Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lmontgom

Another Differin Question

So I have another thread on this topic, but no one is really responding to that question, so I have another. I've been on Differin (0.1% cream) for 3.5 months now, and I don't know if I'm responding to it. I started using it twice/day about 2 weeks ago and I'm still breaking out regularly, although not as badly as I was a couple months ago (I'm getting 3-4 large, painful nodules at a time compared to 8-10), but I seem to have hit a plateau; basically, I'm back to where I was before beginning Differin. I'm starting my third round of Accutane in 3 weeks, and I want to know if I should stick with the Differin, or if I should stop using it.

For those of you that have been successful with Differin, how long did it take you to see full results/at what point did you stop breaking out completely? For those of you that weren't successful, at what point did you quit? When you did quit, did you immediately see an improvement, or did you continue to break out?

So I have another thread on this topic, but no one is really responding to that question, so I have another. I've been on Differin (0.1% cream) for 3.5 months now, and I don't know if I'm responding to it. I started using it twice/day about 2 weeks ago and I'm still breaking out regularly, although not as badly as I was a couple months ago (I'm getting 3-4 large, painful nodules at a time compared to 8-10), but I seem to have hit a plateau; basically, I'm back to where I was before beginning Differin. I'm starting my third round of Accutane in 3 weeks, and I want to know if I should stick with the Differin, or if I should stop using it.

For those of you that have been successful with Differin, how long did it take you to see full results/at what point did you stop breaking out completely? For those of you that weren't successful, at what point did you quit? When you did quit, did you immediately see an improvement, or did you continue to break out?

I never liked Differin. It didn't work for me either...I don't remember how long I used it for (1 month or 2) but that was a couple of years ago. Now they have much better creams and gels for acne! Ask your derm for something stronger!

I use Differin in combination with Dalacin T, and I saw results about four weeks into treatment (reduced blackheads, fewer pimples). I still haven't cleared completely (I started in December) and have only seen a drastic improvement within the last two weeks because I changed my facewash. I hit a plateau as well between February-April, but the change in facewash has improved my skin! Consider the other products that you're using for your skin, and whether they might be having an effect on the efficiency of Differin