Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vanityyy

Breaking out - at the end of this bottle - related?

Ok, so I've been on the regimen for about 3 months now. 2.5 months into the regimen, my skin was no longer breaking out, no new pimples at all for at least 1.5 weeks, which wasn't normal for me. Naturally I was ecstatic. I thought it was finally getting better and hoped it would stay that way.

THEN I had a really bad break out 2 weeks ago, like 10 new pimples one week, and then 10 more new pimples after those semi went away. And it hasn't stopped, I'm waking up with at least 1-2 new pimples every day. This is really upsetting because I haven't changed anything. I'm gentle when putting the BP on, I exfoliate very lightly before with a damp washcloth so I don't have to put the BP over dead, dry skin, which I imagine would clog my pores even more. I've been using the washcloth for almost as long as I've been on the regimen, so I don't think that's the problem. I can't get the dead skin off any other way, even with jojoba oil.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experienced breaking out towards the end of the 16 oz bottle for some reason. This is my first 16 oz bottle and it's almost gone. It doesn't burn like it used to (it never burned badly, just slightly). It also doesn't feel like it's drying my skin out like it did before.

Blah. I know that's far-fetched but I don't know what else could be causing this. Has anyone experienced this when you began the regimen (for long time users)? Clear 2.5 or so months in and then a huge breakout around the 3 month mark?

I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement. Any help would be appreciated!

I don't find that I breakout, but I find that the BP is less effective in a way. Maybe it's physiological. I use PanOxyl 2.5 Aquagel