Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ink

Help!! Scar solutions anyone?

ph34r.gif whats going on? i need help with finding a remedy for my acne scars. My scars are very dark because Im light skinned and I could really use some advice. I know that things will improve with time but sometimes it seems like there hasnt been ay improvements. I've been to dermatologists and have had two chemical peels that just seem'd to irritate my skin. I would like to try lazer treatments but they cost too much.

If you have very superficial scarring, that only you can see, try a series of microdermabrasions since you dont like peels

If your scarring is mild, not too deep rolling scars, you can try needling , smoothbeam (i dont think they bring dramatic changes), or fillers (permanent or not, that give immediate results in 3 or 4 sessions)

For ice pick, you wanna try TCA cross

For severe scarring, well, first try dermabrasion (pray you wont get worse)

I dont think people here will advise you to do CO2 laser

Lasers are probably the worst thing that you could do to your skin. I don't know what type of acne scars you have so I have no idea what might help.

I am taking alot of Vitamin C (organic) around 1500mg a day for the past couple of weeks. And i seing some noticable improvement. Its a slow process but it is effective in long term. and saves alot of money as well. try using some exfoliator as well.

I think you should try a bleaching product with hyroquinone in it, my derm gave me a free sample. It isn't available OTC. Insurance doesn't cover it so you may want to just ask for samples. If all you have is discoloration i.e. dark spots, bleaching cream should help. They will eventually fade (a few months) it is pertinent to apply sunscreen everyday. If you tan, or sunburn this will make the spots more permanent and likely scar. There are lots of products otc that help to banish scars quickly too, moisturizers that claim to even out skin tone etc. The key is to exfoliate 2-3 times per week, and put sunscreen on EVERYDAY. I also put vitamin E on nightly before I got my bleaching cream, I don't know if this really helps but it makes me feel better. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

my derm very stubbornly insists that red there is nothing out there that can quicken the process of fading red marks. In these forums alone, I've seen at least 20 different products/methods for fading red marks, and I think it'd be safe to assume that these products have only worked for a small number of ppl. Unfortunately for me, fading red marks is also a concern, but I don't want to waste my money buying tons of vitamins/creams, esp if they wont help. Personally and based on common sense, I think that exfoliating is the best way to fade red marks. So, go for something that exfoliates ur skin a lot, maybe some sort of home chem peeling kit? Chem peels could help with red marks too, but will not help too much for scarring.