Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i have severe acne and lack of money i am 20 and my insurance will only cover 3 doc visit per year so i have no idea what to do. Because i work in the education system and its only part time i have no idea how to get my acne to get better except for not touching it and i been using the regimen but it really hasn't helped mush. and its been about 2 months. i just Tottally helpless and hopeless and i am kinda getting depressed. how do i deal with this...

Erik

If something isn't working, don't become stuck in it, do research/ask and find the best method for your skin, nothing will bring you happiness more than seeing improvement as apposed to status quo

I'm sorry man, I know how tough acne can be emotionally. I have heard some people say the regimen took them closer to two and a half to three months. Some people have luck with acnefree severe, I believe it's sold at WalMart. It's got benzoyl peroxide like the regimen and I think it also uses retinol. Or you could try a dairy free low glycemic diet to see if that would help in addition to the regimen. Do you have a regular doctor? Maybe call the doctor's office? Could you go to one doctor's visit and get antibiotics prescribed short term while you continue the regimen to see if that helps?

Don't worry dude, I can tell how you feel.

I also lack funds for medication because I'm still at school. Is there anyway at all too save a little bit of money during the weeks. I'm sure things like fast food can be taken away each week to save you some money. I personally slashed out games. Put this towards getting medication.

Also, like the man said, try different products and research for the type of skin you have. I know this story of a women who had servere acne for 4 years and she slowly documented her trial and errors. It was very insperational, I'll try and find it. For her, she needed fish oil and SA. But yeah, 3 years and now her skin is flawless. Quite amazing actually because it was really severe.

Also, don't give up hope. You said the BP regime hasn't helped much so is it atleast doing something? I remember the first time I was on it, it took 3 weeks of breaking out but I looked into the mirror one day and saw only 3 pimples from the crazy amounts I had slighlty go away. That was enough to push me on and it's been getting better day by day. I'm sure you've seen atleast some, if not a small amount of improvment.

Best of luck.

If you want the story, I can try and find it.

I like TheChosen Turkey's suggestion. If you could save funds a little at a time, medications like generic antibiotics aren't that expensive. I think WalMart has some on the $4 list.

Thanks to everyone that answered. Yea its been pretty bad but i decided i don't want to give up and trying fish oil and the regimen. also saving up money during the week. i am not sure what i am going to do but somehow i am trying to work it out. beacuse i really need acutane and i seen some progress but the cyst i have are just driving me insane and its so hard not to touch my face and just pop it. because when i accidentally do all i feel are bumps and its gross. but thank you soo mush to everyone who answered sometimes it feels like everyone in my life has clear skin.:(