Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laxgoalie22

Getting a tan on accutane

I understand that the skin is easily irritated and susceptible to burns while on accutane. Being a very active and outdoorsy person however, im wondering if its possible to get a tan without burning? Such as going out unprotected for a few minutes and tanning while putting mild sunscreen on my face and then putting the strong stuff on? Idk any advice would be cool. thx

Why would you bother risking it though? Just accept that you're going to be pale and let your skin heal. And then worry about getting the tan when it's all said and done.

Why would you bother risking it though? Just accept that you're going to be pale and let your skin heal. And then worry about getting the tan when it's all said and done.

so how can i pull off a tan

You can't. Like I said, you just have to accept that you're going to be pale.

You need to wear sunblock, appropriate clothing and hats.

I get that it's harder for you as it's getting into Summer over there, but do you really want blistered skin that takes forever to heal and that could potentially scar?

yo man get your tan on its summer time, start lookin good for the ladies. I'm on accutane and im already tan my face is pretty rough from being through topical prescriptions like retin, benzaclin and benzoyl peroxide so I'm different.

Just find out what works for you, try to see how bad you burn and if it's too bad just start wearing SPF

you can tan....it's just like how antibiotics make you more sensitive to the sun--but accutane obviously makes you more sensitive than antibiotics do...

I tan on tane'--just put sun block on ur face, chest, shoulders or wherever your used to burning and dont stay out quite as long as your used to... shit I spray afro sheen on my legs and stomach even (no sunblock) and I'm fine...

only you know your body, be smart and go inside if you feel yourself getting too much sun.. protect the parts at most risk and you'll be fine.

I'm at the end of month 3 almost so if I was gonna burn bad I'd think it'd have already happened

happy tanning :)

Threads like this make me extremely depressed having a type 1 albino-pale skin, red hair AND cystic acne. Oh well, at least I got melanotan to try out.

I'm not on accutane, but using antiobiotics and topical creams. I thought that going tanning would make my face look better and boost my self esteem, when in actuality it made my face so extremely dry that it looked worse. I could barely smile without the corners of my mouth cracking. Also, I got large dark spots on my face, I guess it overly tanned the acne, more than the rest of my face. Maybe you would have better luck than me, but just be very very careful! Also, it's great that you are active and outdoorsy. Keep up the great self esteem, I'm so envious!!