Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is B-50 the same thing as B-5? If so, screw that because B-50 contains soy.

Also, are there any other supplements out there for better skin? (Red marks are my main concern)

Edited by Smack'd

no offense, but this is aimed at generally anyone reading this.

why do the same myths KEEP getting passed around about acne, it seems to never die out, they are the viruses of the mind.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuump.

B-50? Where did the other 40 or so vitamins in between go haha?

Zinc is best to take on an empty stomach or separate from a meal with fiber. However a lot of people feel pretty nauseous after taking it on an empty stomach. Zinc Picolinate doesn't make me nauseous however and I hear L-OptiZinc is another good alternative.

B5 can be taken whenever, as long as it's taken with adequate amounts of water. In order to see any significant benefits from the B5 you're going to have to take a lot. And when I say a lot I mean a lot.

http://www.acne.org/vitamin-b5-reviews/52/page1.html

Edited by chunkylard

Ok thanks but I was thinking of buying the chelated(if thats how it's spelled) zinc pills, but how many mg of it? There's 50, then there's like 1,000?

Also, Would it be safe to take the 2? at the same time?

Edited by Smack'd

Forget B5, there's a risk of losing hair.. at 17 I don't want to have thinning hair or even a bald spot!!

Still planning to buy zinc though. 50mg of chelated kind and take them twice a day.. sound good?

These zinc pills say take only 1 once a day with a meal.. since they're only 50mg is it ok to take 2 a day?

100mg is a little excessive. It would be better to just break the pill in half, eat half at breakfast and the other half at dinner.

Please be careful with taking large doses of minerals or vitamins. Zinc displaces copper and you may become copper deficient over time.

Try to focus on food sources of zinc, which contain other synergistic minerals and vitamins for optimum absorption.

In fact, I think I'm going to opt towards L-OptiZinc. My only minor concern is that rice flour is present within the ingredients:

L-OptiZinc

How does this product sound to you folk?

In fact, I think I'm going to opt towards L-OptiZinc. My only minor concern is that rice flour is present within the ingredients:

L-OptiZinc

I stick with Zinc Picolinate because I can vouch for it's effectiveness. There are a few people on this board who have had success with L-OptiZinc. Go for one of those two forms of zinc. Everything else is pretty much not worth the money.

The meager amount of rice flour in it won't affect your acne.

L-OptiZinc

I stick with Zinc Picolinate because I can vouch for it's effectiveness. There are a few people on this board who have had success with L-OptiZinc. Go for one of those two forms of zinc. Everything else is pretty much not worth the money.

The meager amount of rice flour in it won't affect your acne.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

What about chelated zinc? And how many mg do you guys prefer? I'm taking 50mg of chelated zinc.