Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnesucks33

Body acne take longer to clear?

180 days I've Been on this drug and it has cleared my face nicely but my face has never been a problem just a pimple here and there but I'm still breaking out in BIG PAINFUL nodules on my upper body. Does body acne take longer to clear than facial acne?

Yeah it does take longer. My face was cleared up completely by month 4, and now I'm on month 5 and my chest and back are almost done.

I think this is all because the chest and back are larger parts of the body. They get much much much bigger pimples if you think about it. To tackle the back and chest you may need a higher dose, especially if you are still having it this bad by the 6th month.

I remember my derm went on vacation for a week, and I had to take only 40 mg a day for a week, and what happened was I got a 3 inch wide internal cyst on my chest.

Edited by Sid S.

I'm in the same condition here,month four,my face skin is almost clear but my upper body is pretty bad,and it became this severe only when I started accutane.Sometimes I wish I never started it,cos my body acne is muuuch muuuch worse and I'm affraid of scarring