Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan_a

Let's meet and talk

Ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Dana, 25 years old male, I have been fighting acne for over 12 years now, I have tried a lot of things from natural remedies on my skin like lemon juice, jojoba oil and different body cleanses to harsh drugs like antibiotics, Differin and Accutane, none of them worked and acne always hit me back. I changed my diet completely and it helped, but still I have a couple of cysts on my face, when they go away a couple of new ones appear…

I don’t know about you but I deserve to have a smooth, clear skin; I deserve to enjoy my life and devote my energy to my dreams, my life and to people I care about. I deserve to go to a seminar, a party or on a date without worrying about my face from a week before or to think about my skin all the time, am I eating right or what color to wear not to exaggerate my inflamed skin!

My family, friends and everyone I know deserve to know the true me and my enthusiasm in life.

I have been thinking about it all and arrived to this point that I have tried so many things but still there are a lot more that I haven’t tried yet, I know some tips and methods that helps me but there are a lot more to try. I have done some research, read some books and I am sure you have gone through the same experience, I say let’s get together and help ourselves out of this, we can talk about it face to face, inform others about what you have found, share ideas and above all experience difficulties together.

If you are in the same boat, if you think you deserve all of the above, add reply to this post with just your name and the area you live in so all people within the same area can schedule a time and a place to meet.

I start by myself:

Dana _DC area US

I can make an excel file later based on your replies!

Regards,

Dana

Great idea, just a shame for me that I'm on the other side of the world.

Still, I've always thought how cool it could be to have people around who could relate.

Maybe I should look into something similare over here. :think:

I agree! I would love to get together w/ someone who truly understands what I'm going thru.

My name is Crystal and I live in Montana.

Yes, good idea, but I'm all the way over here in the UK. Also... to be honest, I think guys would be better suited to giving guys advice. I just think the hormone balance thing can be different for either sex. Not that you're not a guy, I'm just saying.

Plus... yes it can be vey helpful to have someone you can talk to face to face, but I think detailing one's experiences is also very helpful. Make a daily log of fash washes you use, things you eat (in fact any factor you think might affect your acne). Then also take a picture of yourself each day (try and get the same lighting conditions each day), and there you have a more objective view of your results/problems.

I know that's not much to do with meeting per se, but if I were going to share my results (and I will do with anyone who wants to know), I'd like to have some solid evidence to point to.

Edited by TexMurphy01

I agree, Tex, especially when giving advice. But for me it would be more of a support type thing. I am taking the accutane plunge in about a week. To be around people who feel the same and understand while giving support thru the whole trial and error of acne control. At least for someone like me who has become moderate/severe as an adult, I know the steps I need to take at this point, but it doesn't make it any less difficult to walk that path.

I think this is a really good idea, but the name just cracks me up cause it sounds well pedo.

No offence, it was funny.

I'm in manchester UK, wouldn't mind knocking up a bit of a support meeting. Thanks for the idea.

I think this is a really good idea, but the name just cracks me up cause it sounds well pedo.

No offence, it was funny.

I'm in manchester UK, wouldn't mind knocking up a bit of a support meeting. Thanks for the idea.