Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brokenwinggs74

PLEASE HELP

I'm 17 yr old and just got a TCA peel yesterday. They said it would only look like a sunburn and light flaking...BUT it looks like they are scabbing and are discolored. what is goin on?

Did this woman tell you what percentage you had? Did she do two layers of the peel? Maybe if you could go into detail on any products you've been using on your face recently, that could help, too.

Just try to calm down, though. Getting yourself upset won't help. I know you're freaking, but it's possible you just got a higher concentration/percentage or your skin is sensitive and is reacting to a lower % peel as if it were a higher % peel.

~Kat

Tracy76567: yes my face does look like that.. and in some part it looks like it didnt help my scarring, that it made it deeper and worse...im scared that my face is gonna end up scarring more...

Kat: she used a 30% TCA on me. I cant remember how many she did, bb_eusa_think.gif all i know was she kept it on for 3-4 mins then washed it off with water. Recently i have used, differin(acne control) and a few facial mask but, that about it. i honestly cant stand it, and i know that working myself up with make me worse. It just stresses me out bc im emberessed.. i still have to continue to go to school and do my normal everyday things. I just pray that i can get through this and remain sane... bb_eusa_pray.gif

~roxy

sorry Tracy i didnt tell you what im putting on... she gave me a "Healing Serum" - all of the products she gave me are from www.vsskin.com ...

also do any of you know bb_question.gif why im so worried about my face is bc i scar REALLY easy, and i like i said before.. it looks like it made my scars deeper and even more red...

Guest Tracy

Is this the product she gave you?

http://www.vsskin.com/products.html#gold

If so, mix it with vaseline and apply a nice thin layer on your face. And DON'T pick or peel the skin.

Wash twice a day, morning and night, GENTLY with a gentle cleanser. Pat dry. Immediately apply the vaseline mixture to your face.

Keep it moist AT ALL TIMES. Do not apply makeup over it. If you keep it very moist it will peel within a week. I went out with the peel on my face. People just thought I got burned. I even went to work. Don't trip and it'll all be over soon.

If you don't pick the peeling skin (let it fall off on its own-IT WILL) the worse that can happen is you get some hyperpigmentation. (darker skin areas) You can treat that later with hydroquinnone.

Let me know if you have any other questions. And keep me posted on your progress. I'll keep checking the thread.

Remember: Don't pick!

aww, youve made me feel alot better. I totally want to thank you! so um.. THANK YOU...right now my spots are a brownish color, and im trying to stay out of the mirror...I seem to look in it every 5 mins.. then i get more depressed.. right now im goin on 30 mins without looking...yay me. you'll prob. get sick of me askin all these questions but she told me not to wash my face for the first 2-3 day and i feel that under my patched there are zits forming..whats up with that? AND biggrin.gif how long did it take you to heal(the brown crust to go away) and heal completly?

again i want to thank you

ps. no thats not the one she gave me... its in a bottle thats 1 1/2 inches tall (no joke) well i got back to her tomorrow so she can tell me how im doin.. and il post again then...and i wont pick...

~roxy

I'm doing a light TCA peel now, and the peeling skin is driving me crazy!! It does look terrible..I knew it would, and thought I could deal with it, but its insane!

Roxy, zits form under the crusty skin because your pores are blocked by the dying skin tissue. These won't be able to go away until that area starts to peel so the oils can escape. At least, they don't clear for me until the skin peels. Luckily, they don't scar.

Good luck with it because it does sound like you got a pretty serious peel!

Guest Tracy

Oh, you're very welcome, Roxy. And no....I won't get sick of you asking questions!! LOL!! That's why we're all here, to help each other and share our experiences with various products.

It'll take about a week for all the skin to come off. But I'd suggest that you wet your face and wash GENTLY every morning and night and mix whatever she gave you with some VASELINE. Keep it moist at all times with the vaseline. This way it will peel off more evenly and quickly. Usually, the dead skin just slides off during cleansing. But if there's some additional skin that's just hanging there, looking ugly, DO NOT peel it off or tug at it in any way. Cause it'll be attached to some skin that's not ready to come off yet.

Remember, KEEP IT MOIST with vaseline, neosporin.....or some type of ointment like that. I know it's greasy....and it feels SOOO yukky, but it's very, very important.

If you don't keep it moist, it will crack and "pop" off in certain areas. (that happened to me around my mouth area) and those areas WILL become darker.

Keep us posted on your progress!!

brokenwinggs: 30% TCA isn't a walk in the park, so that's why you're seeing the results you are. Don't worry. From what I've read, it might look like the scars are deeper right now, but they're not. And once you peel and the skin starts to rejuvenate & collagen builds up again, they should fill in a bit. But things look worse before they look better.

Definitely keep us posted! I've done other peels before, but I'm eager to try TCA as the next step up, so I like to read about everyone's experiences and outcomes.

smilingeyes: What % of TCA did you do? I bought a 12.5% TCA peel this week, and I have it in my hot little hands, but I'm going to a bachelorette party next weekend and there's no way I wanna have skin peeling off my face at the party! bb_smile.gif Just wanted to find out how light yours was so I can gauge how yucky this might look when I finally do it and for how long. I have no patience, but the possibility that I'll screw up my face if I pick at the skin will be enough to make me sit on my hands and be scary for a few days. ph34r.gif

~Kat

hey ya'll....

okay so im doin good without looking in the mirror laugh.gif BUt i know i shouldnt be BUT im still freaking out a little, as of right now im regreting ever doing the TCA peel. I only had 5 scars that werent big as all...and now that i think about it they were way fresh(a month old) i m honestly scared that i ruined my skin and will be disfigured(a lil dramatic, i know)I know everyone is telling me not to worry and to give it time, i only got it on thur. BUT that doesnt stop my head from running with all these crazy thoughts. bb_eusa_wall.gif

Guest Tracy

I think it's normal to be nervous!! Your face looks like shit right now!! I was nervous, too....thinking, "what the hell did I do to myself?"

Do you have the vaseline on it?

lol tracy thats how i feel.. and yes i have been blending my healing serum with vasoline. I just got back from the doctor.,the hardest part was getting out of the car and letting people see me,. anyways they said ill be fine.. i just need to be paitent(something that im not biggrin.gif ) she also gave me this "super moist" lotion to put on my face between the healing serum (and vasoline) whitch contains aloe vera, DMAE,ALA, among with like 14 other oils.. so.. yeah... i know i feel like i monter right now BUT i just have to keep staying out of the mirror and think of the long run.. i will have better skin...

~roxy

hey yall...

well... most of my scabs have fallen off (its now the 4th day) a few still linger... Is it normal for the area under to look pink? Geez my mind in getting the best of me and i swear the areas that a pink are gonna end up scarring...*going insane* thanks for all your help...

smilingeyes: What % of TCA did you do? I bought a 12.5% TCA peel this week, and I have it in my hot little hands, but I'm going to a bachelorette party next weekend and there's no way I wanna have skin peeling off my face at the party! bb_smile.gif Just wanted to find out how light yours was so I can gauge how yucky this might look when I finally do it and for how long. I have no patience, but the possibility that I'll screw up my face if I pick at the skin will be enough to make me sit on my hands and be scary for a few days. ph34r.gif

~Kat