Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Friends: I wanted to post (for the first time in years) because I cannot BELIEVE the success that I am having with Accutane. I mean...the only downside is that I did not do this 10 years ago.

A little history:

Starting getting acne as a girl, when I was 11. It was unrelenting cystic acne continuously until now. For one reason or another, I stayed away from Accutane and thus tried everything else -- and I mean EVERYTHING:

Antibiotics, topicals (OTC & scripts), chemical peels, lasers (V-beam, photodynamic therapy, SmoothBeam), Zenos, herbals, BCP, EVERYTHING!

Nothing worked, so finally at the age of 33, I went to the doctor and insisted I get on Accutane. He said, first, let's try one more regimen -- alternating V-Beams, TCH Peels and Microderm Abrasion with Bactrim and an anti-Androgen pills. I said OK and three months later, started...The Tane.

Wow! This stuff works! I mean...not a new cyst since the first week. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!

If you are on the fence about trying Accutane, please do it. You owe it to yourself to try. Twenty-two years later, I am no longer self-conscious. There are still the ravages of scars to deal with, but -- just in the day-to-day life -- I am SO MUCH HAPPIER. I can't believe I waited this long. I hope you don't. Really...just amazing. My miracle.

im glad to see your happy about starting accutane. I dont want to rain on your parade but you may get an initial breakout that could make your acne temporarily worse, i just dont want you to get exited and then crushed by the initial breakout. The breakout is very common and it will clear up, you may not get it but dont get your hopes up about accutane working so fast, it can take months to see results. Good luck!

Wow, so much in common we have but I'm 11 years younger than you. I also started breaking out at age 11 and it just kept getting worse. I tried everything too and now I'm into my third day on Accutane. Obviously no differences yet but your story really touched me because I'm really happy for you. Congratulations! :)

Hey Friends: I wanted to post (for the first time in years) because I cannot BELIEVE the success that I am having with Accutane. I mean...the only downside is that I did not do this 10 years ago.

A little history:

Starting getting acne as a girl, when I was 11. It was unrelenting cystic acne continuously until now. For one reason or another, I stayed away from Accutane and thus tried everything else -- and I mean EVERYTHING:

Antibiotics, topicals (OTC & scripts), chemical peels, lasers (V-beam, photodynamic therapy, SmoothBeam), Zenos, herbals, BCP, EVERYTHING!

Nothing worked, so finally at the age of 33, I went to the doctor and insisted I get on Accutane. He said, first, let's try one more regimen -- alternating V-Beams, TCH Peels and Microderm Abrasion with Bactrim and an anti-Androgen pills. I said OK and three months later, started...The Tane.

Wow! This stuff works! I mean...not a new cyst since the first week. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!

If you are on the fence about trying Accutane, please do it. You owe it to yourself to try. Twenty-two years later, I am no longer self-conscious. There are still the ravages of scars to deal with, but -- just in the day-to-day life -- I am SO MUCH HAPPIER. I can't believe I waited this long. I hope you don't. Really...just amazing. My miracle.

I am 31 and suffered from acne since teenage and still haven't gone on accutane b/c I plan to get pregnant soon. But I feel I should have done it in my early 20's itself. But everyone in my family kept telling me I was going to grow out of it...but it hasn't happened yet...lol.

Just an update. My skin is beautiful! I am getting so many compliments -- from strangers! Thank you, Accutane.

Please don't wait to take the Tane if you're undecided! It works!!!!! YAY!!!

Your story is exactly like mine! I was 11 when I first got acne. Am now 26. Like you I tried EVERYTHING. Am 3 weeks into accutane and am already seeing results. Am so happy. Really hope everything goes well for you :-)

Yep. I was 17/18 (end of highschool) when I started getting bad acne. I've read about accutane, but never wanted to try it because people made it seem like this crazy drug that will effect your life permanently. Almost 3 years later, I've only been on it for four months now, but I regret not doing it sooner. It's a miracle drug, really.

same boat, 32 yr old female, started accuntane in February, acne started at age 8...severe cystic acne..finally bit the bullet, and its been amazing!!!!! No regrets thus far at ALL, other than wasting 23 years with this acne