Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnesucks33

Why do we lucky ones get cystic acne?

Whats the difference between papules and nodules? What causes papules and what causes nodules. Ive looked at the types of acne already but still don't get it...

Guest pokemonster

difference is that papule is shit but nodule is crap!

From my understanding, cysts are when the pore gets clogged and bacteria grows and causes inflammation to the point where the hair follicle wall breaks and papules are when the pore gets clogged and bacteria grows but doesn't totally break down the follicle wall. I'm not sure exactly why it happens but I know stuff like excessive irritation can increase inflammation, which is why it's a good idea to avoid acne products with alcohol and menthol.

yeah cuz like every pimple i get there the big red painful ones so this happens when the follicle totally breaks down cuz it cant sustain the crap inside of it?

yeah cuz like every pimple i get there the big red painful ones so this happens when the follicle totally breaks down cuz it cant sustain the crap inside of it?

I am just getting over a HUGE cyst that I have had for about 2 weeks now . My face was swollen and I had a hard time eating because the side of my mouth was swollen too . It felt like it was about a 50 cent piece size . I used alot of ibuprofen , and also used a " draw out salve " on it . It drained for about 4 days . After it started draining I used triple antibiotic cream on it . I have kept it covered . Going to the dermatoligist in a week . ( this was the second huge cyst I have got within a couple of months ) .

The areas where I got these cysts were tiny " moveable " cysts for about a year or so . For some reason they got infected . The only thing I can figure is I started using a different cleanser - Loreal salicylic acid , with the " scrublet " . I think I was overcleaning my skin and irriatated the skin . I was VERY embarrassed and havent left the house much.

Be gentle when you cleanse your skin .