Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awakeodin

How long after antibiotics is your body "weak" to acne for?

Any clue how long the "weakness" to acne in your body lasts after antibiotics, and when it returns to normal/pre medication? On it for around 5 months.

And if it REALLY matters or not if you slowly come off them vs. cold turkey.

I'm guessing at least someone must have heard from their dermatologist.

I quit Minocycline cold turkey few weeks back, red spots on my face started clustering, and I could feel a few painful pimples coming up under my skin, so I went back on it a few days ago and I think it's starting to get a little better.... BUT I WANT OFF!

Then I want my body to return to normal health so I may the natural washing face only with water method (no cleanser, no moisturizer) - and i assume if I do this while my body's weak from antibiotics, my face will bubble up.

You should take a good quality pro-biotic while on antibiotics. If you didn't I would take it for 2 months and try and not eat too much processed/junk/carb food while you're doing it.

But if you were on antibiotics for a while, yikes, that really damaged your system! :(

Well, I was on it for 5-6 months, I'm trying to come off it now - I'm not sure how to slowly come off it though, and I don't see a dermatologist for a while... so I'm looking into it.

When I come off it, I'll do a 3 day liquid detox, and take probiotics.