Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epuree

Clear after healthy diet - Is this the only way to stay clear? I want to just be a normal human being at restaurants...

Hi guys, so I've been on this forum for ages...

Here are the stuff I've tried and just give my personal opinion on what has worked, and what hasn't...

1. Raw food diet - worked after awhile (a few months), but I felt really tired all the time, and my nails went from a healthy shade of pink to purplish blue o.o - Acne came back too after a few months

2. Paula's choice products - Worked, but whenever I stop, the acne will come back, and this didn't keep me 100% clear

3. No sugar, low Carb diet, no alcohol, junk etc... - This is currently what I'm doing, has kept me 95% clear - I only get break outs when I accidentally ingest nuts or too much meat

4. Zinc, B5 - Tried only for a weeks as I felt it wasn't sustainable... Zinc made me feel nausea

I'm moving onto cleanses next, and if my acne is still persistent, then I think I'm going to take Spiro for men or Accutane. I do believe that their not the best option out there. Therefore, I would like to ask, is there any other options out there that could keep one clear WITHOUT having to CONSTANTLY read product labels, and be a TOTAL weirdo at restaurants and just order a salad or Sashimi. I'm tired of being confined to a certain number of foods I can eat out and I really DO want to eat pizza and some macdonalds once in awhile without having to be anxious or stressed out at social situations.

I haven't had an ice cream or even cake for more than 1 and a half years... I don't think I can keep this up, its not exactly worth my skin.

I can show photos of myself if your really interested. Just PM me.

Those who are DESPERATE to clear acne... just stick to the diets recommended here, you don't even need the supplements. They DO work - That I can guarantee. But, it just might not be "human" and sustainable in the long term. I have friends who eat EVERYTHING like... EVERYTHING and imbibe alcohol every week but still have FLAWLESS skin. So yeah I'm just tired of being "weird' and awkward at social situations.

I'm going to do a liver, kidney, and colon flush, and I'll let you guys know if that works out to keep my skin clear 100%. I don't mind doing these flushes periodically to keep my skin clear, however keeping a STRICT diet is almost driving me insane. plus, I'm heading to university this fall, so I can't be so concerned with what I'm eating...

God Bless!

My Acne situation before: HORRIBLE. Absolutely... I was depressed, miserable, and cried. I'm glad I stuck out with a diet. O and how oily is my skin? You have NO IDEA. To give you an estimate, when I use a toner on my face - you just need to give it 5 minutes to see an OILY SLICK on my nose and forehead.

My Acne situation now: Some minor small breakouts here and there from time to time... but I no longer feel controlled by it. However, I do feel controlled by my diet. My T-Zone area is still EXTREMELY oily though... that's why I'm considering accutane/spiro. You just need 10 minutes to see it COVERED in oil. No. I'm not kidding. I'm asian.

You don't need to do low-carb as much as you should be doing low-GI and low to moderate GL. Not all carbs are created equal. If you're having trouble with oily skin, I say wash your face with only cold water and a natural toner and stick with the B5/Zinc. (Try taking your Zinc with only meat. It's not absorbed as well with fiber but many people get nausea if they take it on an empty stomach including myself.)

Live life by the 90/10 rule. If you're good with your diet 90% of the time, you can slack off 10% of the time (when you're with friends/family/going out to dinner/just plain old don't feel like eating healthy.)

Hm, you might have low stomach acid if you are breaking out on nuts and meat. If you have low stomach acid, you should probably try a completely grain-free and dairy-free diet and soy-free diet... and stop taking all supplements to be on the same side. I frequently notice the people with low stomach acid cannot tolerate grains. It seems like a grain intolerance makes up about 40% of the reasons people have acne on this forum.

It might also be the underlying cause of why you must follow tricky diets (ig. low carb diet) because your body is not operating efficiently.

You don't need to do low-carb as much as you should be doing low-GI and low to moderate GL. Not all carbs are created equal. ...

Live life by the 90/10 rule. If you're good with your diet 90% of the time, you can slack off 10% of the time (when you're with friends/family/going out to dinner/just plain old don't feel like eating healthy.)

Second that. Or even 80/20. There are also many other factors that affect how strict your diet needs to be, like physical activity, muscle vs body fat, sleep, stress, health issues, etc. More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Also, there shouldn't be any labels to read on the majority of foods you consume. At least not with more than one ingredient.

Edited by alternativista