Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a derm appointment coming up. I'm going to ask for a prescription for Accutane. I have had acne since I was 13. My face would break out lightly (honestly was OK, I was a teen.) One day I woke up and realized I not only had acne on my face, but on my body as well. Body acne really hinders relationships and makes me hold back a little. I never want to go the the beach, for fear of the dreaded bikini. I never went to prom, never found a dress that I felt comfortable wearing and being seen in. I'm now 20 years old and the acne on my face just recently has been getting worse and worse. Anyway, I have tried many antibiotics, including tetracycline, minocylin, clyndamicin and a few I can't pronounce. I have tried Retin-A gel, Differen and BP creams. I even wasted some hard-earned cash on Proactiv. Nothing has worked for me and I'm ready to face the awful side effects of Accutane and hope to be clear for good.

Go for it Sadgirl. I've been researching Accutane quite a bit because the derm says she thinks my daughter will have to go on it at some point (very aggressive acne at a young age.) It sounds like very few people get really horrible side effects. My cousin took it at about your age and she said the only thing that bothered her was dry lips, but she just put lip balm on them all day long. It really worked well for her (and for 70 - 80 percent of people) after one course. Of course no one knows what your experience will be, but I think the odds are good! Good luck!

I want to go on accutane aswell.

I asked my friend today, because I could see all his scars from his acne when he was younger. He said he just took something called accutane for a couple of weeks, and he never saw a pimple again. I mean it would be great it would clear the acne, but also prevent it in the future.

I am also in your shoes.... I am hoping to see a derm. VERY SOON and talkin' to the derm. about Accutane... It's my last resort, because I've had acne since I was 14yrs old, and I will be turning 20 in a few months, so I'm pretty much at the same point you're at.... sad.gif

I wish you the best of luck with everything:) Let us know how everything goes:)

Kind of in the same boat. Have had acne since 15 and I'm 20 now. Been on antibitoics and BP for a few months now. But my GP thinks I'll need to see a dermatologist cos he said my acne should've just disappeared on its own by now. Especially considering that it started when I was 15.

Accutane looks like my last resort if what I'm currently on dont work.

Anyway, I wish you luck SADGIRL29. Hope your skin clears up soon.