Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bleekr

Almost month 3..

I've been on the regimen for almost 3 months, and lately my progress has just stalled. I'm close to clear for maybe one day then boom the next I got 2 small pimples.

I'm still in the habit of popping them. I feel disgusted when I have pimple that arnt popped, but I'm beginning to think maybe that is the cause for why I can't stay clear. I always get close to clear and am happier and then the next day or so I get 2 that hang around for a few days.

I'm wondering.. anyone else been in this position? Do you think my popping them is the reason I'm not clear? Is it okay if I just use a sterilized needle to pop them or is that still going to keep me in this position?

I know our bodys are different but I could really use some advice to ease my mind :/

Thanks!

Yeah it's hard not too pop pimples. Honestly mine go away faster when i do pop them. As long as i apply the AHA+ right after. So i don't think popping is the reason. It might be because your touching your face? Your not eating healthy, or drinking enough water?

Maybe I should add more details haha

I just use the basic 3 bottles of the regimen and haven't tried the other stuff (AHA, etc)

I'm male, 20. I eat healthy, workout 3-4 times a week. Use an electric shaver at a stubble type setting every two days or so.. don't clean it.. not sure if I need to? I don't use a lot of moisturized usually just a pump of the large bottle (I think it might be one of the new bottles that you use less pumps). A lot of the time the moisturizer is an after thought.. like I put it on an hour or 2 hours after I've done the others, like if I'm bout to goto work or something.

As far as touching my face, I think I do it less now that I'm on the regimen. When I do pop them what I have done is usually apply a small bit of BP to them after. Could that possibly do more harm than good?

Edited by Bleekr

Hmmmm, What about like Humidity? Sweat from when you work out? certain days when you eat chocolate or alot of unhealthy foods?

I actually don't sweat alot.. and my diet is pretty much the same everyday.. lots of boneless skinless chicken, protein bar.. fruit and vegetables. There are a few times a month where I'll be with friends and I am not too picky.. but mostly it's healthy

Holy shit man. Are you... me? Basic regimen (although I go easy on the BP these days), workout, chicken-based diet, light on the moisturizer as an afterthought, minimal touching, male, 20, shave every other day with an electric razor.

Kinda weird.

Anyway, I have the same issue. I found that when I was applying tons of BP I never broke out, but it dried my skin horribly and irritated it. So I use about a 3/4 finger length of the stuff and I get a few pimples every week. I also get these under-the-skin lumps which take a while to go away but are small and don't have heads.

Anyway, I guess we're in the same boat. I would recommend no touching at all (I'm bad about occasional touching), keep the diet up, and hope for the best. What more can a man do?

Yeah we do sound similar, not sure. I was thinking if I should see if I should get a doctor to put me on an antibiotic with the regimen? but I heard they only works as long as you take it (and wears off eventually)and I imagine it's expensive which my family can't really afford right now. Plus I was on accutane and believe it messed up my memory and I don't feel like I should go back on it.

Anyone else had similar problems and seen it clear up eventually after 3 months? I feel kinda disappointed right now feeling like its just stalled and this is the best my face will get with the regimen..

Edited by Bleekr

im a 19 yo guy, i work out and eat all organic foods, drink 10+ glasses of water a day, etc.

I started the regemin on jan 1st and im just now starting to stay pretty consistently clear.

i'd just give about another month or so. i know annoying it can be when youre clear, and then BAM! 3 pimples out of nowhere, then youre back to your self conscious self. it can be depressing!

i have stopped using electric razors though, since I think they were aggravating my face. now im on upscale disposable ones. works soooo nice.

so, keep on keepin on! you'll clear up real soon.

best of luck dude.