Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laloca

SCALP acne/Seborrheic Dermatitis

OMG, my scalp is filled with painful bumps & scabs!! :excl::cry: It greases quick too. I never had this problem before.

This sh*t doesn't go away, no matter wtf I tried. I've tried ACV, tea tree oil, nettle tea rinse....dermatologist medicated shampoos and steroid solutions.

NOTHING has cured it!! I'm so sick and tired of this. :mad: It's making my hair fall off a lot and thinning!

I've had this for a while now. Since the fall. I'm going to another dermatologist in two weeks to see if she can give me something better.

If anyone here has any advice/tips for me, i'll gladly appreciate it a lot.

Thx!!

That could be dangerous pal, get it looked at by either a GP or preferably a dermatologist asap!!

You dont want to end up like this poor fella -

( ok link wont work but youtube "embarrassing bodies sore head" youll find the video then!!)

Best of luck!

Edited by khill1968

I had the exact same problem, except a few years ago my derm told me it was seborrheic dermatitis and a couple of weeks ago he explain to me that it was matured into psoriasis, because both of those conditions are on the same spectrum.

Once he found that out, the regimen to fight the bumps and oily, flaky nonsense on my scalp changed. I was using steroid solutions, and they HAD been working fantastically, but they had to be interchanged for stronger stuff.

If it is that bad until the point where you hair is falling out, your dermatologist may prescribe a really strong drug for psoriasis -- but I seriously doubt it -- those drugs are pretty extreme.

Although the dermatitis is chronic, I would personally see if a stronger steroid wouldn't solve your problem. I've been seeing a fantastic dermatologist for years about this, and he's told it to me straight that some people can never fully have it under control. Personally, although I can keep the bumps and scabs at bay, my hair is still extremely greasy -- and i don't think that's ever going to go away.

If your bumps have white centers I'd get one cultured by the Derm to see whats causing it, could be Bacterial, fungal or even viral. I'd try the tea tree oil again though it worked great for me, buy straight tea tree, not products with tea tree and use it like there's no tomorrow.

That could be dangerous pal, get it looked at by either a GP or preferably a dermatologist asap!!

You dont want to end up like this poor fella -

( ok link wont work but youtube "embarrassing bodies sore head" youll find the video then!!)

Best of luck!

Oh God, that is scary! Mine isn't that bad.

Seriously, i'm 29 years old and never had this problem up until now. Fkn sucks!

I've tried Nizoral, no luck.

I am seeing another derm next week. I will keep an update here.

Thanks for the replies. :)