Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doodleme123

How do you feel with Acne?

I feel fatigue a lot of the time. I had my thyroid gland tested & the results came back normal. I also might add that I am very thin and find it hard to put weight on. I wonder if it's just a coincidence that fat people can have flawless skin. Just as thin people can have flawless skin, too, I suppose.

It pisses me off, but I'm kind of over it to be honest. Can't really be bothered to stress about it anymore. Freaked out about it for 13 years, it's time to give up.

I'll carry on treating it and hope it improves further of course, but otherwise I'm just going with the flow. :)

As for the weight thing, I don't think I've gained a pound in years. Technically I am noticeably underweight, but my doctor says I'm healthy so I guess it's alright.

Can eat whatever I like and never put weight on. My sister says she gains weight by simply looking at a chocolate bar and she hates me! :lol:

It's pretty interesting you say this because I feel really lethargic a lot of the time. I try to exercise a lot too, but still have fatigued muscles and cloudy brain lol I recently have taken up sorting my digestion out with cutting out dairy/soy and eating more veg and meat, fibre with the help of a few supplements, and feel better and my acne is much improved but still not 100%. I am heading towards full paleo, finally cutting out gluten/grains-this is hard though I usually eat bran flakes everyday and white bread often. I have heard great things about the diet, such as feeling much more energetic so I think it's definitely worth a try.

As for putting weight on, I am 6'1 and just over 10 stone, never put on weight really, but never tried. I want to gain weight over the summer but if I'm going to try the paleo diet, it seems near impossible!

ilynx - Wow, you're very similar to me there. I am 6 2'' tall & eat a lot of bread & have fruit & fiber for breakfast. Usually wheat & my diet consists of a lot of gluten in the foods that I eat. I find it hard to get out of bed in the mornings (Haha, I'm actually lying in bed right now, writing this reply using my phone). The Paleo diet you say, wow, me too! I already gave it a months trial in february this year, & I can tell you now, I had no acne & my skins appearance much improved. But my diet was very limited & I became very thin. I had moments where I felt better, but was hungry all the time. Right now, since a few days ago, I completely cut out milk & all dairy as well! I'm experimenting to see whether it makes a difference. So far, it hasn't whatsoever. Oh & I weigh 10 stone, usally 9.5 stone. 8 stone on the paleo 1 month trial. And yes, you're right - cutting out all grains is/was very hard, but I did do that for 1 month without cheating. Yeah, acne for 12-15 years has made me bitter & given me some backbone. I have that power to snap my fingers at will & drop anything like a brick. Actually, that's 1 good thing that has come out of having acne. That & leaning towards a healthier lifestyle, I suppose. Then again, boy what a stessful life it's been.

Edited by doodleme123

Acne is very humbling for sure. Just the other day i had a Saomoan tell me that if you pee on your face, it will get rid of it. He was full serious too. (I looked it up, don't try it) But I'm slowly learning to accept that as long as I'm not shying away from conversations, people will look at my eyes instead of my acne. And people who choose to judge me by my skin probably have things they don't want to be judged on. I can't be mad at someone for there ignorance. When I choose to have fun and enjoy myself instead of think about my face, my confidence grows dramatically and my face seems like such a stupid thing to worry about. But i would say that I'm 70% clear from Dan's Regimen. I've been on it almost two weeks. I'm sticking with the treatment. It will be good to be clear, but I hope to never loose the humility that acne gives me.

It pisses me off, but I'm kind of over it to be honest. Can't really be bothered to stress about it anymore. Freaked out about it for 13 years, it's time to give up.

I'll carry on treating it and hope it improves further of course, but otherwise I'm just going with the flow. :)

As for the weight thing, I don't think I've gained a pound in years. Technically I am noticeably underweight, but my doctor says I'm healthy so I guess it's alright.

Can eat whatever I like and never put weight on. My sister says she gains weight by simply looking at a chocolate bar and she hates me! :lol:

Yh, I'm underweight, too. It pisses me off but we end up just dealing with it. It's like a rollercoaster of a ride, so many ups & downs. I've hit rock bottom a few times and it's not very nice down there at all. Acne is very tiring. There's way too much information to get caught up in, with no simple solution. One of the hardest things is time, if changing or trying something else, to give it enough time. We all expect results in mere days, and so it's hard to give anything a decent amount of time to work. Keep it minimal, and gradually work on it, that's my advice.

I'm thin too. Have never had a weight issue except when I was going through a divorce and was on birth control and anti-depressants and drinking lots of yummy chocolate milk. I gained about 20 pounds. Then I was kind of at the high end of my weight range where I was starting to maybe get just slightly overweight, but everyone else still thought I was pretty skinny. I since have gone off both meds and have lost all that weight and then about 10-15 pounds I didn't mean to lose by trying to avoid acne causing foods. I'm now struggling to gain weight. I'd gladly take 10 pounds from anyone who doesn't want it, lol. In fairness, I haven't eaten any junk food since last July. I too have had my thyroid tested and it was normal but I'm tired. I think my fatigue might come from emotional causes. I'm wore out from stressing and being depressed.

When my acne was flaring up I was always tired. I agree with above that dealing with acne takes a lot of energy...it just saps the strength out of you. That and having to watch everything you eat...very tiring! Now that my skin is staying clear my energy level is coming back. I'm looking forward to each day --- amazing. And scary too since I don't want to return to the dark hole I was in for so long. I'm sure it was depression but I also think that when acne is flaring the whole body is inflammed and uncomfortable...like when you're sick. When I'm sick I get tired. The body is working overtime to try and heal itself.