Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 25 year old male, I have had acne since i was 15. The acne is certainly less severe than when i was a teenager, but I still have breakouts. Ive never had fewer than 3-4 cystic or whiteheads on my face at any given time.

I was always a healthy eater (no sweets except on special occasions, almost never drink alcohol, eat fruits veggies and lean meat etc.) However a year ago I realized that I was lactose intolerant and I started to buy lactose free milk. I continued to eat cheese on sandwiches. After a few months of doing this, I still had bloating and gas after eating. I decided to cut dairy out completely (partly because of what i read on this forums about the negative effects of dairy). My acne improved a little bit and my gas and bloating was reduced by 75%.

I wanted to know why im still bloated and gassy. After some research i decided to eliminate GLUTEN and it worked, No more gas and bloat! GREAT. So i expected my acne to get much better. I also determined that since i am intolerant to lactose AND gluten, that i must have some sort of digestive problem. I have always taken fish oil supplements and a multivitamin. I bought a probiotic, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin D, and Zinc and started taking them all about 10 days ago.

During these past 10 days, I have about 10 new breakouts, mostly all on my forehead. This is the worst that it has been in YEARS. I'm not sure what im reacting to. I suspect that it may be the probiotic, so i am going to not take it for a few days to see what happen. I have also heard that this is a "cleansing process or a detox process" that my body is going through but im not sure im convinced.

Please give me some input on what is going on. Thank You!!

Edited by immax01

I am a 25 year old male, I have had acne since i was 15. The acne is certainly less severe than when i was a teenager, but I still have breakouts. Ive never had fewer than 3-4 cystic or whiteheads on my face at any given time.

I was always a healthy eater (no sweets except on special occasions, almost never drink alcohol, eat fruits veggies and lean meat etc.) However a year ago I realized that I was lactose intolerant and I started to buy lactose free milk. I continued to eat cheese on sandwiches. After a few months of doing this, I still had bloating and gas after eating. I decided to cut dairy out completely (partly because of what i read on this forums about the negative effects of dairy). My acne improved a little bit and my gas and bloating was reduced by 75%.

I wanted to know why im still bloated and gassy. After some research i decided to eliminate GLUTEN and it worked, No more gas and bloat! GREAT. So i expected my acne to get much better. I also determined that since i am intolerant to lactose AND gluten, that i must have some sort of digestive problem. I have always taken fish oil supplements and a multivitamin. I bought a probiotic, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin D, and Zinc and started taking them all about 10 days ago.

During these past 10 days, I have about 10 new breakouts, mostly all on my forehead. This is the worst that it has been in YEARS. I'm not sure what im reacting to. I suspect that it may be the probiotic, so i am going to not take it for a few days to see what happen. I have also heard that this is a "cleansing process or a detox process" that my body is going through but im not sure im convinced.

Please give me some input on what is going on. Thank You!!

There may be a good chance that you have a leaky gut and the probiotics are causing you to break out. Stop the probiotics if you can to see if your skin improves. Breaking out on your forehead can relate to your small and large intestines.

It would be a good idea to get a food allergy test done. You may have an allergy to milk or other foods.