Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Accutane for almost 5 months now and do get the occasional rash on my hands and arms. There was a smaller rash on the same area that healed up a few days ago (lasted over a week). I got this flare up last night. I was drinking and smoking though so maybe that was what caused an allergic reaction to it. Does it look like eczema? It's pretty damn red. I've been putting on cortisone cream on it. Thanks!

post-110665-1304191875_thumb.jpg

post-110665-1304191875_thumb.jpg

I actually got a similar but less severe rash in the same place just yesterday! I figured the accutane was to blame, but I also noticed it after leaning on a dirty table. Do you think you were leaning on the bar or something? I just put some jojoba oil on mine, and I hope it clears.

I had something similar. It's most likely your body attempting to remove the toxic substance from your body. It should get better once sebum production is stopped completely and your skin is unable to detoxify.

Yepp totally normal, I'm in my third month and I get flare ups of rashs on my forearms. infact ive just got a flare up on my leg-i noticed my arm rashes got worse when i applied wash off fake tan for a night out (silly of me in retrospect!)-maybe its because the skin is so sensitive to anything touching it??

but yeah its totally normal on this drug apparantly, i just try to keep it moisturised and remember why im going through the side effects :)

xx

I was born with eczema and i'm on Accutane. I would suggest getting the Cortisone 10 Intensive Healing Lotion for Eczema. It comes in a red tube. It always clears me up. If you want a cheaper alternative, i would just get a generic tube of cortisone cream. If you ever get a rash on different parts of your body/very itchy all over then get the Aveeno oatmeal bath packets. I've been taking those kind of baths since i was little. They help so much. I hope this has helped! Good luck :]