Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
name1237895

chest/back acne

whats good to get rid of chest/ bacne? i just got a little on my back, but on my chest there are a bunch of tiny small bumps that itch!

im thinking of using bp/sa wash on them from blotchlas regimin.....do i need to moisturize my chest/back if i use this? i heard that if you dont moisturize more of the oil will be produce and create more acne....but that doesnt make sense because i thought bp was supposed to help not create more acne

I too suffer from body acne. You have to go to a dermatologist. Many people say that the only thing that works is Accutane, which I will likely start soon.

the ONLY thing that got my bacne and chest acne was accutane...

3 years on and some spots have creeped back onto my chest, no where near what they were like. I get 1 or two a month on my back still.

ive started using the reg on my chest and had a mass initial breakout. like 5 big cycsts. I though SHIT... anyhow, they have faded quick and all is lookin good. BP barely dries out or irritates my chest so im happy to apply it everynight to stop getting spots.

i have however, been left with what seem to be scars all over my chest and shoulders, which im thinking the accutane caused. I cant see that the acne caused them as they arent former spots or anything.

see this (pics included):

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=29000

they arnt overly noticable from anything more than 5 feet but are annoying and frustrating none the less. Im hoping to treat them soon.

i used to have bad bacne n some chest acne.. but i took accutane 1 1/2-2 years ago n i get like 1 or 2 every now n then.. n ot very noticeable.. but i did break out on my face again sad.gif , at least my back n chest acne are gone, im workin on my face now

Hi. im new here and i have quite bad bacne and a few chest ones too. I was thinking bout going on accutane but there seems to be loadsa side effects. Ne of u guys used it?? and if yes, wot side effects have u had if ne?? im new to the regime and have tried it on my back. i was wondering how much do u need to put on?? cheers.

my friends friends adviced me to use minocin i believe its called. is that the same thing as accutane?? i think he said that his friend that used it had no side effects at all and he was clear pretty soon.

Accutane is different than Mynocline. I was on Accutane for 5 months, and initially it worked great (cleared me up about 80%), but after about 6 months of stopping treatment my acne slowly came back. Though it is not nearly as bad as it used to be, it seems to have come back to around 50% of what it used to be. As for side effects, it made my skin SEVERLY dry (cracked lips, extremely flakey skin on my face). This is probably because I used no moistureizer though. One of the side effects of accutane is that it can also cause light to mild depression, which I seemd to get a little bit of.

Hi there,

Not sure if this is going to help but I thought that I'd post on my experience. I too have had back acne, quite nasty systic acne that flared up again when I came back to the UK (no idea why) but recently I tried the vinegar method as an attempt to get rid of the dark red marks that it had left and I was amazed to discover that my back acne almost completely disappeared.

I used Japanese Rice vinegar, not for any reason, just that it was the only vinegar I could find in the supermarket at the time, so I smell a bit like sushi smile.gif but the results have been nothing short of remarkable, I now have only two tiny spots on my back now where I would have had at least 5 seriously big ugly systic acne spots at any time, I dont know how or why its worked but it has, manybe you should give it a try before you hit the Accutane.

All the best.

M.

Sure, if you follow the listed thread below this should tell you all about the vinegar method, as an aside I was trying it last night in conjunction with some teatree oil and it seemed to work even more effectively on the red marks, will be monitoring the progress of this addition to the technique over the next few weeks.

Again my back skin is very tough and oily so if yours is sensitive I'd try it a little at a time.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4885

Good luck with everything.

M.