Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Why dont babies get heart attacks?

newborns require 28 oz of breast milk the first 6 months of life

the average weight of a newborn is 7 pounds.

based on this data i have made all of my calculations to answer the question of why babies do not get heart attacks despite consuming 19 times the rda of saturated fat of a 150 pound adult, and 10x the amount of cholesterol compared to adults.

if we were to consume what a baby consumes, we would be getting 375 grams a day of saturated fat and about 3000 mg of cholesterol. crazy huh?

it really baffles the mind that they do not get heart attacks or something, dont you agree this is peculiar?another interesting fact is the most of the saturated fat in breast milk is lauric acid, and supposedly it raises hdl, which is responsible for keeping the arteries free of excess cholesterol, perhaps a partial reason. Lauric acid is the main saturated fat in coconut oil.

from this examination is suspect butter and animal fat , which is a diffrent kind of saturated fat, to perhaps be worse for the heart. as well as other factors that may be more important. but babys are healthy on breast milk, this we can verify.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Maybe because their organs/bodies are so new and clean?

I think it's also a fact that babies require completely different nutrients than adults.

There are also a lot of antibodies in breast milk, that fight infection and disease. So all of these combine just work, I guess :/

Babies metabolize food and nutrients differently than adults do. There are many physiological differences between babies and adults. Adults don't double their body size in a matter of a year, so they don't need all of that fat. The baby's body uses up that fat as energy.

Overall, adults just aren't babies. Think of all the growing they're doing in such a short amount of time. And all of the plaque build-up in an adult's arteries happens over a long period of time.

Btw...sometimes babies do have heart attacks...not from high cholesterol, but for other reasons they do.

Babies metabolize food and nutrients differently than adults do. There are many physiological differences between babies and adults. Adults don't double their body size in a matter of a year, so they don't need all of that fat. The baby's body uses up that fat as energy.

Overall, adults just aren't babies. Think of all the growing they're doing in such a short amount of time. And all of the plaque build-up in an adult's arteries happens over a long period of time.

Btw...sometimes babies do have heart attacks...not from high cholesterol, but for other reasons they do.

i was reading more and babys double their weight in the first six months, so yes this is not comparable to an adult. they are very well using all that fat and cholesterol to build new cells, instead of it being mishandled and being deposited on the artery wall.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Babies are different than adults.

Anyways, saturated fats and dietary cholesterol don't cause heart attacks. There are tons of intricate factors ranging from triglycerides, exercise, lifestyle, antioxidants, blood sugar, genetic predispositions, inflammation, sleep, stress levels, emotional state blah blah blah that all contribute to a state conducive for a heart attack. Saturated fats and dietary cholesterol have been attacked and presumably lowered in the average diet (low/no fat everything, considered "healthy") and heart disease has been on a continual rise over the years.

newborns require 28 oz of breast milk the first 6 months of life

the average weight of a newborn is 7 pounds.

based on this data i have made all of my calculations to answer the question of why babies do not get heart attacks despite consuming 19 times the rda of saturated fat of a 150 pound adult, and 10x the amount of cholesterol compared to adults.

if we were to consume what a baby consumes, we would be getting 375 grams a day of saturated fat and about 3000 mg of cholesterol. crazy huh?

it really baffles the mind that they do not get heart attacks or something, dont you agree this is peculiar?another interesting fact is the most of the saturated fat in breast milk is lauric acid, and supposedly it raises hdl, which is responsible for keeping the arteries free of excess cholesterol, perhaps a partial reason. Lauric acid is the main saturated fat in coconut oil.

from this examination is suspect butter and animal fat , which is a diffrent kind of saturated fat, to perhaps be worse for the heart. as well as other factors that may be more important. but babys are healthy on breast milk, this we can verify.

Its because dietary intake of both have NOTHING to do with blood cholestrol, the body just doesn't work that way.

I have heard that the underlying cause of heart attacks (atherosclerotic plaque) is caused because in inflammation in the body. In fact, "silent inflammation" is the worst kind of inflammation there is and is what causes the aging process.

My ill-informed 2 cents: By drinking breast milk, babies are on a diet that nearly eliminates all foods that that cause inflammation. Our Standard American Diet is full of inflammatory foods and raises our risk of heart attacks by 80%.

For example:

A large percentage of people are sensitive to nightshade vegetables which are INFAMOUS for causing inflammation and arthritic pain. Nightshade vegetables are potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and Americans (who are at very high risk of heart disease) are stuffing themselves with French fries, potatoes, tomato sauces, ketchup. Babies are not exposed to the vast amounts of nightshades in the breast milk.

Another example: Gluten sensitive/intolerant babies (who grow up to be adults with a 3x higher risk of dying early) aren't exposed to vast amounts of gluten grains in the breast milk. However, studies have found that gluten-sensitive children have a much higher risk of having childhood cancers (some as early as 3 years) and seem to develop these cancers within 2 years of starting a diet based on gluten. I have read that some doctors were able to turn such cases around by putting the children on very strict gluten-free diets.

So I don't think it has to do with their bodies being so "fresh" and "perfectly functioning." It may be because the breast milk removes the great majority of inflammatory and "poisonous" foods from their bodies which would certainly help the body run more optimally no matter what the health issue.

Edited by Dotty1

Plus, they are babies. Feed them a bunch of crap, and they still won't have heart attacks.

Most kids eat crappy diets filled to the brim with inflammatory foods, and yet we don't see 6 year olds dropping from heart attacks. Heart disease, as most diseases prevalent in adults, is degenerative, which takes time to develop through inflammation and things as simple as age (wear and tear).

Heart disease, as most diseases prevalent in adults, is degenerative, which takes time to develop through inflammation and things as simple as age (wear and tear).

A lot of aging is due to unhealthy lifestyle and inflammation. You don't have to get feeble and decrepit.

Edited by alternativista

Heart disease, as most diseases prevalent in adults, is degenerative, which takes time to develop through inflammation and things as simple as age (wear and tear).

A lot of aging is due to unhealthy lifestyle and inflammation. You don't have to get feeble and decrepit.

Sure, and a lot of aging is due to time and wear and tear. I never mentioned the word feeble or decrepit.

The oxidation of cholesterol particles in the bloodstream appears to be the first and fundamental event that leads to the formation of plaque on artery walls. THINK: antioxidants!! ;)

Furthermore, before you go assuming that drinking WHOLE milk is bad, don't forget the rat-feeding experiment in the 1960's (Driezen and colleagues) which showed that the rats who were fed only skimmilk were the ones who developed severe atherosclerosis, not the ones who were fed whole milk and mineral supplements.

Furthermore, before you go assuming that drinking WHOLE milk is bad, don't forget the rat-feeding experiment in the 1960's (Driezen and colleagues) which showed that the rats who were fed only skimmilk were the ones who developed severe atherosclerosis, not the ones who were fed whole milk and mineral supplements.

Another study showing lower incidence of CVD in adults consuming full-fat dairy vs. those consuming low-fat dairy.

"There was no consistent and significant association between total dairy intake and total or cause-specific mortality. However, compared with those with the lowest intake of full-fat dairy, participants with the highest intake (median intake 339 g/day) had reduced death due to CVD (HR: 0.31; 95% confidence interval (CI): 0.12–0.79; P for trend=0.04) after adjustment for calcium intake and other confounders... A possible beneficial association between intake of full-fat dairy and cardiovascular mortality needs further assessment and confirmation."

Sure, and a lot of aging is due to time and wear and tear. I never mentioned the word feeble or decrepit.

So? Feeble and decrepit is what most people become, due to their diet and lifestyle. But you can still be fit and active at 100.

Contrary to what the government tell us, cholesterol and saturated fat is not to be feared, but actually good for us. Stay away from all those grains and vegetable oils. All this processed junk and low fat diets are the culprit of heart attacks.

Arent a lot of processed foods high in saturated fats? Might it just be more those being very bad? I dont know what kind of saturated fats are in processed foods :think:

Also unhealthy animals = unhealthy fats? But I understand that this is all speculation and that there is no real science on this. (or are there studies showing organic meat is healthier/having better nutrition content?)

I would still say its safest not to eat red meat. And make sure you get enough other fats in besides animal.

ps. Also is this really a good example. I mean babies? They are a lot younger. Age might be a huge factor. Also other environmental factors (smoking, overweight, toxins, sedetary lifestyle). If you had 40+ people on only breast milk diets it would be a better example :P

EDIT: I also would like you to respond to a comment of my in a previous tread. It was on dietary cholesterol. It basically was you saying dietary cholesterol is bad for you and I posted these studies, that as far as I remember didnt show a link between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol,CD risk:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21130293

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19751443

http://blog.tmu.edu.tw/d301090006/A%20Pros...Consumption.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17092383

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18991244

Edited by joris

Arent a lot of processed foods high in saturated fats? Might it just be more those being very bad? I dont know what kind of saturated fats are in processed foods :think:

Also unhealthy animals = unhealthy fats? But I understand that this is all speculation and that there is no real science on this. (or are there studies showing organic meat is healthier/having better nutrition content?)

I would still say its safest not to eat red meat. And make sure you get enough other fats in besides animal.

ps. Also is this really a good example. I mean babies? They are a lot younger. Age might be a huge factor. Also other environmental factors (smoking, overweight, toxins, sedetary lifestyle). If you had 40+ people on only breast milk diets it would be a better example :P

EDIT: I also would like you to respond to a comment of my in a previous tread. It was on dietary cholesterol. It basically was you saying dietary cholesterol is bad for you and I posted these studies, that as far as I remember didnt show a link between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol,CD risk:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21130293

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19751443

http://blog.tmu.edu.tw/d301090006/A%20Pros...Consumption.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17092383

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18991244

The health of the animal is very important. A grassfed cow will have the right fat ratio higher in omega 3's. Free range chickens, free from being fed soy and corn will have the nutrition. Alot of people will be allergic to an egg that came from a chicken fed soy or corn, if they have a soy allergy ( which most people do) A lot of the time these people tolerate free range eggs (from chickens that ate bugs and grass etc. Organic Virgin coconut oil is all saturated fat and so good for you. Animal fats are great to incorporate into you diet, but the source of the animal is what will determine whether or not it is good for you. Factory farm animals WILL make you sick. These meats are also filled with antibiotics and hormones.

I get my oil from Tropical Traditions.

My meat from the Amish, or Uswellnessmeat, or sometimes whole foods. IMO Red meat is a wonderful source of protein, granted it is grassfed. Look into Weston Price for truth about cholesterol and saturated fats. These fats are all very healing to the body and the gut.

Conclusion: not all fats are created equal. Stay away from vegetable oils. Meat and eggs are not be be feared granted they were raised the way nature intended.

There's plenty of research, I read this book, is very eye opening.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/087...ef=pd_bbs_b_2_1

Edited by Nightlilly89

nightlilly I dont count books as real research. They are better then nothing. But still its more speculation than "fact".

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (didn't feel like reading, sorry :P) but babies are much smaller than adults. Thus, their blood vessels are shorter, which means lower resistance to blood flow, which means less peripheral pressure. Their hearts don't have to work as hard to pump blood through their circulatory systems.

Edited by epicdermis

So? Feeble and decrepit is what most people become, due to their diet and lifestyle. But you can still be fit and active at 100.

So what? What does that have to do with subject of babies and heart attacks? You are on the wrong end of the spectrum there.

nightlilly I dont count books as real research. They are better then nothing. But still its more speculation than "fact".

What the hell?

Many books on nutrition and such subjects are based on scientific research and studies along with experiences (depneds on the author, ones written by doctors will have experiences with patients and treatment).

Please share what "real" research is, then.

Edited by Ariventa

peer reviewed studies.

The thing with books is: Ok they often offer studies (refer to). But often conclusions are made to quickly. Studies can be picked easily. And you can lie how much you want in books because they are protected in some legal way.

Dont get me wrong. Some books are great. But some are not. And thats the problem.

I'm definitely not saying a book tells you the truth. The dentist who researched isn't preaching his truth. He traveled the world to indigenous people with good health and studied them and their lifestyle, and most importantly their teeth. It's not so much research in a lab, but observing what does work for people. Whatever you take away from it is your choice. But it's definitely interesting to see what we are taught today about health, and how contrary it is compared to how people lived their lives before the food industry took over everything including the medical doctors, and media. I mean look what we feed kids in schools, and just look at the food pyramid.

What I got out of it is a lot of foods that are now vilified were great sources of nutrition for these people for hundreds of years. Why now is lard and butter replaced by Margerine (i can't believe its not butter) and crisco, and vegetable oils. Because of money and propaganda by big corps who don't care about your health. that's why.

Edited by Nightlilly89

peer reviewed studies.

The thing with books is: Ok they often offer studies (refer to). But often conclusions are made to quickly. Studies can be picked easily. And you can lie how much you want in books because they are protected in some legal way.

Dont get me wrong. Some books are great. But some are not. And thats the problem.

Okay, same goes with studies. I would wager that the majority of studies possess financial bias (funded by a company that seeks to profit from a positive review, or if funded by a competitor, negative results). Studies are hopelessly shortsighted, in regards to health, because they seek to isolate causes in a holistic system, which will NEVER yield significant results. This is why so many studies use massive doses of vitamins or a certain supplement because often this is the only way to achieve any appreciable results. If it does not, then they just go to the old standby "results were inconclusive.

"Dont get me wrong. Some books are great. But some are not. And thats the problem." Okay, that basically describes everything in life, including "real" research. The filled in cracks, the connections are the vital parts, which is exactly what books strive to do, and what everyone on this forum strives to do. On their own, studies and "real" research are absolutely meaningless because the real world is not a lab; it is not some test tube or study where variables are dismissed or not even accounted for (how many nutritional studies account for sleep, or stress levels, or emotional state, or exercise or...)

I don't think a single person (there may be someone) on here has ever cleared their acne or made themselves healthier by reading a study or applying the results from one single study or even a bunch of studies. But many people have cleared their acne from sharing ideas and experiences, from making connections between all the pillars of health, by reading books which seek to help draw those conclusions; THAT is the stuff, the glue, that holds all these studies together and gives them any value.