Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Howard Johnsons

Boy, do I feel stupid.

Wearing glasses and having an oily face don't do well for my nose. Especially near the nosepads, I've always been plagued with so many blackheads. Well, today, I think they caused me a hell of a lot of trouble.

I was washing my face with a cloth and scrub, when I decided to squeeze my nose as I washed my face. I thought "Well, maybe it might scrub down a little easier."

When I got the cloth out, I had good news and bad news:

Good news was that most of my blackheads had popped unexpectedly, and finally, I felt a little better.

The bad news was what were left behind:

Tons of little holes that I presume to be enlarged pores.

I've done some research that suggests the enlargement is permanent. This was by accident, but frankly, these pits look worse than just the blackheads.

Is there anything I can do? Is this indeed permanent?

Wearing glasses and having an oily face don't do well for my nose. Especially near the nosepads, I've always been plagued with so many blackheads. Well, today, I think they caused me a hell of a lot of trouble.

I was washing my face with a cloth and scrub, when I decided to squeeze my nose as I washed my face. I thought "Well, maybe it might scrub down a little easier."

When I got the cloth out, I had good news and bad news:

Good news was that most of my blackheads had popped unexpectedly, and finally, I felt a little better.

The bad news was what were left behind:

Tons of little holes that I presume to be enlarged pores.

I've done some research that suggests the enlargement is permanent. This was by accident, but frankly, these pits look worse than just the blackheads.

Is there anything I can do? Is this indeed permanent?

No way to shrink pores. Keeping your face moisturized can help reduce the look of them, but they'll always be there. Try not to worry about it, nobody's going to stare at your face up close.

If you pick at your pores, there's a possibility of pore follicle scaring that makes them larger.

Even when you get extractions done professionally you get open holes...and then they go back to looking normal at the end of the day.

I'm betting yours is just temporary.

Guest Timehealsall

wait so did your squeezing your nose cause these holes, or did rubbing a washcloth over your nose?

Do your blackheads come off relatively easy? Because mine come off with gentle/moderate massaging.

I think they will close.

they'll fill up again with blackheads sadly, mine always do after squeezing them.

Mine too! So, I've just stopped squeezing. The last time I had no blackheads was when my nose got sunburnt. They were all gone, but guess what. They're back!

I like to use Sal Acid scrubs and masks to make my pores less noticeable. They used to be the size of saucers. O_O If only there was a miracle product to permanently shrink pores.