Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kman101

My back acne/ Backne help ! (Pics inside)

Ok so new to this guys.. Just would like an opinion my back is sore with acne...

do i need to go to see dermatologist/ go on accutane etc>? does accutane work with backne?

I want to clear it for the summer 2/3 months?

Thanks guys!!

post-149914-1304289329_thumb.jpg

post-149914-1304289348_thumb.jpg

post-149914-1304289329_thumb.jpg

post-149914-1304289348_thumb.jpg

Hi khill1968.

I cannot comment on accutane, as I have never used it.

Are you using anything at the moment on your back? Your back acne looks very similar to the type I used to have. I had great success with Dan's AHA+ on my back. As well as preventing any new breakouts, it also helps with PIH, as the glycolic acid exfoliates the skin.

Don't know which part of the world you are from, but in the UK, I don't think a doctor would prescribe accutane for mild acne. I think it's used as a last resort, if other treatments fail.

I would try a topical treatment first, before considering the "hard stuff".

Ok so new to this guys.. Just would like an opinion my back is sore with acne...

do i need to go to see dermatologist/ go on accutane etc>? does accutane work with backne?

I want to clear it for the summer 2/3 months?

Thanks guys!!

I used accutane over 10 years ago for face acne, it works for your whole body. It basically stops your body from producing oil. It can have some crazy side affects though. I personally didn't have any except for a rash on my hands that would go away if I used lotion daily.

You should go see a Dr though, it can't hurt. They can probably give you some type of anitbiotic that may help. Make sure you see a darm though. Also you can try washing with hibiclens you can find it at CVS, wallgreens, rite aid or even target. It's a microbial wash, it kills bacteria.

Thanks for help guys

ye im from Ireland so derm prob would be unwilling to prescribe accutane unless it got worse. I also have a history of depression which they are apparently always weary of.

Manticore, how is your back now? do all the red marks go away/ turn to white marks? i have sum white marks that look like scars, yet there are red marks there which could be scars too, im not sure which are scars or worse?? I really dont want my back scarred for life if i can avoid it.

Any help is really appreciated guys... take care and good luck,,,

QUOTE (khill1968 @ May 5 2011, 01:39 AM)

Thanks for help guys

ye im from Ireland so derm prob would be unwilling to prescribe accutane unless it got worse. I also have a history of depression which they are apparently always weary of.

Manticore, how is your back now? do all the red marks go away/ turn to white marks? i have sum white marks that look like scars, yet there are red marks there which could be scars too, im not sure which are scars or worse?? I really dont want my back scarred for life if i can avoid it.

Any help is really appreciated guys... take care and good luck,,,

I still have PIH marks on my back from years & years of back acne. It's hard to say how quickly they fade because I have had so many spots on my back over the years. I have attached a photo I took a couple of days ago. I don't have a "before" photo to compare it with, but if you look closely you can see the PIH. It doesn't look too bad in that photo, but it is a bit more noticable in harsher light.

I don't think that any of mine have turned white. It doesn't look like it. They just look like the usual dark red PIH.

I still get the very occasional spot, but nowhere near as many since I started using AHA+. I have no active spots at the moment. I take a photo every 3 to 4 days, hoping that the AHA+ will speed up the fading of the PIH.

Edited by Manticore

Thanks again Manticore. Your back looks fantastic, though may i ask are you sporting a tan? you seem to have no scars .

my photo is really quite poor; it doesnt show true extent or severity of my backne. I have many white scars which im pretty sure will never heel, and some red marks which may/ may not.

Im off to the derm next week cos i want to try everything i can to sort this problem as best i can. its bringing me down too much and has ruined many aspects of my life. I hope there is a future for me with sun holidays and sports, as currently i cant do either. Old photos of me make me cry and im a fella.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit...

Thanks again Manticore. Your back looks fantastic, though may i ask are you sporting a tan? you seem to have no scars .

my photo is really quite poor; it doesnt show true extent or severity of my backne. I have many white scars which im pretty sure will never heel, and some red marks which may/ may not.

Im off to the derm next week cos i want to try everything i can to sort this problem as best i can. its bringing me down too much and has ruined many aspects of my life. I hope there is a future for me with sun holidays and sports, as currently i cant do either. Old photos of me make me cry and im a fella.

I did a little bit of sun bathing a few weeks ago when we had that unusually long run of hot, sunny weather. So I do have a bit of a tan.

In the past I have found that the only thing that helped my body acne was summer sunshine. During a hot, sunny summer, my body acne would disappear altogether, but slowly appear again during late winter. You have to be careful with sun exposure while using AHA though, as it makes your skin more sensitive.

I seem to be quite lucky with scarring. It looks like I don't have any scars on my back, only PIH marks. I'm sure your red marks will fade, but unfortunately, it's a slow process.

Hope your derm can sort you out with something that works. Good luck.

I did a little bit of sun bathing a few weeks ago when we had that unusually long run of hot, sunny weather. So I do have a bit of a tan.

In the past I have found that the only thing that helped my body acne was summer sunshine. During a hot, sunny summer, my body acne would disappear altogether, but slowly appear again during late winter. You have to be careful with sun exposure while using AHA though, as it makes your skin more sensitive.

I seem to be quite lucky with scarring. It looks like I don't have any scars on my back, only PIH marks. I'm sure your red marks will fade, but unfortunately, it's a slow process.

Hope your derm can sort you out with something that works. Good luck.

I agree with what you have said, although my skin doesn't get sun sensitivity anymore(I guess it had gotten used to it)

The Sun for sure helped out my Body Acne, by not only masking/helping the acne but got a tan.

I agree with what you have said, although my skin doesn't get sun sensitivity anymore(I guess it had gotten used to it)

The Sun for sure helped out my Body Acne, by not only masking/helping the acne but got a tan.

It's strange that some members, like us, see an improvement when tanning, but others say that it makes their PIH look worse.

Sorry my quote button is messing up, but this is for the post above me^

The sun shouldn't make PIH worse, but just prolong the healing progress of it as of what I know from my experience.

However, me being In the sun is definitely beneficial. I was about for around 2 - 3 hours with an SPF of 15, and the results were amazing for me.

Now of course I had said i used an SPF, but that was because it was my first time tanning in the year and didn't want to burn. Knowing how long I would of been out there.

Hey guys, I am a fellow user from Ireland and have pretty bad back acne. It seems to have flared up in the past 2 months and I have now started using AHA+ on it. Unfortunately I cannot reach the problematic areas i.e. the shoulder blades.

Any suggestions for this?? To be honest Im too embarrassed to ask people to help me out with this by rubbing on the AHA so any tips would be great!!

Cheers :)

I'd just like to say the first thing I noticed was not your acne. Your tag is sticking out. :]

As for letting this stop you from doing things outside, don't let it. I have a bit a acne on my chest and acne. But honestly, it doesn't bother me that much anymore. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem, not mine. I'm not gonna let acne ruin my summer. I will wear a bikini.

I'd just like to say the first thing I noticed was not your acne. Your tag is sticking out. :]

As for letting this stop you from doing things outside, don't let it. I have a bit a acne on my chest and acne. But honestly, it doesn't bother me that much anymore. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem, not mine. I'm not gonna let acne ruin my summer. I will wear a bikini.

That is a great attitude right there! :)

That is a great attitude right there! :)

Thank you! :] It's been a long journey, but I'm getting some of my confidence back.

hi !

I think the best thing to do is try AHA IF you can get it over the counter or from your doctor great...if not maybe order it from this site? A bit expensive maybe with the shipping but it works quite well.

There are also a lot of inexpensive products which you can spray on your back without another person(Neutrogena and Avon have sprays for body acne).

If you can soak in a bathtub or sea salt or epson salt that helps too. Make sure when you shower you rinse your shampoo off very well. Some people break out from shampoo on their body so it may help to switch to a natural brand.

if you can wear natural fabricof the time it helps a great deal too.

btw most girls really dont notice nor mind acne or a guy especially since youre quite good looking.

hope this helps some I find that with all this in combination body acne should be reduced a lot

A

Hey there,

I'm just finishing my 3rd month on Accutane. Before Accutane my back was totally fine (minor acne like you). However, when I went on Accutane (mainly for my face) my back got waay worse and my face got waaayy better. I'm pretty sure that my back got worse due to excessive sport (6 times rigorously each week soccer). It is getting better though in time. My point is, If you don't need accutane (which I'm pretty sure you don't) DO NOT TOUCH THE STUFF.!!)

J.

dont take accutane if you are prone to depression, it is a bad idea.

Have you tried the aha as suggested? I found that for back/shoulders it works very well. I just got a $10 product called alpha hydroxy at the drugstore in gel form and have been using it for a few weeks and I havent had any new spots.It definately fades the redmarks too :-)

If I ever get brave I might just try it on my face.