Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vst

turmeric review - redness/swelling

hey guys, i posted this last night so i'm just making a new thread on it.

hey all; new to the forum here

i just did the turmeric mask (teaspoon of power and water mix) and pasted it on my hyper-pigmentation spots and redness. I waited for 20 minutes and felt the mask harden, almost swelling my skin? I then took a shower with FAIRLY WARM water to wash off the paste using Clinique Facial Soap and immediate my face was RED and swollen even before the applying paste.

Did any of you guys see redness or swollen cheeks when applying this?

Thanks

*after a day, i saw a little sign of lightness in my skin. i will continue to do this but probably not as long as 20 minutes because the swelling was pretty bad. please let me know your insight and whether you've experienced redness as well. :ninja:

The First time i did it made my face red and a bit tender but never swollen, maybe you should leave it on for less time? Or stop using it all together, you might be allergic :/

hey dragonfly, thanks for replying to both here and my PM. :angel:

tonight will be my 2nd time using the mask and i'll only leave it on for 10-12 minutes. i see users leaving it on overnight and i think that's brutal to say the least! but hey, everyones skin is different!

i'll post how my 2nd application goes. :ninja:

Why don't you guys use gram flour(besan) or baking soda with the powder?? i leave it overnight.. EVERY NIGHT, it doesn't stain at all.. Just wash it towel then use my mild acne soap!

Why don't you guys use gram flour(besan) or baking soda with the powder?? i leave it overnight.. EVERY NIGHT, it doesn't stain at all.. Just wash it towel then use my mild acne soap!

So, do you make a mix of tumeric/baking soda, mix it with water and leave it on overnight?

So, do you make a mix of tumeric/baking soda, mix it with water and leave it on overnight?

I mix it with milk, cause I find it is easier to remove the stain when add turmeric powder to milk than add it with water. There are some other alternatives too, some people mix it with water, yoghurt, baking soda or even lemon juice. Just do some experiments and see which one suits you best :cool: . I do not leave the mask overnight cause it will stain my pillow case badly. While for the active acne i just do spot treatment.

update**

so i've tried tumeric for about a week straight now (prob missed a day or so) and i'm seeing some improvement in my redness and pih. heres how i apply it:

-power base with water

-put on affected areas only! left it on for 10 mins and NO MORE. my face feels kinda swelled up and redness starts to show.

-wash off in the shower with facial soap

-then apply some water serum on my face

BE CAREFUL! stained my sink countertop and I had to scrub it off. definitely a stainer!

but i will continue to use it. i hope to be clear and gone with pih by august or september. it's kinda hard cause i live in NYC and summer is coming up. so with the sun, i would have to avoid peak sunshine hours even though i wear spf 60.

anyways tumeric does heal! patience is the greatest virtue. i hope you all get clear being that acne affected my self-esteem and confidence and have done so to many. cheers guys

hey guys! i recently started applying a turmeric paste with cucumber juice to my face with for about an hour and a half everyday. i've never really had a problem taking it off, because i take a shower right after i'm done. i haven't really seen that much improvement yet, as my red marks are about 8 months old now, and i wanted to know some success stories that people have had? i heard that applying benyzol peroxide can prolong red marks, what are everyone's experiences with that? thank you!

update**

so i've tried tumeric for about a week straight now (prob missed a day or so) and i'm seeing some improvement in my redness and pih. heres how i apply it:

-power base with water

-put on affected areas only! left it on for 10 mins and NO MORE. my face feels kinda swelled up and redness starts to show.

-wash off in the shower with facial soap

-then apply some water serum on my face

BE CAREFUL! stained my sink countertop and I had to scrub it off. definitely a stainer!

but i will continue to use it. i hope to be clear and gone with pih by august or september. it's kinda hard cause i live in NYC and summer is coming up. so with the sun, i would have to avoid peak sunshine hours even though i wear spf 60.

anyways tumeric does heal! patience is the greatest virtue. i hope you all get clear being that acne affected my self-esteem and confidence and have done so to many. cheers guys

Congrats Vince!! So you have personally seen how it's healed some of ur acne??? :hifive:

hey guys! i recently started applying a turmeric paste with cucumber juice to my face with for about an hour and a half everyday. i've never really had a problem taking it off, because i take a shower right after i'm done. i haven't really seen that much improvement yet, as my red marks are about 8 months old now, and i wanted to know some success stories that people have had? i heard that applying benyzol peroxide can prolong red marks, what are everyone's experiences with that? thank you!

well mine haven't faded completely but there getting there. I started using the paste since feb. hopefully I'll be clear by fall... yeah BP does worsen PIH marks. I was desperate to find a good cleanser that i could use to replace the proactive one which i was using to simply wash my face. luckily i bought the cetaphil soap and the transistion was a success!! nvr going back to BP!!!

i used turmeric paste everyday for over a week...i might have seen some improvement but it wasn't that noticible

im on accutane so my skin is really sensitive

i think the amount of water i was putting on my skin was really damaging it so for the past few days i only washed my face in the mornings and at night i would just put on some extra jojoba oil instead of cleansing my face and that has helped a lot in a few days.

turmeric powder might just be another ACV, cucumber slices, egg whites, lemon juice etc...bullshit that other people swear by but don't really work. i've tried it all...none worked

Guest Timehealsall

i just did the tumeric mask thingy (but left it on for 20-25 minutes), and now i have an orange tint, and tumeric left on my face.

I am not going to scrub it off my face, as i have active acne atm.

If i just leave the orange stuff on my face, will it clog the pores and how long does it normally take for the turmeric orange discoloration to go away?

BTW, i think tumeric as a spot treatment works quite well (but ive only tested it for 2 days)