Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
semitones

why can others abuse their body but not me?

A few years ago, I decided to make lifestyle changes. More exercise, no more junk/bad food, and good sleeping habits. And the results were very good. Acne decreased and as long as I maintain that level of health, the acne mostly stays away. But sometimes life gets in the way. Work has been really busy and that adds stress and less time for exercise. Girlfriend has been busy too and sometimes we have to meet late after work which means less sleep. And for the past month I've paid the price. Breakouts all over my face with the worst one being a cystic zit that popped last night. It seems that all the active acne has finally calmed down, but now there's the long healing process for the red marks.

And all this because I strayed just a little bit from being healthy. Mostly due to factors outside my control. It's not fair, my other friends can abuse their bodies much more with no ill effects. Why can they do that, but not me?

Yes it's true, everyone around me eat shit fats, fast food, basically just Shit SHit SHIts and SHITSSS.

For me?

No only i hide like a mouse for my red face, but i always got "say" by people i am so skinny.

C'mon i am just silm, i arent that tall, how fat ppl want to see on me?

Ridiculous.

Another thing is even i wish to eat fast food to become fatter to "please" those retards, i couldnt.

Thinking back i am all along eating so clean and healthy.

I eat tomatos, bananas, vitamin C, vegetables everyday. No sugar drinks, no chocolates no dairy no cheese no alochol no smoke.

I totally do undersatnd your pain and where you coming from.

Pardon and thanks for letting me rant here.

Argh.

The worst part is not about trying, but every trys you made let you realise it;s not working but people who arent trying got it all.

I posted a topic similar to this just as my acne was clearing up only I didn't even realize it was clearing up at the time due to some post-acne scarring.

It's my personal belief that the people who can seemingly eat anything and never break out aren't "free" from acne but they're somehow getting enough of the good stuff to counteract the acne. Or perhaps they're not eating enough of the bad stuff to make an impact on their skin.

One of my close friends is literally a garbage disposal. He eats anything and covers it in mayo and god knows what else but he has near perfect skin. I used to wonder how the hell can this kid get away with eating all that when I can't even eat a pizza slice without waking up next morning looking like the pizza I ate. Then I saw his eating habits at home and they were surprisingly different than how he ate outside of the home. At home his mother fed him pretty well. Lots of salads, vegetables, mushroom gravies and a buttload of seafood.

Our bodies are weird like that. You can abuse them and they do a remarkable job of keeping things in check sometimes.

@epuree: Coming from someone who went through one round of Tane, please try the natural way first and be strict with it before you throw your hands up in the air and get that prescription.

Edited by chunkylard
@epuree: Coming from someone who went through one round of Tane, please try the natural way first and be strict with it before you throw your hands up in the air and get that prescription.

I second that. Tane can really, really do some damage. It's a gamble honestly. It ruined me for a while. I was also in denial at the time, but I'm pretty damn sure my hair thinned out too. Horrible.

And everyone is different. I really hate that answer, but I can tell you from reading about the genetic predispositions to hyperkeratinization, over-proliferation of skin cells, immune responses and phenotypic symptoms expressed when in an inflammatory state, that is a part of our bioindividuality. That's the long way of saying everyone is different. Fortunately, acne can be one of those ills that can be easily remedied (more or less, the exception being the extremely severe states of acne). You can still be an extremely high-functioning individual with bad skin, neglecting maybe a hit on self-esteem perhaps.

It's not all bad news. Chin up. :)

Some people have better immune/digestive sytems, better functioning livers etc than others. It's just genetics in that way. I'm just thankful that it forces me to eat healthy. I dont gain weight from eating junk so I foolishly thought food didn't affect me. If it wasn't for acne, I'd probably eat crap for the rest of my life and then pay the price in old age with cancers and various other diseases that are fuled partially by poor diets.

Just take care of yourself from the inside out and treat yourself once in a while :)

What I always wondered was, are they internally just as unhealthy as the rest of us acne-sufferers, or is their body that much better able to handle what they consume?

I can deal with someone being able to have clear skin while still eating junk all the time, but it would kind of bother me if I knew I had to eat super-healthy just to maintain the same state of internal well-being that people who eat shit can have.

Sort of like, I benefit way less for more work.

Blame your parents, and their parents. My grandparents lived off sugar and bread, and my parents did that plus drank alcohol and smoked excessively. Not exactly the best genes to start from. If that trend continued with me, and then my children, our family line would die out eventually.

I'll refer to the cat study

Basically, one group of cats were fed natural foods they would eat in the wild, and one group was fed more "human" foods with flour and rice crap added to their normal meat. The natural group of cats, all maintained perfect health throughout their lives, and that continued for three generations. The group of cats fed humanised food, got diseases late in their lives, but died at about the same time. Here's where it gets interesting. The second generation of them got diseases in the MIDDLE of their lives, and then after that it all turns to shit, with cats dying at birth and all sorts of problems.

I think this applies to humans as well, and the widespread amount of degenerative diseases today are the evidence. Thankfully I think it can be reversed, we can "reprogram" our DNA, it just takes a bit of work. It might seem like tough luck, but if we didn't get acne we wouldn't be so informed. So while everyone around you slowly deteriorates through ignorance, enjoy the feeling of progression, even if you have to work harder.

Guest Timehealsall
I posted a topic similar to this just as my acne was clearing up only I didn't even realize it was clearing up at the time due to some post-acne scarring.

It's my personal belief that the people who can seemingly eat anything and never break out aren't "free" from acne but they're somehow getting enough of the good stuff to counteract the acne. Or perhaps they're not eating enough of the bad stuff to make an impact on their skin.

One of my close friends is literally a garbage disposal. He eats anything and covers it in mayo and god knows what else but he has near perfect skin. I used to wonder how the hell can this kid get away with eating all that when I can't even eat a pizza slice without waking up next morning looking like the pizza I ate. Then I saw his eating habits at home and they were surprisingly different than how he ate outside of the home. At home his mother fed him pretty well. Lots of salads, vegetables, mushroom gravies and a buttload of seafood.

Our bodies are weird like that. You can abuse them and they do a remarkable job of keeping things in check sometimes.

agree to disagree. i balance my diet as well. If i start eating massive junk food, i make sure i also eat healthy. Doesnt work that way buddy...

Blame your parents, and their parents. My grandparents lived off sugar and bread, and my parents did that plus drank alcohol and smoked excessively. Not exactly the best genes to start from. If that trend continued with me, and then my children, our family line would die out eventually.

Basically, one group of cats were fed natural foods they would eat in the wild, and one group was fed more "human" foods with flour and rice crap added to their normal meat. The natural group of cats, all maintained perfect health throughout their lives, and that continued for three generations. The group of cats fed humanised food, got diseases late in their lives, but died at about the same time. Here's where it gets interesting. The second generation of them got diseases in the MIDDLE of their lives, and then after that it all turns to shit, with cats dying at birth and all sorts of problems.

I think this applies to humans as well, and the widespread amount of degenerative diseases today are the evidence. Thankfully I think it can be reversed, we can "reprogram" our DNA, it just takes a bit of work. It might seem like tough luck, but if we didn't get acne we wouldn't be so informed. So while everyone around you slowly deteriorates through ignorance, enjoy the feeling of progression, even if you have to work harder.

That's odd, my sister has perfectly clear skin but eats way worse than I do.

That's odd, my sister has perfectly clear skin but eats way worse than I do.

True, there's more. My brother never got acne either, though he got fat, which I never did on the same diet, which is weird. There's also got to be a reason why some of the third generation cats died at birth but some still lived shortened lives. Bad luck? I don't know. I assume there's at least some random aspects to the exact genes you get from your parents, and which ones are weaker or stronger.

Edited by uncle buck

agree to disagree. i balance my diet as well. If i start eating massive junk food, i make sure i also eat healthy. Doesnt work that way buddy...

The multitude of people who have cured their acne but still indulge in crappy food and/or lifestyle choices from time to time would disagree with you.

So yes, it does work that way I'm afraid. Life is all about achieving a nice state of balance. It's like that with pretty much everything. Diet. Work. School. Play. Friends. Family.

If I was any more philosophical I might even make the connection that acne is symbolic of something being completely out of balance in a person's life. People don't just get acne for no reason at all. Our outside (skin in this case) is a very good indicator of how we're treating our insides.

It's not fair, my other friends can abuse their bodies much more with no ill effects. Why can they do that, but not me?

They are suffering ill effects. They just aren't acne prone.

What I always wondered was, are they internally just as unhealthy as the rest of us acne-sufferers, or is their body that much better able to handle what they consume?

Look around you at the sickly population of this country and most others who follow the SAD diet. There's your answer.

It is possible that you have an internal issue like digestion issues or thyroid that's a contributing factor that makes your acne worse and your diet needing to be more strict. There are many factors that can contribute: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Look around you at the sickly population of this country and most others who follow the SAD diet. There's your answer.

It is possible that you have an internal issue like digestion issues or thyroid that's a contributing factor that makes your acne worse and your diet needing to be more strict. There are many factors that can contribute: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Very true, even people who don't show signs on the surface can suffer internally just as much and lead to disease/early death.

I think I'm better off than lots of people on these boards that have to really restrict themselves (gluten, being an example). My problem is I've never gone maybe more than a week and a half sticking to a clean diet. I'm 19, I love free food (I get plenty a lot of opportunities for free food in my life), and sometimes I don't always pick the healthiest thing on the menu when I go out. But I keep my acne at a level that I'm happy with, and my kitchen is full of nothing but the best and healthiest foods.

Maybe I'll make it to a month sometime soon..