Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've recently read several editorials regarding incorporating a bamboo activated charcoal soap/cleanser into your routine. Basically, the charcoal acts as a natural irritant and helps your skin clear itself. Sounded a bit strange but I decided to give it a go after the recent Marie Claire article.

I've been using Skin Diver from Origins. From their website it says "Bamboo Charcoal go deep to draw out would-be pore-cloggers and remove blockage that breed baddies like bumps, breakouts and bacne."

It's for men, but don't let that deter you. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I've also noticed that cleansing with it prior to applying my RX Retin-A Micro tends to result in less redness.

Has anyone else use Bamboo Activated Charcoal? What brands do you like? Have you used it in combination with your RX medications as well? Cons? I don't have body acne but has anyone else used a similar product for body acne?

Edited by SarahKilometers