Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User203

Need advice with applying foundation.

Iv been braking out ALOT lately and i cant seem to control it. I bought some proactiv faoundation andi need help with applying it without it being noticable at all.

Im not going to put alot on because i can control the skin to an to a point, then i can make it look a little better with foundation. ANYWAYS, any good advice on how to apply and what amount to use to make it unnoticable to the others?

Another question is how do i determine the color for the makeup?

I got light becuz i think im light.

Fair-really pale people?

Light-is lighter people/european right?

Medium-is like half way tanned, but not quit there?

Tan-tan.

Dark-dark.

I bought proactiv foundation, any idea if its good?

I think the majority of white people probobly fall into the medium catagory. They usually have guidance pictures of who's what on the website. If they don't, you could go to a place like www.neutrogena.com and take their beauty quiz...it'll show you what your skin type is. I thought i was light but it turned out i was medium.

The best advice i can give to make your foundation not look noticeable, is to get the exact color and apply it in the best light (natural light) possible. Be sure to blend at your jaw and hairline because that's where it will build up. I use a sponge because it gets into the corners of your nose really well. Don't forget to do under your nose either. Moisturize so you don't have any dry patches is also a good idea.

Oh, it was imbarrasing enough to have my dad order the light, now i might not even be light sad.gif

If i am medium is the light TOTALY gonna stand out on my face???????

Im not even sure if i tan usualy or burn THEN tan. Man im stuck.

Under my arms where i dont get sun is pretty pale, and i noticed that it is also pinkish. If its cold outside the pink shows up ALOT more, u think im light color?

You can't really judge by the skin on the rest of your body. My arms are a completely different shade than my face and my legs are bright white, lol. I tan quite easily even though i'm pale so it is possible. It might not stand out if you don't put too much on. If you put a lot on, it'll be obvious though.

I've had the hardest time finding the right foundation color for me because i'm right in between light and medium. I have to mix two shades to get it exactly right. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it. The best way to tell if it's the right shade is to smear a little line (blending slightly) from your cheek to your jaw and if it matches the color on your neck/jawline, it's right. Also, when you put it on, you shouldn't be able to tell where the makeup starts....it should blend it perfectly. It can be hard getting it right....I personally cannot wait till the day I don't have to wear this stuff anymore.

Yeah, but everywhere i look it says you have to look at NON-sun areas to determine your color. Why is that?

I looked on a site and it said pinch a non-sun area to determine your true color.

I got a reddish-orange color after i pinched. Any idea what this means??

I don't know why some people say that because it's completely wrong. I made the mistake of testing foundation on my wrist (I read that's what you're supposed to do) and since it matched, I assumed it'd look right on my face. It was about 3 shades too light and my mom asked if I was sick, lol. It only makes sense to test it on the area you're actually going to be using it. In the summer, you're probobly going to be a shade darker and in the winter, a shade lighter.

I've never heard of pinching your skin to reveal your true color. That doesn't sound too accurate because my face isn't bright pink.

im HOPING the light works out for me. If not im going to get meduim, gotta figure out how to get my money back though.

Can you give me an example of a celebrity or someone that is light shade and a celebrity thats a meduim shade. THAT would realllly help me out biggrin.gif

I think someone like Nicole Kidman would be fair/light and someone like katie holmes would be medium. Can't really think of a good example. However, at www.makeup411.com, they usually tell you what color foundation the celebrity is wearing. Me and natalie portman have the exact skin shade, hehe. I actually tried wearing the same color foundation as her and it matched just right.

Nicole Kidman is fair. She HAS to be, shes really pale. What kind of people is light designed for then, i dont get it!? What type of people wear light shade?