Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwade333

questions on acne and/or possible resolutions?

I have acne pretty much all around my face, on my temples and jaw mostly and some spots here and there on my cheeks and forehead.. even though u can see marks my face feels completely flat i was just wondering if it's serious or not, i got some pictures to show =] plz help!

note that i've gone on the benzoyl peroxide thing for about 5 - 6 weeks but i only did it in the night time because it dried up my skin too much even with moisturizer during the day and it did help, but didn't do much for the marks

basically i just wanna know what kind of condition my acne is in and what i can do to resolve this problem.. should i restart the regimen again or try something new? THANKS

I should mention I'm an 18 yo asian male

post-149580-1303780325_thumb.jpg

post-149580-1303780350_thumb.jpg

post-149580-1303780385_thumb.jpg

post-149580-1303780414_thumb.jpg

post-149580-1303780865_thumb.jpg

post-149580-1303780899_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwade333

Your acne is not that bad, and i think you should keep on using bp.

I know its tempting to find better solutions, but do not give up, bp will definately help you fight pimples.

Perhaps research for a better brand of bp if your not satisfied. I love panoxyl 5% or 10%, its a is highly recommended over the counter brand.

For the scars, you need to be very patient. They will fade but AHA/BHA/RetinA products will help them fade faster because they will gently peel the damaged skin.

Alpha Hydrox is a good brand line to go for. Just look for those ingredients in products from otehr brands as well.

I also find regular exercise, helps your whole body regenerate and the scars heal faster. That proved true for me.

I know its tempting to find better solutions, but do not give up, bp will definately help you fight pimples.

Perhaps research for a better brand of bp if your not satisfied. I love panoxyl 5% or 10%, its a is highly recommended over the counter brand.

For the scars, you need to be very patient. They will fade but AHA/BHA/RetinA products will help them fade faster because they will gently peel the damaged skin.

Alpha Hydrox is a good brand line to go for. Just look for those ingredients in products from otehr brands as well.

I also find regular exercise, helps your whole body regenerate and the scars heal faster. That proved true for me.

Thanks for your reply, for bp currently the brand I use is clean and clear's bp at 5% concentration, it's a gel and I know DKR says to use 2.5 or something but 5% is what most stores sell and that's all I've gone for so far. In terms of other brands I've been hard pressed to find any others other than oxy's 5%. On the bright side, I would consider myself somewhat of a "born" athlete as I do exercise regularly, it used to be anaerobic exercises like basektball for the most part, but now I do mostly weightlifting. For AHA/BHA/RetinA products however, I have questions on those as I'm quite new on cleansing products/brands.. So if you don't mind could you give me a bit of info to what exactly they are and whwere I'd find these products? Thanks :]

Your face looks awesome compared to mine. But keep using the BP and try not to force your acne to pop to help with the scarring later. But it looks like you mostly have just red marks that will fade with time

I'm just unsure of whether or not BP is gonna be good for my skin in the long run.. i have seen the benefits from using it.. but i gues i'l probably go back to it.. also.. if i only use it at night.. is that okay? because if i use it in the morning.. i have to use waaaaaaaay too much moisturizer annd it just flakes my skin all day..

Thanks for your reply, for bp currently the brand I use is clean and clear's bp at 5% concentration, it's a gel and I know DKR says to use 2.5 or something but 5% is what most stores sell and that's all I've gone for so far. In terms of other brands I've been hard pressed to find any others other than oxy's 5%. On the bright side, I would consider myself somewhat of a "born" athlete as I do exercise regularly, it used to be anaerobic exercises like basektball for the most part, but now I do mostly weightlifting. For AHA/BHA/RetinA products however, I have questions on those as I'm quite new on cleansing products/brands.. So if you don't mind could you give me a bit of info to what exactly they are and whwere I'd find these products? Thanks :]

AHA products can be found at target, walgreens, or online if you dont live in the states. There is no need to go for high end products because drugstore products can be just can good.

For your marks i suggest using AHA enriched lotion, which can be found at most drugstores in the states.

If you want retin A, try philosphy "Help me" or "Retin A Mark Removal", it is expensive, but it has a good amount of retina to remove marks and you dont no need prescription for this.

If you do not want to use such "feminine " products, just go to your doctor and ask for some retin A that is useful for acne marks. There are many out there.

And about cleansers, with BP and a mark removal treatment (AHA or retin A), your skin will get dry if not flakey. I have oily skin so i dotn have dryness much, but still get a gentle cleanser such as cetaphil.

If you have oily skin and cetaphil doenst make you feel clean, then try a neutrogena cleanser (Deep Clean or Fresh Foaming etc.). Some of them even contain salicylic acid (BHA) but since it is a cleanser it will not be an effective sourve of BHA.

ALSO!!!! When using AHA or retin A products outside, use a sunscreen moisturizer(oil free).

But most importantly get a good cleanser and use the current bp.

If you want additional mark removal, then use AHA or retin A but make sure you use sunscreen along with it.

Hope i helped, and all the best.