Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How bad is my acne? Most of what's in that picture is just red marks of a bad breakout (worst in a while) I had about a week ago.

I've had it since I was like 15, I just turned 20.

I've basically used Dan's regimen since I first had it, but haven't used his products.

I've tried Proactive, Acne Free, Salicylic acid, I've also tried doing nothing at all, thought I was the cause, and I still broke out just the same as if I did something.

Also tried Differin.

Never been to a derm, although I'm contemplating going. My GP gave me the Differin. I'm starting to get sick and tired of this.

Even though it's not super bad, it still kills my self esteem and I have a low self esteem to begin with so, please help me out.

I get a few whiteheads, some blackheads, Papules & Pustules ... basically the whole 9 yards ... and I do get cysts sometime, very rare, and they're barely noticeable because they get so under then skin, so I don't sweat about them.

Right now I do BPO 2x a day, along with washing and moisturizer. I use neutrogena acne face wash bar for washing, and Olay sensitive skin moisturizer. I also just started taking fish oil & zinc. They seem to help a bit with the inflammation.

Please help me with my acne.

I'm going out, but I'll be back in less then an hour, just encase anybody responds and I don't answer right away.

post-69351-1303837580_thumb.jpg

post-69351-1303837593_thumb.jpg

post-69351-1303837580_thumb.jpg

post-69351-1303837593_thumb.jpg

I say that is light. By when you say that you tried doing nothing, does that mean no water too? For how long? I haven't washed even with water for about 25 days and my face looks and feels a lot better. Each week only seems to be better than the last one and now I only get like one kind of 'bad' day a week and the rest of the days are good without me really worrying. I had such a good week that I even tried to break out by masturbating twice a day this past weekend, haha. My face held on well while doing it so I wanted to see how far I could push it. I ended up getting some odd tiny whiteheads on my lipline yesterday, which are now gone.

With this method my tone stays the same because I am not messing with it at all. Also you tried bp for what seems like years. Doing nothing is not going to work in a couple weeks after using that harsh addictive chemical. You need to stick it out for months to get good results to stop confusing your skin on what you are doing to it everyday (ie drying and irritating the hell out of it). The chemicals end up doing the job that your skin should do on its own and is why you are going to breakout once you stop - it has become defenseless and has forgotten how to function like it used to.

When you treat it, acne controls you. When you don't, you are able to control it.

Edited by floatingrhythm

I say that is light. By when you say that you tried doing nothing, does that mean no water too? For how long? I haven't washed even with water for about 25 days and my face looks and feels a lot better. Each week only seems to be better than the last one and now I only get like one kind of 'bad' day a week and the rest of the days are good without me really worrying. I had such a good week that I even tried to break out by masturbating twice a day this past weekend, haha. My face held on well while doing it so I wanted to see how far I could push it. I ended up getting some odd tiny whiteheads on my lipline yesterday, which are now gone.

With this method my tone stays the same because I am not messing with it at all. Also you tried bp for what seems like years. Doing nothing is not going to work in a couple weeks after using that harsh addictive chemical. You need to stick it out for months to get good results to stop confusing your skin on what you are doing to it everyday (ie drying and irritating the hell out of it). The chemicals end up doing the job that your skin should do on its own and is why you are going to breakout once you stop - it has become defenseless and has forgotten how to function like it used to.

When you treat it, acne controls you. When you don't, you are able to control it.

I went about a week without doing anything. I broke out and thought it wasn't doing anything, so I put some more BP on and broke out more. I just washed my face with cold water. I didn't put anything on it. My face is so dry, it feels like leather. I don't have to go anywhere for a few days, I do have work on Thursday. I won't put anything on it, hopefully the dryness will calm down a bit. I'm gonna try this for a month, see how it goes. Can I put aloe on my face to sooth the dryness?

Aloe vera (the plant itself) is good for the skin but if you are to try this I would not put it on your face. Your face should come to homeostasis in time when you are not messing with it anymore (this means no water too because water can still be mildly drying but of course it is not forever just until it can handle it more). I don't think trying it for two days will really give you any benefit. It needs to be a commitment thing where you are no longer going to be controlled by it and just let go. As I have said before, I have read that for people who abused their skins for years this can take up to a year but each month you will see improvement. Look up AlexAlmighty, Jan Carlo, Waterwater, daanzell and read their topics. If you at least want the face you had before treating it I would say this is the way to go. BUT it will take time to get back to that. If your parents do not have scars then I am almost 100% confident this will work for you since you are supposed to inherit their skin type and defenses.

I used water only for months which I guess I can now see it was like a transitioning 'product' to doing nothing at all, so you may need some kind too unless you want to just jump cold turkey into it. Look up the guys that I mentioned above for reference.

Edited by floatingrhythm

Aloe vera (the plant itself) is good for the skin but if you are to try this I would not put it on your face. Your face should come to homeostasis in time when you are not messing with it anymore (this means no water too because water can still be mildly drying). I don't think trying it for two days will really give you any benefit. It needs to be a commitment thing where you are no longer going to be controlled by it and just let go. As I have said before, I have read that for people who abused their skins for years this can take up to a year but each month you will see improvement. Look up AlexAlmighty, Jan Carlo, Waterwater, daanzell and read their topics. If you at least want the face you had before treating it I would say this is the way to go. BUT it will take time to get back to that. If your parents do not have scars then I am almost 100% confident this will work for you since you are supposed to inherit their skin type and defenses.

My parents never had acne or pimples. They had completely clear skin throwout their lives. I guess you can say I'm the first. My aunt, however, my mom said she had sever acne when she was in her teenage years, but my face is not even close to how my aunts was, she said.

yeah I am pretty much the same as you then. Not even my brothers and sister have it. lol I have a brother that is 15 and he is clear which sometimes I feel embarrassed about since I am in my early 20s. Just seriously, products are NOT the way to go. The market in them is really smart in making your acne worse for you to get as pissed off and blow more cash on more products. The best thing is to just wait it out and not get in the habit of treating and facing it everyday. I never cared about my skin when I only had a few and never treated it. Once I did treat it I started caring about it and changing my diet. Though I guess being more conscious about what I put in my body nowadays is a good thing I think.

This is a great read too:

http://kissacnegoodbye.blogspot.com/

Good luck, and try to let go sometime soon. Don't you think 5 years is enough?

Edited by floatingrhythm