Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nocturne-e

Prom this weekend - possible stress acne breakouts

I've always had pretty clear skin until this year. Now, I'm not complaining, but I realize how good I had it when all I had to worry about were blackheads on my nose (which now I just cover up with some powder anyway!)

My problem now is that my forehead has been breaking out in strange, flesh colored bumps that aren't pimples or anything that I can classify. I have noticed fairly minor, though annoying, break outs around my period (I have feminine hormonal problems) but I am not on it currently. I have a lot of stuff to prepare for, including AP tests, so I think that maybe the small bumps are stressed induced.

They look just like this with this with some blackheads too:

post-149608-1303769533_thumb.jpg

I'm currently taking a multi-vitamin and fish oil pills every night but it hasn't seem to help any as of yet. I also am using an oil free moisturizer and witch hazel night and morning. It sucks because I have prom this weekend and I just really wish it would clear up. The rest of my face is fine.

How can I treat this? I'm using some face wash with sal. acid but it seems to dry out my face somewhat, giving me more blackheads. HELP!!

post-149608-1303769533_thumb.jpg

Edited by nocturne-e

listen to my instructions, this is what to do.

buy a plastic bowl that is big enough to fit your head inside.

next, buy natural sea salt from a health food store.

fill the bowl with water to the halfway mark, preferably with purified water. (I use the water from my fridge water dispenser)

add several tablespoons of sea salt to the water and stir with a spoon. Use your finger to taste gauge if its an adequate amount. (If you've swam in the ocean before, use this as goal and replicate the same consistency. It should taste quite salty.)

Make sure you have a timer and set it for a desired amount of 10-15 minutes.

Place the bowl with water on a table and sit down in a seat, make sure you are comfortable and start dunking your head in and out of the water. dunk your head straight it, or on either sides depending on where your acne is.

If you have long hair, use an elastic band to keep your hair back from sticking to your face while dunking your head.

after the application is done, let the water dry off. You should be left with a layer of sea salt on your face. You can now wash it off, and you should notice immediate effects within a couple applications of doing this (lessens redness, speeds up healing process, gently cleans and exfoliates the skin). I would do this at most twice a day,but generally once a day is enough to notice results.

I've used this in the past with great results. especially when i pop an ocassional pimple i get, this application usually makes my pimple disappear in 2 days.

Edited by Stavs16

Do you know if Epsom salts will have the same effect? I have some of that handy.

no it will not give you the same results. Epsom salts are a muscle relaxant, and that is all really. I've read in some cases that it can reduce rredness in some people, but its not consistant in doing that. Sea salt is an anti inflammatory, anti bacterial , exfoliater and overall much better salt when it comes to acne. Besides its cheap as hell, if you have an organic section at your supermarket, a decent size bag is about 4-5 bucks.

Edited by Stavs16

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Sea salt is quite drying. Could easily make the acne worse, not better.

with the right balance, sea salt should not have any drying effect on the skin. It should actually exfoliate and moisturize the skin. I've been using this method for well over 3 years now, and the only time Ive had dry skin after this application is because I added too much salt to the water, you live and you learn. I really doubt sea salt would also make skin worse, if you've noticed, alot of people on this forum have praised salt water, especially when they go on vacation and they state that there acne cleared up by swimming in the ocean. Coupled with sunlight, the healing effects are quite astounding and dramatic, and are by far much more efficient at eliminating acne than probably almost all of the acne products you will find in your drugmart or supermarket.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

But then of course, if you were to not use it, your acne would return. So it's not eliminating it, it's preventing it. But considering salt can actually be comedogenic, it's not best to say that it's a cure-all. A lot of the time, people clear up because the salt water sucks the water out of the bacteria. Doesn't mean that it can't be problematic.

yes, your acne probably will return because acne is an internal problem and this is merely a topical solution. It is not meant to attack the source of the problem, but simply ease the symptoms. If you want to clear your acne, it is much more difficult to do and requires a serious and consistent dedication to your improving your health. I dont get acne anymore, besides the occasional pimple or too, but I also never relied on this application to clear my acne because I knew it wouldnt. I knew, and everyone else should know too that this is just relieving a SYMPTOM of acne, not the ROOT CAUSE.

If you want to clear your acne, I highly suggest fixing your diet, exercising, taking quality supplements, detoxing your liver several times a year, and purchasing a juicer and adding tons of veggies and fruits in it. I could probably write a book about how i cleared my acne, because there is just so much information to include in a single post, and I obviously am not going to do that because it would take ages to write. I will however say that, acne is not just changing a few things around in your life, its completely changing your lifestyle and opening up your mind to healthy living. I'm here on these forums to help sufferers because I know what it feels like to have acne, and I want to help everyone here.

in regards to your statement regarding salt as comodogenic, if that is the case, use dead sea salt which has a lower sodium chloride ratio and is sought after for its non-comodogenic properties holding the same essential benefits.

Edited by Stavs16

I didn't try the salt but I found something that works really well! Lipton green tea!

I've been researching about skin conditions, acne and diets the last few months because of my break outs and I found a gem of a home remedy. Green tea is awesome because it is anti-inflammatory and many people incorporate it into their anti-inflam. diets. I've been using a salicylic acid wash the past week with some progress but not much. I decided to try a green tea mask and it did wonders! My bumps are almost completely gone in just two masks!

For anyone that's interested, all you have to do is buy the packets of lipton green tea, soak it in very warm water and then either hold it onto your face or just pop it open and mix with a small amount of very, very mild cleanser (I use cetaphil). Then apply it to the spot or to your whole face if you want. It's works really well on the pimples that you can feel coming on but haven't surfaced. Within a couple of days, for me at least, it should be gone.

I do have some black heads currently but those will be easy to cover and it's probably due because I'm dehydrating my skin trying to get rid of the other buggers.

Edited by nocturne-e