Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessdell

First time dermarolling

Hi,

I just used my dermaroller for the first time yesterday. (It's a 1.5 mm). But I'm not sure I applied enough pressure. It kinda hurt, so I didn't do it hard enough for it to bleed or anything. Are the needles supposed to go all the way in? (Mine definitely didn't) I've been looking for answers but I keep just seeing "apply the right amount of pressure" and I'm not actually sure what that means. haha.

I want improvement, so I don't want to do it too lightly, but I don't want to do it hard enough to cause problems either.

My face just got pretty red afterward. Can anyone tell me specifics on pressure? And if I didn't do it hard enough, do you think it would be okay to redo it this week or do I still need to wait?

The needles have to go all the way in if you want any chance of breaking up scar tissue. One can't really describe in words how much pressure to apply. If you want good results, you'll have to draw some blood. Rolling needles hard over a scar probably won't cause more problems than there is to begin with unless you have very poor healing ability.