Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxt2u

Will the regimen work?? Help please!!

will the regimen work for me?

i have been using the clean and clear facial cleanser twice and a bp with 10% once a day

please help!!

post-149643-1304125242_thumb.jpg

post-149643-1304125246_thumb.jpg

post-149643-1304125253_thumb.jpg

post-149643-1304125242_thumb.jpg

post-149643-1304125246_thumb.jpg

post-149643-1304125253_thumb.jpg

Edited by nxt2u

I'm not sure how to determine moderate or severe. I thought I had severe acne, but after cruising the boards I realized mine was on the low side of moderate. Do you have cysts? I would guess your acne is on the severe side, but it's difficult to tell since you have scarring as well.

If you are using 10% BP gel, then the regimen should work for you. I have a very high sensitivity to BP. I had used the proactive facewash for years in highschool, but if I use BP now I have hives and itchy red patches. I was on the regimen for 2 months, which it was a nightmare how dry my skin was but it did clear up some spots. Then one day, I randomly got hives wherever I put it on.

I would say give the regimen a try. People may recommend accutane, but try the least invasive and method first. I did accutane and acne still came back. I would still use the regimen if I didnt have an adverse reaction.

Best of luck.

I think I would give the regimen a try and order the set.. Thanks for the replies!!

I think the bp(10%) I use worsens the whole thing..

Will the regimen help lessen the red spots? When I touch the red spots in my skin it is smooth no bumps

I'm not a professional but I would say severe seeing as I have moderate acne and mine isn't quite that bad. I think it's generally determined by the amount of cysts/nodules you have though. Or maybe it's the more severe end of moderate? No idea.

But for the red PIH scars, try mandelic acid, it's working a treat for me :)

It looks severe man i would go to dermatologist, i can feel your pain as well my skin was like that i wish you the best!!!!

From what I have heard (not from experience), the Regimen is not particularly effective on severe acne. If at all possible, I would look for a good derm and Accutane. That said, I don't see the Regimen HURTING your skin, so if you would prefer to go that route, it's likely worth a try.

I think the regimen would be a good start. My skin is pretty bad, and when NOTHING else has worked(including stuff from the derm, retin a, aczone, clyndamyacin, ziana) dans bp has always stood strong. However I have a strange form of acne so you never know. I say go for it, you have nothing to lose and I don't think it would hurt atall. After a couple weeks of using it skedule a dermotologist appointment. You normally have to wait a few weeks to get in. If your skin has not improved I would go see them, if it does you can cancel the appointment.

Also I know this is not what people ever want to hear but I would take a look at your diet. One of the biggest things that has helped me was revamping everything that I eat. It sucks, but Id rather have better skin.

thx for the replies!!

i really appreciate your guy's thought

i ordered dan's regimen and so far so good.. i hope this continues!