Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lpd213

Smoking and acne

Does any1 know how smoking ciggerettes effects acne... althought i heard that its not good, i dont see any hard it would bring to acne since its going into ur lungs, not ur face.

Okay, look I smoked nearly a pack a day for years. My acne would flare up and go away. Sometimes I would have really bad flare ups.

Then I cut way back on how much I smoked. My acne would flare up and go away. Sometimes I would have really bad flare ups.

Then I simply quit smoking all together. My acne would flare up and go away. Sometimes I would have really bad flare ups.

The good news is that I now save 100.00 a month or so not smoking so that I can spend it on a variety of acne products, make-up, or weird shamanic methods of ridding my skin of the demon that has invaded it.

On the more serious side I have not had a cold or lung illness in over 3 years. I do save money (the money I spend on cigs now goes into a savings account). My house, my car, and I all smell much better. And I don't concern myself with whether I am going to a non-smoking or smoking environment (since so many places in the U.S. are going non-smoking anyway). I also heal much quicker than I used too.

I personally believe taht anything that you put in your body - orally, inhaled, or absorbed through your skin will eventually show its effects.

Put it this way....smoking may or may not effect your acne(we dont know)....but what we do know is.....smoking will definetly NOT help your acne get better

I have friends who smoke and they all got perfect skin. Its probly more genetic than anything. Although, if you do have acne, the smoke probly doesn't help it at all.

I'm actually really confused on this matter. Literally every person/friend/sibling/celeberty/stranger... anyone i see or know that religiously smokes cigarettes has very clear skin!! i dont understand?? maybe it does help... is there actual proof that it doesn't? Also, I heard it can turn your skin yellow. but isnt it better to have yellow skin then bright red from irratation and acne? write back

I smoked a lot and my acne was definately better. I dont think the ciggys made it better...I just dont think they make it any worse either. At least I have never noticed them making it worse and I would be a good judge of that since Ive been a casual (0-10 ciggarettes a week-usually all on one night or over a couple nights) smoker for years and years now. Ive never noticed them make my skin any worse.

Yeah, smoking doesn't cause acne. I think it's actually been scientifically proven. For a while I thought that might have been my problem, but I stopped and noticed no difference, so I went back to it. I am a fucking chain smoker. I smoke like 3 packs a day. Shit man, I'm smoking a cigarette right now. If I knew that it would clear my face, I would quit on the double. But I guess my heart and lungs don't mean as much to me as my skin. rolleyes.gif

I found it helps a lot. Not the addicted 2 pack-a-day habit most people think of when they think of smoking, but the occasional Cuban cigar or pipe. I kick back to some nice music and smoke. The day's stresses just melt away and I can almost feel the toxic Cortisol decreasing.

(BTW, I think it's funny most people who turn up their noses at smoking have no problem with drinking heavily).

If you are young, and you start smoking these days despite all that is known about the horrendous chemicals they put it there, all I have to say is that you're a fucking idiot.

Does any1 know how smoking ciggerettes effects acne... althought i heard that its not good, i dont see any hard it would bring to acne since its going into ur lungs, not ur face.

I also have found that smoking has absolutely no effect on my acne, though I think it may have made my skin slightly oillier. As a side-note, I haven't found that not smoking makes food taste better or that I get fewer colds, or that I really 'feel healthier', except for experiencing less dry throat. Of course, it is possible that I didn't really smoke enough for it to have a major impact on my health (that's my personal theory).

I quit smoking. It was easy. I dont get why people think its so addictive.

Since Ive quit (about a month ago) I havent had any changes in acne, but my overall skin tone/texture is much nicer. Yay for that!