Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
squirt

How do I get these zits to heal???

I am 30, a female, on spironolactone, using clindamycin gel and am taking dynacin antibiotic. Since starting the clindamycin gel and dynacin antibiotic a month ago, I can not seem to get my old acne spots to heal. I am a picker - but I swear I have been being good! Is my skin to dry to heal? Anyone have any advice? My spots are mainly very red and one or two don't even totally have a layer of skin over the old acne spot - yet it is flat. Help. I have just starting using hydrogen peroxide and on the open spot - a mini touch of antibiotic ointment. I am so sick of using coverup on my spots, it is killing me!

I have been doing a bit of neosporin, but it caused another zit. I'll try it againg and see what happens. Thanks for your feedback.

I would probably stop using the hydrogen peroxide because that I believe will irritate and damage the skin and impede the healing process. I think that the glycolic acid idea is a good one from what I've heard. If you want to try something less irritating I would try aloe vera and it did seem to work very well for my red marks. (Fruit of the Earth 100% Pure aloe vera gel)

putting neosporin on ur face is like useing vaseline..it makes it worse because its greasy and it clogs the pores...i dont know what to do about picked zits u dont suppose to pick them

putting neosporin on ur face is like useing vaseline..it makes it worse because its greasy and it clogs the pores...i dont know what to do about picked zits u dont suppose to pick them