Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Folk

Bacne!! I would like to get some advice!!

I'm a 26 years old male, I have been suffering of bacne for 6 years, also I have acne on my chest and some on my arms, I have tried several antibiotics and several treatments, like isotretinoin aka accutane (I couldn't stand the side effects), antibiotics (Clindamycin, Erythromycin, tetracyclines), Benzoyl peroxide, topical retinoids, salicylic acid, azelaic acid. Well the only thing that actually works for me is bactrim, I used it for a year and when I stopped the acne just came back. However I just realized I couldn't be taking bactrim forever, it gave me bloated gut and horrible abdominal pains.

It's been almost two months since I stopped using bactrim, and I've been taking probiotics and 50mg of zinc daily, also I cut dairy so I replaced it with soy milk. Moreover I use sulfur soap, I have seen some results and it seems to help a lot with big cysts; sometimes I combine it with BP but they dry my skin too much.

Well.... thx for reading

any advice is welcome.

post-147505-1303793589_thumb.jpgpost-147505-1303793628_thumb.jpg

post-147505-1303793589_thumb.jpg

post-147505-1303793628_thumb.jpg

Hey Folk,

Your back doesn't look that bad, really, but I know what your dealing with, its frustrating as hell. I am currently trying out apple cider vinegar with tea tree oil mixed together ratio 1:1...but I might add water. Tonight was the first time I tried it. But I put the solution on undiluted, I think it will be fine considering I am quite oily.

I started getting back acne and a little bit on my chest a year ago. I believe it was from a side effect from Doryx...because I had never had that problem before. Way lame. Now I am also on Bactrim and haven't noticed my skin getting worse, yet I am still waiting for improvement. It's only been a month.

I am also interested in the body kit on this site. Seeing the results is amazing. It's expensive though. I've been trying to cultivate my money tree for some time now, but I keep buying the wrong soil. ha ;) damn.

Good luck!

Oh I also tried head and shoulders but it didn't work for me. Maybe it will work for you...the zinc in it helps fight infection and bacteria. But you have to get head and shoulders classic clean shampoo..suds it up on a loofah and let it sit for a while....then rinse off. A LOT of people found success with that. Definitely worth a shot.

Hi Melie, I had heard of apple cider vinegar, it is kind of hard to find it here though, however I'm going to do a thorough search and maybe I can get some. Anyways I hope it works for you. In the meantime I'm going to try H&S.

Btw Bactrim is a good antibiotic I saw results in just one week, and my skin was so smooth in two weeks, unfortunately acne came back when I stopped taking it, it has draw my attention that you haven't noticed any improvement, although you should give it more time.

Thank you for the advice!

I noticed in your list of products that you have tried, that you didn't list glycolic acid.

I used acne.org's AHA+ on my back with great results. It stopped any new breakouts very quickly. I used the body buddy to apply it. I used it on my chest as well, but it didn't seem to work there, so I cleared that using BP.

I used the AHA+ every day for the first few weeks, & now use it every other day. I hope it will also reduce the years of PIH that have built up as well.

post-144217-0-24980400-1318366206_thumb.

post-144217-0-24980400-1318366206_thumb.

Edited by Manticore

Manticore:

I did list that I am curious about the kit on this site...because I saw your pictures haha and the drastic improvements in some people! I have used AHA 10% in the past...maybe I wasn't consistent enough. Plus I was trying out too many products on my back like a mad woman. But I am Definitely curious about Dans Regime for Back Acne. Whats the body buddy?

Folk:

Yea try the head and shoulders! Hm, maybe you can get the vinegar at Amazon?? I get Braggs Organic Unfiltered Apply Cider Vinegar. Long name I know ha. I didn't use the solution yesterday...I was frustrated with school, my skin and life but I will do it today when I get out of the shower. And keep with it this time. I am giving the drug time...it's hard to be the guinea pig, I hate being the robot that has to try all these different drugs that even the doc has no idea how it will react in my body, or even work. It's all trial and error. But I am sure dorxy fucked me up...I broke out so bad last year, it was so gross. :cry: Maybe its karma? chaaa

Well, keep me posted! And have a lovely day guys!

Manticore:

I did list that I am curious about the kit on this site...because I saw your pictures haha and the drastic improvements in some people! I have used AHA 10% in the past...maybe I wasn't consistent enough. Plus I was trying out too many products on my back like a mad woman. But I am Definitely curious about Dans Regime for Back Acne. Whats the body buddy?...

The body buddy is sold by Daniel Kern to help apply topical products to your back.

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/buddy.htm

There are a few reviews about it here:-

http://www.acne.org/body-buddy-reviews/399/page1.html

Edited by Manticore

Manticore:

I did list that I am curious about the kit on this site...because I saw your pictures haha and the drastic improvements in some people! I have used AHA 10% in the past...maybe I wasn't consistent enough. Plus I was trying out too many products on my back like a mad woman. But I am Definitely curious about Dans Regime for Back Acne. Whats the body buddy?...

The body buddy is sold by Daniel Kern to help apply topical products to your back.

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/buddy.htm

There are a few reviews about it here:-

http://www.acne.org/body-buddy-reviews/399/page1.html

Manticore- Have you ever gone on accutane, or is your back clear from Dan's regime only?

Manticore- Have you ever gone on accutane, or is your back clear from Dan's regime only?

I have never taken accutane.

My back acne was mild/moderate, but I have had it for decades, so there is a lot of PIH left. Unfortunately, I haven't got any "before" photos of my back to compare.

Because of the bleaching effect of BP, I tried using just AHA+ on my chest & back. It worked for my back, but not my chest. I had to use BP to clear my chest acne. I have recently stocked up with some cheap white T-shirts. LOL.

Ah. yeaa...my chest is pretty much clear, but its my stubborn back, I had a gnarly reaction from doryx that initially caused it and it just got worse, even when I stopped the drug.

So you use the AHA from dans kit right? Do you use the mild one or the more severe one. I want to get it. Have you used Dan's one for the face?

Ah. yeaa...my chest is pretty much clear, but its my stubborn back, I had a gnarly reaction from doryx that initially caused it and it just got worse, even when I stopped the drug.

So you use the AHA from dans kit right? Do you use the mild one or the more severe one. I want to get it. Have you used Dan's one for the face?

Yep. I am using Dan's AHA+ & BP. Dan's mild/moderate body regimen uses only AHA+, while the moderate/severe body regimen uses BP first, followed by AHA+. When the AHA+ didn't appear to be working for my chest, I thought I would try BP on it's own, rather than BP and AHA+ (I didn't want to waste the AHA+ on my chest if it didn't need it). Luckily, the BP on it's own did the job. I think I posted a before/after photo in another thread.

I don't think I mentioned in the text with my gallery photos which BP I used & how much. I don't think they can be edited now, but again I used Dan's BP on the whole of my face & neck, but only 1 pump of the 16oz bottle (= 1 1/2 pumps of new bottle). I wanted to get away with putting as little on as possible, so as not to make my skin feel uncomfortable.

Edited by Manticore

I wonder what the 'inactive ingredients in Dans Bp are. I've tried proactiv repair treatment for my back with no luck. I had also bought a Walgreens brand of AHA 10% I believe. Can't say it really worked cause I didn't give it enough time.

So you use the moderate sever body kit? I'd get that. I HOPE IT WORKS! Hows your back now? And how long have you been on the regime? Thanks ;)

QUOTE (Melie87 @ May 1 2011, 07:17 AM)

I wonder what the 'inactive ingredients in Dans Bp are. I've tried proactiv repair treatment for my back with no luck. I had also bought a Walgreens brand of AHA 10% I believe. Can't say it really worked cause I didn't give it enough time.

So you use the moderate sever body kit? I'd get that. I HOPE IT WORKS! Hows your back now? And how long have you been on the regime? Thanks wink.gif

I didn't actually buy the body kit, I bought the products individually.

I started my AHA+ body regimen at the beginning of January. I think I swapped to using BP on my chest after about 6 weeks of no improvement. After another 5 to 6 weeks my chest acne had cleared. I still get the occasional spot on my chest & back, but nowhere near as much as before.

My chest & back have no active spots at the moment.

Edited by Manticore