Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan27

Is this acne?

Basically its like ive got a golf ball poking out my neck, my skin in general is ok at the moment, I just seem to get one like this every few months and it lasts like 3 weeks or so. Its not even that red, just a massive lump.

Im gunna go see my doc asap but ive had similar in the past and all they do is throw antibiotics at it which doesnt seem to get rid of it any quicker......

Anyone else ever get anything like this, is it definitely acne?

You do have lymph nodes there, and I would definitely agree with the poster above that it's almost certainly a swollen lymph node. You should get it checked out because lymph nodes are really important in the immune system, so you don't want them messed up.

Edited by Sandman21

Not acne unless it's the biggest cyst/nodule on earth. Definitely see a doctor.

Edited by biggs881

Not acne unless it's the biggest cyst/nodule on earth.. Definitely see a doctor.

I agree. If it comes and goes, then I doubt it's a tumor. Probably swollen lymph nodes.

the thing is i've had some similar ones along my jawline/hairline in the past year or two, none as big as this one though. I dunno, Im getting pretty fed up of having to hide my face for weeks.... It isnt too sore, only if i put a fair amount of pressure on it. Cant get a docs appt till next week :(