, obviously that might include things you don’t want dried out like your brain for example and hypothalamus etc.

We now know that's the wrong approach, I should've fixed up diet, reduce sugar and diary etc before even thinking about Accutane, you'd think this would be offered by a dermatologist who knows their stuff yeah..... unfortunately not.

I had mildish acne from say 15 to 22, you just don't want it anymore obviously but even at 22 you don't have all the available knowledge and you just trust your doctor and the process, here I am at 42 still dealing with the decisions I've made around acne......it's fucking pathetic to be honest.

Anyway I digress..... I'd take the oily version of myself back any day of the week that's for sure. Edited by TrueJustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Some days I think I don’t need anymore tests, I just have “chronic cellular dehydration” end of story.

If I’m being honest, nothing in the last 20 years has given me back the hydration I once had, not one supplement, no diet, no amount of water...nothing.

Ive argued this with my kinesiologist who is a very smart guy, he says the cells replace every 7-8 years.....
For me, all I know is how I feel, the dryness I constantly experience etc.

Sure we can look into the repercussions of this cellular dehydration but will we ever get to fix this problem??

jesus christ youre 42!? wtf was ur dose and how long were u on??

have you tried increasing sodium and carb intake ?

im talking in the range of 30+ grams of salt a day Edited by pimple pimp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Really green stool anyone else? 

Its not diarrhea... if anything I’m constipated. Some parts of the stool sometimes darken to brown.. it’s weird 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, pimple pimp said:
jesus christ youre 42!? wtf was ur dose and how long were u on??

have you tried increasing sodium and carb intake ?

im talking in the range of 30+ grams of salt a day

Correct 42, I was all taned out while many of you were probably still in dippers.

There are people older than me who are taned out too, remember it’s been on the market since 1982.
One of the old forums from 12 years ago had a 65 year old victim.

The body just doesn’t hold moisture properly after tane, I sweat like nobody’s business, as if my skin is super thin - it probably is along with the thin hair etc, collagen is all fucked up I think.

I can live with this though, the chemo brain and the fatigue are the things I’d like to overcome, if I can get those receptors working again I’m hoping that’s the key!! Edited by TrueJustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry, I'm Brazilian and I depend on a translator to talk to you correctly.
I do not know why this text format problem is occurring, I type what I want to talk about and I copy and paste it in the forum and I can not hit the lines, but it seems that now it has knocked out kkkk, I believe it is some problem here of my computer service,I'm coming on vacation from my service tomorrow, I'll stay for 1 month, I'll have more time to talk and be calmer with the use of finasteride

on the talk of progestin and progesterone, vitamin A is what makes progesterone through zinc and several other minerals
accutane is large amount of vitamin A in its final form which is retinoic acid, it ignores all the metabolic processes of your body and simply already goes to the final route, thus making progesterone, either an example I will give you:
A large majority while using accutane felt extremely well because the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin increased greatly as they are partly dependent on progesterone and the moment you have plenty of vitamin a every day to the extreme around 40 to 80 mg of accutane per several months.
while I was taking accutane I remember, I felt very good, very much, an amazing well-being, self esteem, etc. until I got the libido problems and when I stopped taking all other problems start ...
then probably we who take accutane (vitamin A high dose) have insensitive progesterone receptors as we greatly increase it for a while depending on vitamin A, and now your body does not have too much vitamin A through accutane and is locked with insensitive receptors and you is with all progesterone-dependent hormonal deregulation affecting the functions of various minerals and hormones in the body and it directly affects DHT
 

Finasteride acts by inhibiting the enzyme 5 alpha reductase and it seems that it can also act as a progestin, through potassium in its cell, its progesterone rises or falls based on potassium also, there are several ways to affect several hormones, which may be why Finasteride has cured some guys because it can make you sensitive to progesterone / DHT

Let's pray that it works for me and for those who use it

Edited by namelk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

I believe that if we had reduced the dosage of accutane about 10 mg every month by time we would not have caught up with this syndrome and those problems, which may have fucked us up is stopped at once only taking high dosage
 

my brother took accutane for 10 months, 20 mg and then reduced to 10 and he has no problem more than 5 years later, I also took it because of him, however my doctor prescribed me twice the dose, I had lots of acne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
38 minutes ago, namelk said:

I believe that if we had reduced the dosage of accutane about 10 mg every month by time we would not have caught up with this syndrome and those problems, which may have fucked us up is stopped at once only taking high dosage
 

my brother took accutane for 10 months, 20 mg and then reduced to 10 and he has no problem more than 5 years later, I also took it because of him, however my doctor prescribed me twice the dose, I had lots of acne


So you think that people may have been able to avoid getting stuck with side effects if they tapered the dosage when stopping, to let the receptors re-adjust? Like going from 20mg, then 10mg then 5mg etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Well if y’all wanna trial Finasteride by all means go for it! The only way I’d get near it is if it truly works for everyone who has tried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tanedout said:

So you think that people may have been able to avoid getting stuck with side effects if they tapered the dosage when stopping, to let the receptors re-adjust? Like going from 20mg, then 10mg then 5mg etc?

I believe so.
it is easier for the body to adjust the receptors with less 10 to 5 mg at a time than to stop taking 80 or 40 mg of accutane from scratch, the receptors lose sensitivity to something with high dose much faster than that when you take little to increase, especially if it is something that your body did not depend on before

A simple example is caffeine, in 5 to 7 days your receptors are already weak, but to regain sensitivity you need practically double or triple the time without taking caffeine, as it is something that your body did not need before and you just started to ingest

But I may be wrong if this would work with accutane, it's just a way I thought
35 minutes ago, Colinboko said:

Well if y’all wanna trial Finasteride by all means go for it! The only way I’d get near it is if it truly works for everyone who has tried. 


Yes, I was very scared to start this, but I decided to try after seeing some recoveries
it is complicated to use something that causes practically the same effects that accutane caused to me with several cases scattered around the world Edited by namelk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
1 hour ago, namelk said:

I believe so.
it is easier for the body to adjust the receptors with less 10 to 5 mg at a time than to stop taking 80 or 40 mg of accutane from scratch, the receptors lose sensitivity to something with high dose much faster than that when you take little to increase, especially if it is something that your body did not depend on before

A simple example is caffeine, in 5 to 7 days your receptors are already weak, but to regain sensitivity you need practically double or triple the time without taking caffeine, as it is something that your body did not need before and you just started to ingest

But I may be wrong if this would work with accutane, it's just a way I thought
Yes, I was very scared to start this, but I decided to try after seeing some recoveries
it is complicated to use something that causes practically the same effects that accutane caused to me with several cases scattered around the world
Well keep us updated on how it goes!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Had a CRP test and neoplastic-somethin done on Thursday! 

Will keep y’all updated. 

Hoping I have some low grade inflammation going on. Would make a lot of sense for me. Hence never getting sick 

Low t > more estrogen > more inflammation 

Also have you guys seen the page of the guy who had gyno from Accutane amongst other symptoms (depression, fatigue, aching muscles) ? He repaired his sex hormones with estrogen blockers I believe. Just curious if anyone had seen it. Here’s the link 

https://www.heart-health-guide.com/causes-of-hormonal-imbalance.html

Edited by Colinboko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Colinboko said:

Had a CRP test and neoplastic-somethin done on Thursday! 

Will keep y’all updated. 

Hoping I have some low grade inflammation going on. Would make a lot of sense for me. Hence never getting sick 

Low t > more estrogen > more inflammation 

Also have you guys seen the page of the guy who had gyno from Accutane amongst other symptoms (depression, fatigue, aching muscles) ? He repaired his sex hormones with estrogen blockers I believe. Just curious if anyone had seen it. Here’s the link 

https://www.heart-health-guide.com/causes-of-hormonal-imbalance.html


Good find - I think I’d entertain the idea of going on an Estrogen Blocker over say Finasteride.

What  I would ask though, how do you get a prescription from a doctor when your blood levels are within range?? ( I think most of us are always within range albeit sometimes low but not necessarily out of range )

This guy got lucky in a sense, his blood work actually showed something which he was able to leverage!!! Edited by TrueJustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Edit 

Edited by TrueJustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
3 hours ago, Colinboko said:

Had a CRP test and neoplastic-somethin done on Thursday! 

"neoplastic" what kind of test was this? Thats not a good word. what ever happened with that other test result and then finding protein in your urine? was it a high number? Did they just chalk this up to dehydration? If you havent, id sign up to look at all your test results online. Sometimes they leave out information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here’s something odd. I’ve made notes over the past few months of having a pressure behind my left eye. Over the last few weeks this pressure has shifted to behind my right eye. Today it isn’t as bad as it has been over the last week.

however, last night I was laying in bed, I realised my right eye is very noticeably lesser performing as my left eye is in low light conditions. The room was significantly darker if I held my left eye closed. How bizarre. Wtf is this. How did this pressure that has shifted places cause limited vision? 

Side note: I am a week through my allochol 2 week detox attempting a ‘bile dump’. Nothing drastic to report as of yet. I don’t believe there is a correlation between the allochol and the pressure I am experiencing.

Edited by Iamme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
3 hours ago, guitarman01 said:
6 hours ago, Colinboko said:

Had a CRP test and neoplastic-somethin done on Thursday! 

"neoplastic" what kind of test was this? Thats not a good word. what ever happened with that other test result and then finding protein in your urine? was it a high number? Did they just chalk this up to dehydration? If you havent, id sign up to look at all your test results online. Sometimes they leave out information.
I believe the neoplasm one was when they found an abnormal protein on my electrophoresis and wanted to test for myeloma. I didn’t have a ridiculously high amount of protein in my urine but because I did have some they wanted to test my CRP levels and see if it could be inflammation related. And when I went to get my CRP checked the nurse told me I had another request that my doc wanted which was the neoplasm one. So to be honest, not really sure..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
On 15.12.2017 at 3:44 AM, pimple pimp said:
jesus christ youre 42!? wtf was ur dose and how long were u on??

have you tried increasing sodium and carb intake ?

im talking in the range of 30+ grams of salt a day

I am 49 :smileys_n_people_23:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
1 hour ago, Roland1968 said:

I am 49 :smileys_n_people_23:
 

What year were you poisoned??

Of course there were computers around when I took in late 90’s but I didn’t have one, stuff like the Internet was in its infancy......regardless you trust that doctors know what they’re doing right!!

They’ve got our best interests at heart, they’d never harm us.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
5 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

What year were you poisoned??

Of course there were computers around when I took in late 90’s but I didn’t have one, stuff like the Internet was in its infancy......regardless you trust that doctors know what they’re doing right!!

They’ve got our best interests at heart, they’d never harm us.....
 

It was in 2001. There was actually a forum, where accutane was discussed. Unfortunately reviews were mostly positive. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Iamme. said:

Here’s something odd. I’ve made notes over the past few months of having a pressure behind my left eye. Over the last few weeks this pressure has shifted to behind my right eye. Today it isn’t as bad as it has been over the last week.

however, last night I was laying in bed, I realised my right eye is very noticeably lesser performing as my left eye is in low light conditions. The room was significantly darker if I held my left eye closed. How bizarre. Wtf is this. How did this pressure that has shifted places cause limited vision? 

I posted something a while back that could be related to this. Tiny muscle like tissues behind the eye that expand and contract and regulate blood flow and hence oxygen. If there is a some muscle weakness here, maybe it stays in a contracted state and this is where you feel a little bit of pressure.
 

Contractile proteins in pericytes at the blood-brain and blood-retinal barriers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11577244
There are tissues that have muscle like property that are capable of contracting that can regulate the tiniest of blood flow.

Evidence from a variety of sources suggests thatpericyteshave contractile properties and may therefore function in the regulation of capillary blood flow.
results add support for a contractile role in pericytes of the CNS microvasculature, similar to that of vascular smooth muscle cells.

Looking at if this applies to the brain. Which could include Vascular constriction, reduced cerebral blood flow.
One of the tests to look into this if anyone ever gets to that point.

arterial spin labeling MRI
http://fmri.research.umich.edu/research/main_topics/asl.php

Now looking what I have been looking at,

 

Vitamin K - Page 195 - Google Books Result

2008 - ‎Science
Recently, an important function of Gas6 has been described in relation to the differentiation of pericytes.Vascular pericytes undergo osteogenic differentiation in vivo which may be implicated in diseases involving ectopic calcification and osteogenesis, a process that was inhibited by Gas6/Axl signaling 


Gas6 and protein S. Vitamin K-dependent ligands for the Axl receptor ...


 Gas6-Axl system to regulate cell survival, proliferation, migration, adhesion and phagocytosis. Consequently, altered activity/expression of its components has been detected in a variety of pathologies such as cancer and vascular, autoimmune and kidney disorders

 


  Edited by guitarman01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
4 hours ago, Roland1968 said:
 

It was in 2001. There was actually a forum, where accutane was discussed. Unfortunately reviews were mostly positive. 

 

The problem is naturally people will look for the positives, and try and avoid the negatives. I remember looking at side effects (2010) and essentially coming to the conclusion that the main issue was it potentially causing depression, but only in those who were prone to it. 

What's crazy though is propecia has pretty much all the sides on the packet, including ED etc but people still take it. There are guys on propeciahelp who've been on that forum, reading all the stories, then risking it anyway - and then getting hit with the sides. 

I also read something recently with SSRI's, and it reckoned as many as 10% of users get stuck with sides (PSSD), but with these often being sexual sides these go under-reported due to the stigma. Think how many people go on SSRI's - hugely more than on accutane. There's also a whole host of other drugs causing the same sides as we get from accutane/propecia/ssri's too.

And that's before you even get started on opioids - tens of thousands of deaths per year, yet they're still being prescribed all the time?? Many people don't even know they've been given opioids, then end up addicted and ultimately end up dead. 

WTF is going on?!

Big pharmaceutical companies have absolutely got the global healthcare industry by the balls, and it's all about profits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Anyone had an amino acid panel done??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
@tanedout what's an Amino acid panel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×