Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suublime

Tretinoin 0.01% and oily skin? HELP:(

Im a 15 year old girl and i have moderate acne on my face and back. I also have hyperpigmentation. My doctor prescribed me with 0.01% tretinoin and a benzoyl peroxide cream more then a year ago. It has helped a little but no HUGE results. My face gets soooooooo oily during school and looks so shiny and greasy from the oil. I heard thats a side effect though? Anyways, it makes me look really gross. I have been using these products and have not seen really any results :/

So bottom line is:

How can i fix my oily skin problem?

Has anyone else not had much results after using it for a long time?

Hey Suublime :D

I am 23 years old and still have an oily face, I haven't looked into it too much on here...considering I want to focus on getting the acne down first! Do you wear makeup? I keep rice papers in my purse, blotting paper that soaks up the oil. I also use the bare minerals mineral veil, its a white/translucent powder that helps absorb oil. I have to frequently blot my face...fix my make up and then dust my face with mineral veil at school ha. But I don't care, it is what it is. How is your diet? I eat well and I still have a very oily skin, quite frustrating.

But it will pay off, while the others will worry about all those wrinkles, we wont, oily skin peeps usually don't get as many wrinkles when they age :dance:

Ask your derm about a cream called DUAC, it's Clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. It is shown that those ingredients together are more effective than bezoyl peroxide alone, it might help you more. Ask your dermatologist next time your in that your curious about it. Are you on an antibiotic as well?

I use a retinol at night and cleanse with a mild wash, you don't need a heavy wash that will aggravate your acne. I then use DUAC in the morning...under my makeup..it acts as a barrier between my skin and the makeup, and if you don't wear makeup..just where the DUAC in the morning at school. No one will know you have anything on your face. It's clear. I use it alone when I don't wear make up it's nice. :D

I hope this helps lady!

Hey Suublime :D

I am 23 years old and still have an oily face, I haven't looked into it too much on here...considering I want to focus on getting the acne down first! Do you wear makeup? I keep rice papers in my purse, blotting paper that soaks up the oil. I also use the bare minerals mineral veil, its a white/translucent powder that helps absorb oil. I have to frequently blot my face...fix my make up and then dust my face with mineral veil at school ha. But I don't care, it is what it is. How is your diet? I eat well and I still have a very oily skin, quite frustrating.

But it will pay off, while the others will worry about all those wrinkles, we wont, oily skin peeps usually don't get as many wrinkles when they age :dance:

Thanks for responding:))

The only make-up i wear is eyeliner and occasionally ill wear some mascara.

As for my diet, my parents and i have recently started to eat pretty healthy for my acne.

And for the oily skin, ill try that!

Thanks so much!!

Yea! No prob! Let me know how your doin. I'll update you if I find anything else that works to absorb the excess oil. :D

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl wut u need is milk of magnesia. u put some lotion on then put some of that over ur oily areas and then some makeup and ull look flawless.