Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epicdermis

Looking for Cleanser, Moisturizer with SPF

My derm just prescribed 0.1% adapalene gel (every night) along with clindamycin gel (applied in the morning). The adapalene isn't really drying my skin out or irritating it. I've only been on it for a couple days, and I can't tell how effective it is yet, but I feel like it's safe to use other soaps and stuff.

I use a salicylic acid-based soap in the morning before using the clindamycin. This dries my skin out a little I think, so I want a moisturizer with sun protection. Is it safe to use clindamycin with a moisturizer? If so, what order should I put them on in, and what's a good moisturizer with around SPF 15?

At night I want to use a gentle cleanser before the adapalene. I've read good things about Cetaphil, Spectro, and Noxzema (which my mom has always used). What are the differences between them, and any idea which might work better when I'm using adapalene?

I used to use Vitamin E oil at night and liked it, but I don't know when I could use it in this regimen.

And uhh, sorry this thread is sort of vague. I did search through these forums and read a lot of reviews, but I haven't found any topics about what to do with this treatment specifically.

Edited by epicdermis

A fantastic cleanser that I have been using for many years is Aveeno's Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser! I stuck with it during retinoids and even the super drying accutane! It's around 6-12 bucks, and it lasts for 9+ months. A very good deal!

Thanks; that and Aveeno's calming moisturizer both look pretty good. Has anyone tried both Aveeno and Spectro cleansers?

p.s. nice umbreon :3

I've tried a ton of moisturizers with SPF and most of them ended up being way too greasy or irritating. I started working with Eucerin and was able to try out their Everyday Protection Face lotion with SPF 15 and so far so good. It's scent-free and non-comedogenic so it (hopefully) won't cause additional break outs. It's about $9 at any drugstore.

Not a product recommendation but a product warning. Purpose moisturizer spf 15 worked badly for me. Didn't moisturize hardly at all, even after using a lot/applying a few layers on. And although it is oil free, it is still greasy. Smells very much like sunscreen and is the same texture, rather than a moisturizer mix.