Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading the boards lately on exfolating, and how it removes dead skin and what other crap that lingers on your face. I've heard some "tape" method and vinegar method and others, too. I was wondering what one is more efficient and how often and how exactly do i do it? thanks

thatkid, there are many different ideas on the ACV regarding diluted vs nondiluted you can check the archives in the scar forum and also the technique for the tape method. biggrin.gif

thatkid:

I use baking soda as an exfoliator. After I put the cleanser on my face - I get baking soda on my hands and rub it into my skin (gently) then I wash the soap and baking soad off.

I have also used a 50% water and 50% vinegar solution too. It was mainly for the red marks - it does seem to help but didn't seem to affect the acne in any way. However, if I have some scarring from acne I will use it in that area for awhile. It does have that strong odor so you may only want to use it at night.

May I suggest, if you don't already know this, that it is not necessary to buy those scrub pads - they can be a bit much. Gentle exfoliation is much more effective than some buff pad (especially if you use bp and it makes your skin sensitive).

I have never found a store bought toner that did any good. Harsh, full of chemicals and unnecessary fragrance and dyes.

I use my baking soda daily and the vinegar when I feel it necessary, though at first I used it every night.

Hope that helps.

My favorite product for exfoliation is St. Ive's Apricot scrub for sensitive skin. (Not the acne prone version)

The best thing I've used so far..

my sister uses st ives apricot scrub, she loves it!

I use clean and clear morning burst cuz it has some vitamin c in it too. I also do the "tape" method every now and then and I think it has helped some with the red marks.