Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've had acne for going on, oh, 4 or 5 years now. it started off as a pimple here or there and has since evolved to acne all over. i've tried everything under the sun and i'm getting very, very frustrated!

i'm a pretty bad picker, i admit. usually i can go a day or two without picking, or maybe picking one or two pimples that are pretty ready to pop anyways. i do have days, unfortunately and semi-frequently, where i can pop any number of whiteheads before having to stop myself.

see, my problem is that i have whiteheads (and a few blackheads) ALL OVER my face. my cheeks, my forehead, my chin, my nose...heck, even under my chin. i also have whiteheads and black heads all across my shoulders. if i even scratch my skin there, some will come out and then will become inflamed. no matter what product i use, they NEVER go away. the current cleanser i'm using works pretty well to keep the redness down (provided i haven't gone on a picking binge) and keeps my skin from getting really super dry on my cheeks but that's about it.

the cleanser that's worked best (so far) is the one i'm currently using. i wash with the blemish-prone spectro jel twice daily, follow up with a witch hazel toner (that has splashes of lemon juice) and then either garnier 24hr moisturizer or avene spring thermal moisturizer. i occasionally do honey masks (usually every other night or every 2 nights) and i use baking soda to exfoliate either in some of the honey masks or just as a scrub. i also use biore nose strips occasionally.

i've tried monodoxycillin (I'm not even sure that's the proper name for it, it just sounds similar...), clindoxyl, clean and clear, neutrogena, biore, st.ives, noxzema, olay, phisoderm...the list goes on! i'm super frustrated and my acne has really brought my confidence level down, especially as many of the people i hang with have flawless complexions.

if anyone has any tips or solutions i'd be very glad to hear them! if youve ever had this sort of acne and have cleared it, even better! :D thanks ahead of time.

as a side note, these were taken at the very end of the day. i normally wear maybelline FIT me foundation (recently switched over to from covergirl all-day hydrating) and use physician's formula mineral loose powder.

post-148026-1303882803_thumb.jpg

and then links to the closer-up shots:

post-148026-1303882803_thumb.jpg

Edited by sseasea

Have you ever tried Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask?

It feels really refreshing and nice, and really helps to dry out my breakouts. Just make sure to moisturize well afterwards.

I wasted a lot of time on facial crap, but in the end it has to be tackled from the inside mostly. Check out the holistic acne.org forum.

Well well, a woman after my own heart. Or... acne type at least.

You can take the internal route or the external route really, and there are lots of options on each. One thing is for sure - you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket. My personal recommendation is to try and tackle the problem from within. Most people are extreme to different levels when it comes to this. Most say you should cut out dairy and drink lots of water. Personally I cut out pretty much all the crap from my diet and saw a 50% improvement in about two weeks. I am stuck at that point now, but it was almost certainly due to the diet.

I guess you don't want to hear this, since I never do, but you really don't look that bad. I know, I know, it doesn't make much difference unless you believe it. I'm just saying.