Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fruitloops

not sure where to start - pics in post

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm 15 and have had acne since maybe 11-12. It hasn't been too bad until now. I've tried to keep a steady regimin but lately is hasn't been working at all. I don't know if my skin is growing immune to the acne medication or what but it seems like my acnes getting worse? That could be due to hormones.. because zits are popping up everywhere. I don't mean in one specific spot.. it's all over. Makes it impossible to pinpoint where its coming from. It's not horrible, but it's still upsetting. I have somewhat of a regimen I'm starting on, but so far it seems like things are getting worse. The regimen is wash face with gentle soap-free cleanser (came in a box with duac I got a little while back), spot treat with clearasil vanishing acne treatment, and moisturize with clean and clear dual action moisturizer. I usually do that twice a day. The reason I don't use the duac gel is because it seems to have stopped working on my skin. Every now and then I switch between the clearasil and the duac because it seems to do the trick and start working again, but lately it hasn't. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Or what I'm doing wrong? Also, in the pictures... I'm not sure of what type of acne I have and I'd like to have some input on. I'd also like to know what you guys suggest I do to treat it better.

post-150077-1304548841_thumb.jpg

post-150077-1304548826_thumb.jpg

post-150077-1304548826_thumb.jpg

post-150077-1304548841_thumb.jpg

Oh wow! Your acne is so mild! You're definitely in the right section.

I know a lot of people who have to switch between two products because it's like they're skin gets used to one thing. I don't really know the reason behind it, sorry to say.

I have used the Clearasil two in one lotion and I personally don't feel the inactive ingredients able the active ingredient (salicylic acid) to really penetrate into the pores and loosen the dead skin. It certainly didn't break me out any worse,though.

For me, salicylic acid has worked best in gel or liquid form, but this can be drying for others and they layer it under another moisturizer.

Have you examined your diet or considered supplements at all? I think I'd head to the holistic section and do some reading up. Just try to keep in mind that while someone might be negatively affected by something,it doesn't mean that you are too. That section can get really bias sometimes!

Thanks for the reply :D. And I haven't really done much with my diet, to be honest I never thought about it affecting my face much... but I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I already steer clear of dairy and greasy food since my stomach is sensitive to food like that... so I that seems like it might help my skin? I don't take any supplements, but it definatly sounds like something I could start doing... I'll have to read up on it.

I just recently got the moisturizer... and I'm not too thrilled with it much anyway. I used to use garnier refreshing gel moisturizer (the name was something like that, lol, I don't remember)... but I was at walmart one day and thought the clean and clear one was better since it was in the acne medication section. I think I'm just going to switch back though... cause the clean and clear one isn't doing much for me anyway.

/bump (sorry I have more questions I was hoping could be answered xD)

Alright... so I've come up with a few more questions and I don't want to post a new topic. I've decided I probably don't want to do as hardcore of a regimin I planned on because my skin is already not oily much... so this is realllly drying me out. I'm going to do the bp every other day, and continue to wash my face and moisturize twice a day. Does that seem like it would be ok? Since my acne isn't bad to begin with... I really don't want to dry my face up, considering I'd just rather have the acne than the dry skin anyway.

Another thing... my skin isn't barely oily at all and I have acne??? I'm thinking maybe since it's so dry my acne is flaring up worse.. so I'm focusing alot on moisturizer.

I'm also trying to see how I could go about stopping with makeup. Recently I've started wearing foundation and more concealer... and I think thats the main reason why my acne is flaring up. It's just hard for me to... but I'm going to try. I might have to cave and dot concealer a little though.... xD. And I figure I might as well start since the summer is coming up and I can't exactly wear a full face of makeup when going to the pool :P.

Guest Timehealsall

Do you pop your zits? If you do, i would stop.

I dont think your acne is bad enough that it warrants treatment. IMHO, treatment can worsen it.

Just eat healthy and exercise and see if it works. If not, try the acne.org regimen IMHO

I get white heads alot more now that i've started the acne.org is there a solution or shall i wait it out. Its been three weeks

Your acne is like mine but slightly better. Although I'm 20 now and I didn't have acne at your age.

It looks like typical teen acne and I bet some people would argue that that isn't even acne at all. I'm willing to bet that all you need to do is stop picking and popping and they'll go away. Popping them makes them spread, every time I pop one I get a couple more in the surrounding area.

Popping them also increases inflammation. If you do absolutely have to pop one, when the whitehead is so prominent that you can see it without looking close in the mirror, then do so with a sterilised needle then wash your face with a gentle cleanser immediately afterwards.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Haha, is it really that obvious I pop them? Now that I think about it that's probably why it's flared up in a few spots because I did try to pop two of them... ended badly might I add, I think I learned my lesson. Because i got maybe 5-7 new little zits around it the next day, yay.

Also I noticed a reply about exercise? It's funny thay was brought up cause I actually ended my physical education for the rest of school a few months ago. So I've been getting near zero excercise... which is probably a bad thing.