Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noggin

can scars...

red marks are considered a form of scar and they heal within 6 months to a year. could a shallow scar heal on it's own in this time also? just wondering. i can't tell if i have scars yet because of the red marks but, if i do have them...perhaps, they will heal along with the red marks. i'm 19 btw, still pretty young, if that helps.

Red marks aren't scars, Scars are indents with damage to the underlying skin structure. This makes them less likely to heal.

However, sometimes they do heal. I have had scars completely disappear on my body. Anything is possible I guess.

Well, my mum said he had acne when he was in his teens.

She said he had some scarring, not to bad but noticable, he is now in his fifties and when I last saw him he had no scarring what so ever.

As long as your health is good scars can go away, they really can or improve dramatically because skin renews itself so little by little and very slowly the newer skin replaces the damaged. I've had several shallow scars go away and a few scars that looked horrible decrease dramatically, I mean improve by 60-70% all on their own...If your health is bad, once it gets better, improvement will still happen. My very bad scar improved tremendously within 2-3 years without me doing anything, not even mild exfoliation. If a scar is super deep it probably will never go away entirely but scars will always improve, more for somethan others.

superfcial redmarks go away within 6 months, deeper ones may be broken capillaries...

That's why chemical peels are considered effective, they basically speed up/boost skin renewal and regeneration and a series can really improve skin.

my uncle also had some scarring from acne at his teens ... now he is 42 ? or something ... aw

around when he was 35 he changed his diet ... eating brown rice at least once a day ... now he has no scars ... bb_icon_exclaim.gif

he reckons brown rice really did helped him from healing scars ... bcoz of its good Nutrition facts ...

In response to your question, "Can scars heal on their own?"

I hope and pray it is so.

bb_eusa_pray.gif

Good luck to you and all of us!

So does brown rice really works and are we talking about those unpolish rice or are we talking about a different kind of rice?

I'll have to go down to the super market ti have a look...

eating hale food is good for your skin and your whole body. What really is bad for scars is sun. They make scars dramatical worse. actually there is no treatment that wokrs 100% for scars. every ablative treatment (Laser / dermabrasio / peeling) might make scars bigger, so be careful!