Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SarahKilometers

How do you answer the visible side effect questions?

I use Retin-A Micro .04% . I used it often during last fall and took a break during the winter.

Currently, I am using it again and not having as many side effects ( very red days, constant face dandruff ) but still some. What I struggled with before were all of the questions about my face from people in the office. Was I upset? Did I need a really good sunscreen? Etc. Most of my co-workers in my immediate area, that I know well, were very kind about it (They were given the full story by me!). I often found clipped articles and products they purchased for me on my desk plus the constant reassurance.

Most of the questions came from office acquaintance's I didn't feel comfortable explaining it all to. Does anyone else run into this? How do you answer the questions without coming off defensive and/or rude? I understand they are perhaps concerned ( or more likely nosey ) but really bad redness/flake days are only made more frustrating by the constant questions. Thanks.