Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that probiotics can be detrimental to leaky gut syndrome and other diseases that imply an impaired intestinal lining or off-balance g.i. tract

does that mean spirulina would be a bad idea for people with those issues because it's made of cyanobacteria?

thanks guys!

:think: Good question. I did a quick Google search on Leaky Gut Syndrome and Spirulina.

Beneficial Supplements for Leaky Gut Syndrome

First and fore most is Colostrum with Liposomal Delivery. Additional supplementation benefits can be found from: Natural digestive enzymes; aloe vera juice with a high MPS concentration; stomach acidity enhancing supplements - betain and pepsin, stomach bitters, apple vinegar amino acids; L-glutamine, N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG) Omega 3 essential fatty acids - milled flax seed, flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, olive oil, fish oils, black currant seed oil.; soluble fiber - apple or citrus pectin, the rice derived; carotenoids, vitamin B complex (especially B-12, 6 and biotin), vitamin C, E, zinc, selenium, germanium, antioxidants such as Coenzyme Q10, pycnogenols, grape seed extract, pine bark extract, bilberry; bioflavonoid, especially quercetin, catechin, hesperidins, rutin and proanthocyanidins ; various high chlorophyll containing green drinks that provide spirulina, chlorella and blue green algae, burdock, slippery elm, licorice root, ginger root, bismuth and bentonite.