Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ella27

If I don't eat a lot will that change anything?

Hello!

I was wondering if I hardly eat will that help at all with acne? ( I would also like to lose weight in my legs but thats another story haha ) I was just wondering if eating less and only eating good things would contribute to my skin not being as oily and feeling any better. Any tips? Thank you!

Hello!

I was wondering if I hardly eat will that help at all with acne? ( I would also like to lose weight in my legs but thats another story haha ) I was just wondering if eating less and only eating good things would contribute to my skin not being as oily and feeling any better. Any tips? Thank you!

I wouldn't recommend it.

It's important to keep your blood sugar stable - which is why a lot of people on this board eats low gi and avoids sugar.

Eating too little will probably mess about with your blood sugar levels, which in turn will mess with your hormones, which will cause more oily skin, which will cause more acne.

(To make a long story short)

Rather eat small amounts of good (low gi) things often.

From personal experience I also know that being too hungry makes me eat stuff out of desperation that I wouldn't normally.

Also, you do not want to deprive your body of nutrition. If you are eating a variety of fresh, whole foods, with lots of fruits and vegetables, you will be providing your body what it needs to function.

Now the question of if you are actually absorbing the nutrients is a different topic entirely. :)

I'm not sure it's healthy and bla bla bla, but it does work.

I started a new job in a new location last December, and I felt so self-conscious and shy and anxious that I completely lost my appetite. All I could manage to eat was raw veg and all I could drink was water, and maybe some orange juice.

I lost plenty of weight and my acne kept getting less and less noticeable. Actually, it must have decreased quite a bit, because I actually stopped thinking about it every single minute of the day.

If you're willing to make changes in your diet to cure your acne, visit DrMercola's website and search for acne. His 'diet' is working for me!

Goodluck :):):)

Edited by oneredwine

Eating right will contribute to your skin not being as oily and feeling better. And clearer skin as well as weight loss. It's not 'another story' at all.

What you want is a healthy lifestyle with natural circadian cycle, stress management, physical activity and a nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet that doesn't include anything you have an intolerance for. More info on all of those things: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Make most meals, drinks and snacks out of plant foods (that aren't grains), herbs and teas and fish. Especially the most nutrient dense such as dark leafy greens, broccoli, berries, sweet potatoes, green tea, etc.

Edited by alternativista